If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#270642 by Hoegenaamd Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:05 pm
I recently placed an ad on OLX South Africa seeking Isuzu wheel arches for a 1996 Isuzu hardbody double cab.

I was phoned by a Mr Ivan Ismael Jacobs Cell: 084-449-4805, ID 7909116223087, of 3 Abraham Greyling Wilgehof Bloemfontein! car registration FJL631 FS, who offered the parts to me for R500 and a courier fee of R190.

I immediately agreed and received his bank account details in order to deposit the money, as this price is a bargain for something so very difficult to find in South Africa.

The following day he contacted me to say that he also had 4 Isuzu mags and brand new tyres, of which he sent me pictures, and asked if I wanted to make an offer. I agreed on the price of R1800 which is also a bargain, and he sounded relieved because he said it was cluttering up his garage.

However, when I insisted that he show me the weighbill number of the original transaction, I received 2 very vague, blurry pictures which did not help me at all.

He then offered to deliver everything personally to me if I could complete a cash payment into his wife's FNB bank account 62560605837, which I agreed to do only if I could receive proof that they had despatched the parts as per the original transaction.

I have as yet received no calls from them, despite me regularly sms and phoning them to respond. I will now take the matter to the SAPD and open a case of theft, based on the man's ID number, which checked out on a SA ID verification phone app.
Advertisement