If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#270834 by hagutie0 Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:46 am
I applied for a positon for data entry on Internships.com. I was contacted by text message to meet someone named Maria Bobs at google hangouts for an interview for Ariba. Just wanted to make you guys aware that there is no job and that this is a scam trying to get people to deposit fraudulent checks into their checking accounts. You are told that the job pays around $30.00 per hour and training is paid for three days at $25.00. They asked me what bank I banked with but I gave them the wrong information. I did however give them my address and phone numbers before I caught on. They send you to a company website to appear to be legitimate but that is not proof that they are affiliated in any way with the site. Maria Bobs does not exist anywhere on the internet. I blocked google hangouts and google voice from these people. They are trying to take advantage of people looking for work. I reported the ad on Internships.com. Just thought you guys should know. Do not under any circumstances accept checks from a company telling you to deposit in your checking account.
Advertisement

#270835 by HillBilly Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 am
thanks for posting this scam job and welcome to scamwarners, hagutie0

please post the Gmail / google hangouts address of this scammer so others can be warned when they do searches for the name.

please read this article to help you spot these types of scams sooner ( as soon as they say interview on an IM program, you can rest assured it is a scam. No real employer interviews through an Instant message program).
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44

also while it seems like the right thing to do is report them on the site, it is actually easier to keep track of the scammers after we know the names / addresses they are using. Once reported they take a few seconds to make up different names / addresses and we don't find them again until someone else becomes a victim or potential victim ( like yourself). the rule of thumb is "if its a free account, do not report it"... on the other hand if it hurts the scammer's pocket by making him pay for his new identity, report it.

see this article for more information about what to report and not to : http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3884