If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#267891 by Loanlady Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 pm
Just an update for all the many women who have been taken in with love letter and marriage proposals. I knew almost from the beginning that this guy was a listed scammer, I did my homework and found a couple of dozen pictures of him in every kind of dress from General to plainclothes. He is good and according to my research he's been doing this for at least 5 years. He romanced me for a couple of months before he put his scam on the table. He was awaiting his retirement papers from the Army. He would come home and we'd live happily ever after. Last week he go his "papers" and would be coming home to the US. There was no Army transport until November and he was anxious to start our lives together. His "CO" found him a private jet that for 18K would bring him to NY as he was traveling with arms and could only return them at a base in NY. I told him to wait it out but he told me of many dead and wanted to come home alive. He gave bank information to have money transferred to me. I could then pay for the jet. He raised 8K and pressured me to lend him the remaining 10K. He was relentless asking me to raise the money several different ways. I finally has enough, the game wasn't fun anymore so tonight I laid my cards on the table and blocked him. Just because he is using a new name doesn't change his scam.
Advertisement

#267893 by HillBilly Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:08 pm
hi and welcome, LoanLady,

please post his email address, and any other email addresses his charactered played in the scam with you.

also any phone #'s, the bank account #, and any other information you may have about this scammer that others may be searching for. It will very likely prevent another possible victim from falling prey to this criminal.

if you have any of his first few emails to you, please post them as well. Their first few emails almost always follow a copy / pasted script that people can search for.

#268401 by Loanlady Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:13 am
He claims to bank with btbankonline.com. I have followed and this is a fraud domain. 209.99.40.219 IS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SITE OR Jeff Edmonston.
#269067 by Yvettehatesscammers Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Hi I have been talking online through messenger from Facebook with a guy that states his name is James Stuart and also states that he is a 4 star General currently serving in Kabul, Afghanistan... After total telling me he was retiring and retiring next month that he wanted to marry me..He states that he is widowed and has a son named Kelvin that is currently in boarding school in England and has had me contact him as well... He said he needed a parcel paid for that is in Russia that they are currently going to close down any day and it upon contacting the company requires a 320.00 registration fee... He has sent me many pictures of himself and we have skyped but it was silent and the man I was seeing was busy typing away and not talking...He said we had to be quiet afterwards... Anyways I have been going back and forth regarding this parcel that he says has over a million dollars in it and some much needed documentation of his in it... I have refused to pay it then upon a friends suggestion Googled him and I am seeing a lot of stuff that concerns me that this guy is not who he says he is... After confronting him yesterday with some posts I read on this site and asking him if he really is who he is..I got no reply and upon even pressing the issue further and saying I was going to go to the local Media And report him and also to his superiors...He deleted me as a friend on Facebook and has now blocked me... I am just wondering what steps I can take next to confirm that I was right or wrong..I also reported to Facebook that his profile may be a fake one.. What should I do now..I feel bad if I am wrong but things were just not adding up right to me..He confessed that we would never be apart and would be forever but it all came crashing down when I confronted him..I also asked for him to give me a phone number so I could contact him and he said that he was not permitted due to give out that info due to his position and he is only able to contact by phone his "superiors"... Was I wrong or right and does anyone else here have had the same thing happen to them with James Stuart??? He always called me honey and seemed so in love with me asked me to be his wife..and always was bringing up the "parcel" and was adamant about me getting it for him or he was going to lose all of his savings from the war and his documentation that he needed..That he had himself deposited the monies and needed it for his retirement and to build a life with me... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated... Thank You
#269071 by Mike Wilson Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:47 pm
Hello Yvettehatesscammers and welcome to Scamwarners,
I am sorry to hear that you were targeted by these scammers. The person that you were in contact with is not in the military service of any country, He is simply a young West African scammer trying to steal your money and is playing both roles. The general and the son are most likely the same person. A four star General would not be chatting with you through facebook or ask you for money to ship a parcel.

The reason that he did not talk with you is because his African accent would have spoiled his whole story.

Please post he contact information such as email address and telephone number along with any emails that you have asking for a payment to be sent.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#269162 by Yvettehatesscammers Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:24 pm
9/25/2015

Hi I wanted to give you some more info on this scammer...

The company he wanted me to send money too was... [email protected]..I have a copy of email rom the so called parcel holders requesting $320.00 but do not know how to post it..

The email he is using is: [email protected]

If you could plz tell me how I can send email to you let me know.

Thank you Sincerely

Yvette
can I get email to forward it too????
#275918 by Stormee Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:10 pm
This man also has a Facebook profile listed as James Robb / Robb Lester.
The phone number he is using is 571-762-1856 and the email is [email protected].
His FB profile is facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010641902147&fref=ts.
#275919 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:20 pm
^^^^^
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010641902147
Commander in Cheif at Fort Hood-Army Base and Commander at Military1
No schools/universities to show
Lives in Austin, Texas
From Columbia, Indiana

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/