If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#268962 by hbailey333 Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 pm
I was looking for a munchkin kitty to buy and found someone selling two on a petfinder website. I looked on oodles and petfinder as well as a few others. Long story short I got scammed out of 700 dollars. It is very easy to get scammed, very difficult to get help for it. So what I want to do is get the word out there about the people who scammed me , helping someone avoid these terrible people is all I can do, and people should know what to look for.
I did some research on the people and learned that they have been doing this for at least 5 years. They change very little about their ads, emails and information.
So far I found three names and emails they go by
(1) Kristi Nicky
[email protected]
(2). Eunice Garry
[email protected]
(3) Chris log
[email protected]

They say they will ship the pet using uship worldwide company Ltd animal services
http://www.uship.com/pets
also called it global air pets transport
that email was [email protected]

Phone numbers I have been contacted with are
1.971-313-0540
2.912-550-4602
3.719-695-8010
4.503-893-5108

The story from what I learned so far stays pretty much the same. They just moved and can't take care of their pets because of a new job. They ask many questions and give you a lot of details about their pets. The address they gave me was
2655 SE
21st Ave Portland Oregon, 97202

These people are not American. I was lead to believe that the seller was a female and she put me in contact with the pet transport service and that man was not American, but Muslim .
It turned out to be the same person, there was no seperate owner and transport service.

I felt unsure at one point and called the bbb. They said that yes, it was a real company since 2003. That was what made me trust These scam artist ebough to send them money.
When I knew I was being scammed I let the people know and that I wanted my money back but they harassed me for over a week everyday asking for more money. I couldn't take it anymore so I called the police and told them my story. They said all I can do is block the number. I told them if I quit responding to one number, they contact me with another. Today is the first day my phone has been silent from that man.
I did enough research to know that the money I sent went to a Wal-Mart in Dunwoody Georgia, I called the police there but they refused to help. I called that Wal-Mart and they said all they can tell me was that a man picked it up between 9 and 10 am.

I called the bbb back and they told me that they didnt have a record of the company. So I asked the lady why two days ago I called and they said the company was legit and on there since 2003 , to not being on there at all. How does that happen ?? She Said there was nothing she could do and try the state attorney general's office. I called there and they said they would mail me forms which still aren't here.
I also contacted the consumer financial protection bureau, money gram, and ic3. Money gram told me that I willingly sent money and I should have known better. I was a victim of fraud and they couldn't help me.
The local police said they would look into it but they don't handle cases this big. But the fbi doesn't handle cases this small.
I feel helpless and have a devastated daughter who thought she was getting a kitty.
I'm trying to get oodle shut down, and am trying to file a complaint against money gram for enabling scammers like these ones.
That's all I have so far but I'm going to try my best to get the word out about these people to save innocent pet lovers from being victims like I am.
Advertisement

#268963 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm
I am very sorry that you lost money to these scammers.

You will not be successful with your complaint to Oodle. Oodle has a warning on each listing.

Important Safety Tips

Meet the seller and pet in person
Don’t wire money or take advance payments.
Only pay for shipping if you know the seller.

To learn more, visit the Safety Center or click here to report this listing.

Moneygram did exactly what you asked them to do.

Your scammer is most likely in Africa. Our law enforcement can not cross boarders. The police in scamming countries can be bribed to look the other way.

BBB is not a fault either. Your fake Global Air Transport pretended to be a real company. Yours used a yahoo email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#268964 by Mike Wilson Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:10 pm
Hello hbailey333 ,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to these criminals. Please post the emails that gave the instructions on how to make the payment. This information will give the scammers exposure they do not want and will help others avoid losing money. Please remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam it the pet seller or shipper asks for a payment via Money Gram or Western Union.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon