If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#275331 by crmp0007 Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:17 pm
Has anyone heard of this?

Respond to a Craigslist personals ad that asks for no email replies, wants you to send pics via text to a number embedded in the ad - and of course one of the photos requested is a dixx pic.

A short time later, get a reply message that says, "I don't know why you sent this shot to my 12 year old daughter but I just picked her up from school and going to the police Mr. Jones*" (not really Mr. Jones but they use your real last name).

Ad is flagged and gone by this time. Haven't heard back from the number. Not going to text them again for sure. Can't find any other similar ads on Craigslist. Can't find that number anywhere else on Craigslist. This happened in Kansas, USA.
Advertisement

#275342 by TerranceBoyce Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:27 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners crmp0007

Yes it's a variation on a blackmail scam that has become popular recently.

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112039

The truth is no female finds the male parts particularly attractive and it's not the first thing she'd want to look at, so any time you get that sort of request, it's part of a blackmail scheme. I think that once you've established a relationship a female may humour you if you want to send her a photo but it hasn't any interest for someone who doesn't know you.

Be very careful because if someone did trick you into sending obscene photos to a minor it could be very difficult to explain, especially with the ad now removed.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle