If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#269001 by Antonella Pirrone Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:42 am
Hello,

I agree to rent you my flat . I require one month deposit & one month rent in advance £600.00 + £600.00 = £1200.00. Deposit is fully refundable at the end of your stay.

As I told you in my first e-mail, I am in Poland with my work. Before leaving England I had prearranged the deal with Airbnb Inc. (http://www.airbnb.co.uk ) so my presence in England isn't necessary. The keys and the contract is in their possession.

Once your deposit has been received by Airbnb Inc. they will deliver the keys/contract or an Airbnb agent will meet you at the property address to show you the flat and sign the lease contract with you in my behalf. At this point there might be two possible situations:

1. If you like the property, you can sign the contract (send me one copy) and move-in;
2. Otherwise, Airbnb , Inc. will fully refund your deposit.

However, you will receive the procedure overview and payment instructions from Airbnb , Inc. Using the reference given by the company, you can track your money within their records anytime.

To book my flat I would need this info from you:

- your I.D. full name, address ( photocopy of your passport or driver license I.D.)
- current address
- valid email address
- phone number
- references
- exact move in date
- exact move out date

Afterwards you will receive all info and guidelines by email from Airbnb , Inc.

PS : As I said : Viewing without booking confirmed/paid is not available!

DO NOT BELIEVE IN THIS!!!!!
Advertisement

#269016 by vonpaso xlura Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:10 am
airbnb.co.uk is genuine. Please post the name the scammer is using and his email address and any fake website involved.

The writing shows that the scammer is African.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#269023 by Antonella Pirrone Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:50 am
Scott Robertson ([email protected])
Hello,
My name is Scott Robertson. I am the Owner/Landlord of the property.

The property is still available.
Viewing without booking confirmed/paid is not available.

This is the name and email address he is using. Is it normal that someone asks you to pay £600 deposit even before seeing the flat??
#269064 by Mike Wilson Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:02 pm
Airbnb is a legitimate company that helps connect individuals for short term vacation rentals and is not in the business of renting properties for permanent residence. All legitimate payments for reservations made with Airnb will be made through the Airnb website. Anyone asking for a payment via any other means is a scam and should be avoided. Airbnb is not connected to this scam in any manner.

These scammers often claim to be part of legitimate companies by listing a website in their emails. A legitimate company would not be using a free email account such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. to correspond with their clients.

Never make a deposit for any long term rental without a personal inspection of the property first. If they refuse to show the property without a deposit it is a scam and the best thing to do is to walk away and look elsewhere.

If you have other questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon