If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#269090 by shezi69 Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:43 pm
I think I am in the process of being scammed. I have been aware of this for a while but have allowed the scammer to continue sending emails to me, Tonight he called me and from his voice and accent I realised that he sounds like a Nigerian. He used the excuse of being brought up in America, the UK and Germany as an excuse. Here are the mails the content of which I have traced to a number of sites on scammers and sites for love poems etc.

On 8 September 2015 at 11:58, Anderson Morgan <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello dear,
Good morning.
I hope you had a good night rest?
Thanks for giving me your personal email address, I feel honored, I just thought you should truly know me better.

I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age I do not know what and when to say, then what would I be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending?
No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend.
A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime. A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound.

I just thought I'd share my background with you to enable you know me more. I come from a middle-class background
I was born in Missouri, June 30th, 1966. I lost my wife 5 years ago to cancer, she died after 6 years into our marriage when my daughter was only 5. It was so devastating that I never wanted to date again but time has past and I have decided to put the past behind me and move on with my life. Life is too short to be living with the past. But her memories lingers.

My mother is from UK while my dad is from United States of America. My dad's job took us to Germany when I was about turning seven... he has worked a variety of jobs, but he ended up in construction before he died when I was 25 years old. I decided to take after my father in construction but in a different style and manner(Architecture/Construction/Building Engineering).

My mum was working as a medical biller for a German hospital, she bills claims and medical stuffs, she died 8 years ago. I spent most time with my mum and was very close to her. When my dad died, we went back to the UK and later relocated back to the States and as a result I have a combination of accents.

I have not felt the love of a woman for long time now and I really miss it. I am a one man to one woman relationship type and when I love, I love real hard, I listen to my partner and understand a lot.. .
Some day I hope to help people healthier, more loving decisions with their lives. Perhaps as a kind of counselor. In the mean time, I’m happy with what I am doing because I know that the work I do makes a difference.

I love everything about building and construction, I love to create new things everyday, am into building of houses,hospitals, construction of roads, building of structures for companies and underground laying of oil pipes, I hardly get angry because I do believe that energy and time should be put into something good.

This will be all for now and thanks for reading, hope that you find nothing offensive in what I have written, if there is anything else you would like to know, please do not hold back to ask and would like to know more about you.

Cheers and a big hug from me to you.
Have a lovely day.
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely.

Anderson

Hello Dear Good morning.
How are you doing?
Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for telling me about you, though I will be hoping to learn more with time.
I am so sorry for all you have passed through with your ex. I can feel your pains and knew what you have passed through. I promise to be a good man and the man of your dream.
I also really appreciate your faith and belief in God. I go to church regularly. I was born a Catholic, baptised and confirmed.

I have to tell you this that from the little I have read from your email and profile, I understand that you have a lovely and caring heart that needs someone to share with.
I have not been in a relationship for long now because I don’t just want to rush into any relationship that will not last long.
I want a relationship that will lead to something great.
I am a man who will never cheat on my partner because I believe that God made one man for one woman and so it should be like that.

I just thought I’d share this with you and know what you think. I understand that there are many different ways to partner and I try not to judge other people’s choices but for me, I would like to find an equal partner. Someone who contributes as much as I do to a relationship.
This doesn’t have to be about money but in total, the work, effort and total contribution we bring.
I have expectations for myself and in the past I’ve found it difficult to find someone who had similarly high expectations for themselves.

It seems like so many people want to do ‘just enough’ to get by but I want more than that. As a basic foundation I think there should be respect for each others freedom (though to make a partnership work. I believe that we have to freely choose to take our partner and our family into consideration when we make choices), honesty and openness, I believe that honesty, even if we don’t want to hear what someone has to say, is always more kind in the long run.

I think it’s especially important for partners to be able to trust each other, without that, it just seems like everything falls apart.
I also think it’s important to be able to express your needs and wants to each other. And make decisions together about how to meet them.

I believe it’s important to be kind to each other, to not be callous with each others hearts.
To have compassion and empathy for each other and be willing to really listen to what your partner has to say.
I want to support my partner in achieving her dreams, and feel supported by them in accomplishing mine.
I want to work together with my partner to make decisions as a family, and share our power, well....

I enjoy walking, holding hands, kissing, cuddling and spending good time with my woman. I have really missed the love and company of a woman for long time now. I like swimming, sports activities like soccer etc. I watch soccer with passion.

This will be all for now and thanks for reading, hope that you find nothing offensive in what I wrote, if there is anything else you would like to know, please do not hold back to ask.
My next email will be questions for you, hope you wouldn't mind?

Have a good day.
I will be hoping to hear back from you soon.

Cheers and a big hug from me to you.

Anderson.

Dearest Angel,
It is always nice to wake up with sweet thought of you..
How are you doing my Princess?
Thank you so much for your whatsap text.

Give me the chance to walk into your heart.
I promise not to hurt you, I will not hurt you for all the money in the world. I am out to show you love and tenderness.
I will respect you and treat you like a lady.
I will show you what love and feelings is all about.
I will make the difference in your life.

Please trust me enough on this. Do not judge me by what you have passed through with other men. I will not be like them.
There are still good men out here just like there are still better ladies out there.
Give me your hand and trust in this.
Give me the trust and allow me show you that I am going to be nice and good and will not play with your emotions.
I have a fragile heart that was broken before.
I know how it feels to be hurt and will not want that for someone else.
Love is the heart's immortal thirst and when we have it, it's the greatest gift and the source of happiness.

Just want to know little more things about you. I hope I won't bore you with my questions.
1.What is your favorite color?
2.Favorite food.
3.How you spend your free time.
4.What makes you smile and sad.
5.Where you have traveled to and would love to travel.
6.How your normal day looks like.
7.Your favorite season.

I hope this is not too much to ask? I will give you back my side of the answers. If you have anything to add to it please do.

I hope to hear from you again.
Have a lovely day.

I will be thinking about you all day.
A very big hugs and kisses.

Anderson

My Dearest
It's another beautiful day with sweet thoughts of you.
How are you doing my angel?
I hope you are doing well. I am doing great and thinking a lot about you.
I am thinking about the beauty of knowing you more and every mail brings me closer to knowing you more and more.

Thank you for your email and kind words.

How are you doing my Angel?

Thank you also for your answer to my questions, I will have to give you my own answers....
My favorite color is Red.
My favorite food; I love to try new things (as long as it does not smell weird). Don't really have a favorite. I like Italian, also likes hot dog and burger, even a very good steak.
Place I will like to travel next is Paris, France and Hawaii. I have traveled so much because of my parents and my job. I have traveled to so many cities in the states.
What makes me smile: My daughter and all children, playing with children and also been with my partner(take a walk, holding hands,hung out and camping)...so of recent you are the one making me smile always when ever I think of you.
What makes me sad: seeing people cry makes me so sad, also abuse to children and animals.
My favorite season Spring.
I love and enjoy the job I do with passion.
On a normal working day, I leave home by 8:30am and comes back by 6:00pm. I drop my daughter at school and picks her up. Then weekends we are always together and Sundays goes to church.

I know that it is difficult to trust words from someone you have not met but trust and belief are very essential in a relationship. I have no reason to say what I do not mean. I am an open book.
I came on the site with one purpose. To look for that missing special person.

I am not one of those men that came to deceive women. I am a man of integrity.
I will not do anything to hurt you.
I just want you to give me your hand in this.

I want a relationship with you.
I want your hand of trust.
Please do not judge me with what you have passed through.

I remained single for this long because I did not want to rush into a relationship again. I have a very fragile heart and I do not think I can endure another pain.
I will make you smile all the time.
I promise to help erase all sad memories from your mind.

I am an open book and I am ready to tell you all about me from childhood to adulthood.

I was raised by my mom whom to me is the best woman that ever lived.
She taught me respect for women at a very tender age. She showed me love and made me promise her never ever to hit a woman. I have never done that and will never do that.
I want you to give me the chance to make things right. I promise to love you with all that I am. I promise to give you all my heart without reservations.
I will love you and treat you like a lady.

I will make you happy all the time. Putting smiles on your face will be my priority. I will make you smile all the time.

Please open up your heart and give me the chance to walk into your heart.
I want to tell you that the words I use in my mail comes straight from my heart. It is my own way of expressing how I feel in my inside.
I am sure of what I feel and how you have affected me.

I often imagine a perfect union
One that is built with Love and Happiness
One that brings an incomparable Joy.

I have broken the habit of fear of been hurt by a woman. That has always been my fear, but I have decided to move on and see where it will lead me.

I have attached a flower to this email.

You are always on my mind.
Have a wonderful Saturday.
I will be doing general house cleaning and laundry. I will also be taking Nicole for movies later in the day.
What will you be doing today?
Hugs to you.......

Love.
Anderso

Dearest
It's another beautiful Sunday with sweet thoughts of you.
It is always with smile on my face getting an email or message from you.
Thank you for the compliments on my email.

You asked me what people call me? Most people call me Andy.
I so much have love for soccer. I watch soccer with passion. I support Chelseafc of England.
I am so happy you enjoyed your evening.

Dearest I think about you every minute, most times I try to control myself so I don't get distracted. Even when I haven't met you, am beginning to get used to you.

I am giving you my hands and also taking yours. I will trust you with all my heart. I will love you for the rest of my life.

I am doing good and thinking so much about this beautiful thing that I am feeling in my heart. I have not felt like in a very long time...I will not forgive myself if I loose out on knowing you..

Let me bask in the light of your eyes
Let me breathe the breath of your soul
I will sit at your feet
learn from your wisdom
I have seen my visions
and dreams manifested
and my revelation come to life
in your eyes
We will unlock the mysteries
that until now
evaded us
And with the discovery of truth
Of understanding
Of strength
Of dreams
born into reality
we will accomplish great things
and move the world
and this boundless power of love
that is US…

There is not time that passes without my mind going to you.
You are occupying my mind all the time.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
I went to church this morning, I was at Catholic Church. I prayed to God for us, I asked for his will to be done in this relationship we are about starting.

I will be hoping to hear back from you soon.
I will talk to you later...
Hugs and kisses

Love.

Anderson

Dearest
It is another beautiful with sweet thoughts of you.
It is another day that I am starting with smiles on my face because of you.
My heart skips a beat when ever there is a message from you.
I wish you will open up this heart and see what it says.
My heart beats anytime I think of you......

Thank you so very much for your time last time. It was really fun with you. I haven't felt this way for such a long time now. I have really missed special time like this with my woman.
I am still waiting for my pictures. I begged you to wake me up with it.

I want to answer your questions from your last email. I want to tell you that I am a one man to one woman kind of person. I don't cheat and double date. I am only talk to you and hardly go to that site. I belief there are so many distractions out there and so I don't want to be distracted. I want to concentrate on us and see where this leads us. I will even leave the dating site today. What about you? How many people are you talking to?

I hope you are doing well?

Honey, I am asking for a committed and serious relationship. I have made up my mind on this. I want us to get married and live together for the rest of our life.
This is the stage of our life where we need someone to share the rest of our life with. I want nothing less than a serious relationship. I want to build a home with you. I want to get married to you.

I told Nicole so much about us and living together as a family and she was so happy about it. This is what she has always wanted. Someone to make her hair and someone to go shopping with. She has been dreaming and praying for me to have a good woman that will love me. She will love you, I promise you that.
She likes Music, games and movies.

I want to assure you that my words comes straight from my heart. The words that I use in my mails are just an expression of how I feel in my heart of hearts.
I want you in my life. You have touched a place in my heart that I thought will never be touched again. I have been touched by an angel. You are that angel that has touched me. You touched me in my heart.

Beneath what all the world does see
There burns a fire bright
It burns with such intensity
A blinding bright white light

There is no way to douse the flame
It burns eternally
And though it burns there just for you
It consumes only me

I have missed the love and warmth of a woman in a long time. I kept alone because I do not want to rush into anything that I am not sure of but when you came along all my doubts and fears disappeared. You have taken over my whole life and I am loving you more and more everyday.
I think about you all the time. I think about how you fare on a daily basis. I think about what and what you will be doing at particular points in time. My heart is in your hands.

I have decided to give up everything to fall in love. I have decided to do anything to make you know that my love is here to stay.
My love will conquer all doubts. My heart beats for you...

I will be thinking about you all through today.
I will be thinking about all that you will be doing today.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Have a lovely day.
I have to go back to work.
Hugs and kisses
Love
Anderson

My dearest ,
It is another day that starts with sweet thought of you.
You are the tonic that I need to start my day. You are my light in darkness.
You are the reason why I wake up in the morning and sleep at night..
My life has never been the same since that day that I saw your profile on the dating site.
My life has been full of love and happiness. My life has turned into smiles and joy.
Thank you so much for being you....

Thank you so much for your time yesterday and kind words.
I want you to know that you can ask me any question you wish to. I am an open book and can tell you anything you want to know.
You talked about my Job and which I don't understand what you want me to tell you about it. Just ask any question and I will be sincere to give you answers.

How are you doing my angel?
I hope you are doing well.

I am doing well. I am always happy since that day that you came back into my life....

My day is always filled with smiles on my face.
All because of you...
I was crushed into pieces full of pain and anger. I hated that love existed. I hated that I had loved anyone.
Time has passed my heart has been put back together. As fragile as it feels.. it still longs to be loved. My heart yearns for a touch that will comfort my soul.
I see people falling in love..and I begin to feel lonely.
My heart wants someone to fall in love with.

My heart yearns to be guarded by hands who will never let go or hurt it.
I dream of falling in love..
the sight of people holding hands..
pulls at my heart.
where is my queen and the waiting begins..
waiting for someone to come set rescue me from this cold castle and set my heart free.
I was waiting until you came along...
You are always on my mind
I will always be there for you.
I will always be your man........

You know that I have been through a lot. I want to be able to trust you. I want to be sure that you are in this with me. I want you for keeps.
I want you as mine...

Have a lovely day.
I have to go back to work.

I will be hoping to hear back from you.

Love

Anderson

Dearest
It is another beautiful day here in Durban.
It is another day with warm thoughts about you.
I wish you will open up my heart and see that my heart beats for you.
I wish you will be able to open up my heart and see that your name is written in letters of gold across my heart.

Thank you so much for your love for me. Thank you also for the compliments on my picture. It was taking in UK last year when I went to see my Auntie.
I am the only child but I have uncles and Aunties in America and also in UK.
I don't keep much friends, I have few friends and colleagues.
I take care of Nicole my self. Back in the United states, I had a very good neighbor Katty. She is just a family friend and Nicole and the children are so close.
Babe yes I cook and also eat out at times.
I go out babe at weekends and holidays.

I am a Catholic and you are a protestant. It all goes down to one God. We all belief in God and that is all that matters.
Catholic is a universal church and I like their way of worship.

How are you doing?
I hope you are doing fine.
I am doing fine but I keep thinking about you and the joy that knowing you brings to my heart....
I think about you every moment of my life.

I just want your hand of trust. My heart was torn into pieces is the reason why I want to be sure you are in this with me. I am committed to you 100%. I am afraid of getting hurt again. It will surely crush my heart.
I do not want your personal or private info. I want your hand of trust. I want to know that you are in this with all your heart.

From the glowing embers of your spirit
Came a little warmth of your love
Together we set it in a cozy little spot
Safe from the world up above

Then a soothing breath from your lungs
Helped to ignite the flame
On that lonely candle
In the core of my soul

As time passed day by day
Conflicts caused great winds to blow
But you cupped your hands around it
And it just flickered with a brilliant glow

They say that nothing is forever
But I don't believe that's true
That little candle in my heart
Is a loving peace from you

I want to assure you that the words I use in my mails are coming straight from my heart. The words are words that comes freely from my mind. It is my own way of expressing how I feel in my heart of hearts.
I know that love and feelings take time.

I am willing and ready to wait and learn you more. I want to know what makes you tick.. I want to know what makes you smile.. I want to know what makes you cry. I want to know what brings smiles to your face...I want to know your daily routine.
Please involve me in your world. I want to be in your world.

Have a wonderful day.
I have a rush back to work.

Nicole sends her love and regards.
Give my love and regards to everyone

I have attached flower to this email..

Love
Anderson.

Dear Sunshine,
It's another beautiful day with sweet thoughts of you.
How are you doing my Angel?
Hope you are having a great day?

Thanks also for your time on the chat yesterday.
I have noticed that I haven't been feeling lonely ever since we started talking. Thank you for been you.
Nicole send her love and regards. She talks about you all the time.
I know you are reading for your exams and you forget most things you have asked me. You always repeat things you have asked me before.

I have never in my life met someone more beautiful, enjoyable, loving, and comforting as you. Since the very first day that you emailed me I knew there was something very special about you. I had no idea then that I would fall in love, but now that I have, I am so grateful. I am grateful for us to have wandered into one another's world so softly and unexpectedly. Nature took its course on our hearts and joined them in a way never imaginable.

I want you to know, that from the very depths of my heart, I love you. And I love everything that creates you, from your hair - that I wish I could play in more often... to your forehead - that I wish I could kiss while you sleep; from your eyes - that sparkle when you smile (just for me)... to your nose - that I wish I could rub my nose against; from your lips - that I just know were made perfectly to fit against mine... to your chin - that I would love to place my finger under to pull you close for a kiss; down your neck and to your heart - that in my own, I claim as mine, and down past every inch of every part of your existence.

I wish more than anything that you and I could grow together, love together, learn together, and laugh together, forever. I sincerely feel that between the two of us, we have the kind of love that some people never get a chance to experience. I promise to love you as much as I can, as best as I can, and for as long as I can. And no matter what, it's very important to me for you to know that you are an irreplaceable spirit that will always be a part of me.

Have a lovely day.
I will talk to you later.

Hugs and kisses.
Love always,

Your Almost Perfect Love

Dearest ,
It is another beautiful day with warm thoughts of you.
I was awake all through the night thinking about what you are meaning to my heart.

Baby I am just so surprised at some of your questions. From the beginning I have told you that I live in Table View, Cape Town. I only told you I am here in Durban for a job project. I will come back to Cape Town after this project. I don't know why you keep forgetting things we have talked about. I get my contracts with recommndations.
I love cool jams, R$B, Rock and others.

How are you doing?
I hope you are doing well...

I am a man of my words. Nothing means to me more than my happiness and that is exactly what you are bringing into my heart.
I want to assure you that the words in my mails are coming straight from my heart. It comes out of the abundance of how I feel about you. I want you in my life. I want your hand with mine and I know that two heads are better than one..
I know that my meeting you on the site has the hand of God.
I know that my coming on the site has a divine programming.
You have broken down the walls of resistance in my heart. You have succeeded in touching a place that I thought will never be touched again. I am loving the feelings though...
You are always on my mind.
Like the air, you can feel it but you can't touch it..
Like the water, you can taste it but you can't hold it tight in your palm
Like a rose, so beautiful but it has a torn that would hurt you
Like a song, that I would sing it everyday
Those all analogy it's just about you
You have stolen every single part of my body
You have stolen my eyes, that's makes me couldn't see anybody around me except you
You have stolen my lips, that's insist me only talk about you
You have stolen my brain, that's makes me wanna think about you every day, and every minute of my life
You have stolen my soul, that's makes me feel emptiness if I have to let you go..
You have stolen my life, that's makes me wants you to be apart of my life
So perfect you've taken not only my body but also my soul, just for you..
Even though you're not only one in this world, but you are the perfect one for me..

There is no minute that passes without my mind running to you. I want to assure you that it is love that I am feeling. I know that my heart is in this 100%. My heart beats for you all the time....
I wish you will see that my heart beats a lot for you. I want your hand in this. I want your trust and understanding.
I am always thinking about you.
Your face is always on my mind.
Your face is always on my memory.

I think about you all the time. I can't wait to meet you, I am doing my countdown baby.
Nicole sends her love and regards to mom.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Love
Anderson

Anderson Morgan

21 Sep (3 days ago)

to me

My Dearest Sheri,
It's a beautiful day here with another thought of you.
How are you doing and how is every one?

First of all, I would like to say I love you with all my heart! I will never ever forget the first day that we will meet. I still imagine each and every detail. Meeting you has been an answer to my prayers. I will always love you. My heart belongs to you and ONLY you. I never want you to forget that. I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with someone so fast ... but, this has totally proved me wrong. I am truly happy to be with you. You are my everything and I will do anything for you. I will never leave your side and when you leave for long periods of time I will be right there for you.

Each and every kiss will feels like the first and my love for you will grows stronger and stronger as the seconds, minutes, hours and days go by. I love you with all of my heart, mind, body and soul and I always will. Baby, I love you!!!

Please give my love and regards to every one around baby.
Nicole sends her love and regards to mom.

Love always,
Hugs and kisses
Anderson

Dearest ,
It is another beautiful day here.
It is another day with warm thoughts about you.
I wish you will open up my heart and see that my heart beats for you.
I wish you will be able to open up my heart and see that your name is written in letters of gold across my heart.

My dear I still don't understand why you keep bringing issues. I don't understand the reason behind my snapping pictures even when I am working. I guess you have things on your mind. Well just let me know what your mind tells you.

How are you doing?
I hope you are doing fine.
I am doing fine but I keep thinking about you and the joy that knowing you brings to my heart....

If only I could have come up with the right words to describe the depth of this beautiful feeling that I have for you, I would have whispered them to you the first time we met. The best thing that I can do is to show you now.

I love you so much, Sweetie. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are like the best poetry ever composed, the best song ever played, the best picture ever painted. I never thought that someone like me could get so lucky!

I love you more than my life, more than my world. I love you more and more each day and that is the most wonderful feeling any man can ever hope to experience.

Have a wonderful day.
I have a rush back to work.

Give my love and regards to everyone.

Love
Anderson.

Dearest Love,

It's another day here with another thought of you.

How are you doing my Princess?

I am so very sorry for not writing to you this days. I get tired at some questions you ask me. Some things you tell me gets me scared if you really trust me or wanted me in the first place.

I will tell you something today and tomorrow you will ask same question.

God knows I have real love for you and will never hurt you for anything in this world.

I used to be a dead living man before I found you. I never know I could madly be in love again. As soon as I met you my fingers met joy and my heart felt peace. I was like a land without water, where every plant witnesses drought, a sea without oxygen where every organisms met with God, and like the rose without nectar, which was deserted by every insect. When I found you, a new me was made.

Sometime in life time, we meet people we have no expectation of meeting. Sometimes you meet people and your whole world experience reforms. I meet you and started realizing the reason why I have to stay longer. There are times I search for who cares and loves me but I never see, until a day I want to fail in faith and hope but going down I meet your soft, tender hands waiting to lift me up, which shows love and care.

My heart accelerates at the speed of light, every time I breathe, I hear the rhythms of your sweet name, so melodious and charming. Every time I breathe I notice the inclination in the level of love I have for you. Maybe it's because I keep you in the most integral part of my heart. Sometimes I try to stop loving you but I realize, "I can stop breathing, because even if I do, my brain will never cease in passing the impulse of you to my soul because my love for you is burning out control."

I just wanted to let you know, how much I love all that you are and will be. Without a doubt you keep me together and for the first time in my life I have something to believe in. You truly are my love, my soul mate, and my best friend. You've seen me at my worst and still take me as I am. I thank God for you every day because I know you are heaven sent; you are my angel.

The years will be a test, but nothing will keep me from loving you or from being by your side. I love you more than you could even know. You are my world.

Honey I want you to know that I received an email this morning. I have to travel to the United States by tomorrow for my payment. There is this job I did last year and haven't been payed fully. My check is now ready for processing. I will come back next week after the payment.

I will also use this opportunity to renew Nicole's documents. Her travel documents needs to be renewed. So I will be going with her. I will leave tomorrow and come back next week Wednesday. Then I will see you over next week end.

I can't wait to be with you, to make sweet love to you.

Nicole your daughter sends her love and regards to mom.

I love you so much,

Hugs, Kisses and romance.

Anderson
Advertisement

#269094 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:07 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners shezi69.

You got him in the first paragraph of your post. Definitely a Nigerian from the way he writes certain things and these romance scams are very much scripted to a formula. He may not be based in Nigeria but, considering he's not highly sophisticated he probably is. I only say that because the less experience he has of Westerners the more likely it is he is using a scripted formula.

Losing parents from cancer is a standard part of the story as is the mixed heritage to explain away his strange accent. Having said that most 419 scammers are barely comprehensible on the phone as I've spoken to a few, so he's not uneducated. You'd be surprised how many are university educated.

It sounds as if he's ready to spring his emergency situation on you, which will either be him being stopped at customs and arrested or getting involved in an accident. In both cases only you can solve his problem by sending him money.

As far as he's concerned, setting you up to be scammed is honest work and you are being dishonest if you don't pay him. It may sound bizarre but that's how their minds work.

Nothing he has said is true and, if you paid him, he'd only come after more money and he's only interested romantically in his wife or girlfriend. He has no morals and you wouldn't like him if you met him.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle