If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#271709 by luvudddmc Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:23 am
I received a friend request on Facebook by a gentleman named Bradley Scott, whom said he was a Ranked Sgt. For the US Army. Started talking on there then exchanged numbers. Had stated that he had 2 daughters and lost his wife through child birth 5 years ago. Then also exchanged emails. Stated was not able to send a present photo due to "protocol" not allowed to have cell phones also stated is deployed in West Africa for peace making. I contacted a local friend due to myself having confusion on everything cause he works for the Army, he was confused as well, and told me to be careful for sounds like a catfish. So with more gut feeling did more research and found this site with a post that was similar to my run in except the name was James Bradley Scott was a son. So I feel this is leading me down the same road.

Info he is using:
Bradley Scott
(843) 593-0053
[email protected]
Also using pictures of another person and daughters
Advertisement

#271737 by HillBilly Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:57 am
There is no doubt you are in contact with a criminal impersonating military personnel.

Please read this article to help you protect yourself. : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Names are basically worthless because they make up new names daily, and probably hourly. It is not unusual for these criminals to have 30 or more "personalities" ( Names / persona's) at the same time.

If you still have some of the first few emails this criminal sent to you please post them along with his email address so others can be warned about him. These first few letters are all scripts they use to draw you in. They only thing that might be personal about them is the "Dear XXX".... Please remove any of your personal information before posting these scripted letters.

Do not tell him you know he is a scammer/criminal, do not stay in contact with him at all anymore. Just sort of "drop off the face of the earth" as far as he is concerned. Block his email address and phone #. He has apparently gotten to your heart strings somehow. You don';t want to fall back into his trap.

(843) 593-0053
Owner's name hiddenfor privacy reasons

Owner is based in Beaufort, SC
VoIP - Bandwidth.com CLEC