If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#268072 by rheingremlin Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:44 pm
I have recently purchased a motorcycle jacket from the website: http://www.pizzeriaschezmaggy.com/. After I completed my credit card details my money was gone but I never received a confirmation, receipt and they do not reply to any inquiries on their web site, which is based in China. Naturally I have not received the jacket either and I will now have to claw it back through my credit card provider.
Don't be tempted by their low prices, you will get nothing for your money!
Advertisement

#268075 by HillBilly Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:33 pm
there does not seem to be any direct signs of fraud at that website. all though there are a few red flags.

what makes you think they are in China? the website itself is in the Netherlands.

Contact your Credit card people as soon as possible and report it.

#268083 by vonpaso xlura Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:20 pm
The domain has a six-year registration, but the registrant's data are garbage:

Registrant Name: Emily steven
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 4093 W Rim Trl
Registrant City: toyoto Doesn't exist
Registrant State/Province: Alabama
Registrant Postal Code: 23421 Near Norfolk, Virginia
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +63.6058992692 Philippines
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#268096 by HillBilly Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 pm
and those 6 years are not consecutive:
Updated Date: 06-jul-2015
Creation Date: 24-may-2010

July 6 is far from the 30 day grace period to renew from May 24.... unless the registrar really has bad, bad math skills.

Hosting History 12 changes on 4 unique name servers over 5 years

#268102 by AlanJones Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 pm
The name pizzeriaschezmaggy.com is strange for a company selling motorbike gear, you'd expect them to be selling pizzas - and indeed, a look at archive.org shows that back in February, they were a Peruvian pizza seller.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#268120 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 am
Another point

http://www.pizzeriaschezmaggy.com/privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode/

You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998

That's a UK Act of Parliament and is, of course, only relevant to UK companies.

Before I retired part of my job was producing and checking complex legal and banking documents so I like going for terms and conditions on websites because scammers very easily make mistakes and copy them off other websites without knowing where they need to amend them.

No properly formed company would make such a mistake.

If it were a UK company, or even a European one, UK and EU law dictates what information must appear on the website, such as contact information, which is lacking.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle