If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#269097 by Michael5672 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:23 pm
Ok so here is a quick verison of what's happening. I set up a Kik account a few months back and used it off and on. I got back on the other night and made probably the dumbest mistake of my life, I ended up sending a picture and now the person I sent it to is blackmailing me from the Philippines. She said she would post my picture on what looked like a facebook page for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, however when I try to find the page she took and sent me a picture of on facebook I can't ever find it. Anyways like I said I completely freaked out and panicked and sent $50 via western union to her I am suppose to send her another $50 next wednesday September 30th then she is suppose to delete the picture but I know she will just keep the picture and hold it over me to try and get more money. I really don't know what to do I deleted all the pictures I sent on our feed although she can still see them. Her KIK username is jachelle_21 and when she messages you it shows up at Come And Get Me .l. With that symbol at the end. My kik account has no information about me personally its a fake name and everything but the pictures are of me. I am trying to figure out how to handle this situation I can report the converstation and block her but I want to know that she will be deactivated so no one else falls prey to this scam. Please help me out with any advice and guidance as far as handling this.My username is: biljonahhName on chat feed: Bill JohnPlease help I there is anything you can doThanks, 
Advertisement

#269101 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:11 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Michael5672.

I cannot make the problem go away but I can give you advice that you probably know yourself deep down. Paying is not a solution as he/she won't let go and will just bleed you for every cent you have and then try to get you to borrow and steal to provide more money.

If he/she has none of your personal details her threats are empty anyway, because they'll never get posted anywhere that would hurt you if the photos are 'indiscrete'. Most mainstream sites are pretty prudish and even if she/he did post them at some obscure site who's going to see them ?

If your account has no value to you I'd just close it down and disappear. Part of the hold the person has over you is the mental pressure they can put you under, when realistically they have no power and, when they see they have no power the'll move on and find the next victim. There is no money to be made from posting the photos if they can't contact you so why should they bother ?

What they're doing is very risky and serious but there's no point in arguing this with them because the more you speak with them, the more power you give them. The trick is to just drop them and disappear. You're fortunate that you appear to be able to do this. Most likely nothing will happen and they're only interested in the photos as long as they can get them money.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#269102 by Michael5672 Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:34 pm
Thanks Terrance for the advice and eally just talking to me. Since I have posted this I have contacted Western Union and explained to them what happened. They gave me a fraud cause number and advisied me to contact my local law enforcement of course she picked it up in the Philippines so not sure what local law could do. Like I said I am suppose to send more money next wednesday which I am not going to do, however I do believe in scarrying the living crap out of people and I am thinking of playing the fraud card andlet her know that their is an investagtion taking place and measures have been taken to have all her information ran and from where she picked up the money order locally. I plan on going off all social media for awhile until this passes by, thanks for the help and advice.
#269103 by HillBilly Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:57 pm
Michael,

in very simple terms, if you gave your scammer ( Likely a HIM, not a her) a control #, then he can pick it up anywhere in the world. It does not have to be in the Philippines, and he doesn't even need to show ID with that #.

The other consideration that many of these wire transfer shops are themselves corrupt, and for a fee they don't see or know anything.

Your best bet is to drop off the face of the earth ( so to speak). Cancel any social accounts ( or de-activate) them for at least 2 weeks. Do not have any contact, do not open emails, view text messages from strangers, answer phone calls from #'s you don't recognize..... just lay low.

Do not confront the scammer in any way, shape or form. It will go away in a week or two. After it realizes you are a hard target to make.

Do report it to your local law enforcement, and you can try the PNP in the Philippines, it won't hurt to try.

#269128 by TerranceBoyce Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:48 am
HillBilly is right. You have a good argument to persuade him that he is wasting his time BUT why bother ? In fact by doing this you are merely telling him that he is in control and that he can get more money out of you.

He's playing a mind game on you and keeping in contact with him is simply telling him that he is winning and that he can get more money out of you. He can't use the photos if he doesn't know your identity or your contacts and no major site is going to allow him to post 'indiscrete' photos. He could only ever post them somewhere that no one would ever see them and there's no money in simple revenge.

The way to stop the nightmare is simply to cut off all contact immediately and not allow him to contact you. The quicker you do that, the sooner it's over.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle