If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#275636 by sus22222 Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:14 pm
This guy found me on chemistry.com and his profile is still active.

Eventually asked me to submit form for "vocational leave", which required money. It was stunning how professional these emails were and sucked me in. Be aware!!!

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

How are you? I was so pleased to meet you on Chemistry.com and I want to thank you for writing to me and taking the step to know me more. However, I am now taking time out to tell you more about myself and I hope you do too! I'm a new to the online stuff and Haven't really met anyone special till I came across your profile and just couldn't stop myself from trying to get your attention somehow.. This is my first on line experience as I haven't done anything like it before but would like to give it a try. Who knows, we might be the next success story...*smiles* Before I continue, I want you to please understand that communication is much easier for me out here via emails and I too am looing forward to meeting with each other face to face but for we have to at least get to know each other first don't you think? Distance they say make the heart grow fonder.. LOL! I hope that we can both have an open and honest communication with each other as we get to know ourselves.

I'm Major David Bulk, and am a special Ops agent for the CIA(a senior officer) working with the US ARMY presently in Kabul, Afghanistan for peace keeping.. Well I am on a 7 months deployment and I've got another 5 months before the end of my tour out here.

The United States Army Special Forces, known as the Green berets are a special operations force tasked with five primary missions: unconventional warfare (the original and most important mission of Special Forces), foreign internal defense, special reconnaissance, direct action, and counter-terrorism. The first two emphasize language, cultural, and training skills in working with foreign troops. Other duties include combat search and rescue (CSAR), counter-narcotics, counter-proliferation, hostage rescue, humanitarian assistance, information operations, peacekeeping, psychological operations, security assistance, and manhunts; other components of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). Many of our operational techniques are classified.

As special operations units, Special Forces are not necessarily under the command authority of the ground commanders. Instead, SF units may report directly to a geographic combatant command, other command authorities such as the Central Intelligence Agency's (CIA) and more specifically its elite Special Operations Group (SOG) where we have senior superiors referred to as handlers. I know I am boring you with all of this but I just need you to know me more and more about what I do, if I may ask, What do you know about the Military Pretty?

Well, I would describe myself as a laid-back, sensible and young at heart kinda guy.. I have a great sense of humor and my friends and family say I'm charming and very easy to talk to. I am a morning person and enjoy my day to the fullest, focusing on the positives. I am "affectionate and caring" and am not afraid to show it...I am widowed and I do not have any family in the states. My dad was also in the Military,he worked for the Department of Defense in the US and he died after his retirement from a heart attack. I never got to know my mom cause she died giving birth to me. Right now I want to meet someone to share the rest of my life with....I am VERY accommodating to the woman in my life. When you are happy, so am I. I'm not a sports fanatic, and don't follow a team but do enjoy going to a game on occasion (I know...unusual). But I do enjoy fine dining out, dancing (Fast Slow ) ,live bands, (Motown Oldies are my favorites). I work outdoors so I enjoy most outdoor activities.

I give 100% at work and my relationships, and when the weekend comes, I look to spend sometime doing something fun, maybe a drive to the lake, a new winery, or just quality one on one time at home. I'm not a pressure person and know we each have our own friends and family, and I totally respect that. So, wherever we start out is fine with me. Becoming good friends is the best way to develop a more in-depth relationship...... I am a neat dresser, and take care of myself, and so is my home and cars. I am an optimist in life, and very rarely get brought down.....I can make friends easily and adapt to all personalities. I am not needy, not that I don't enjoy being spoiled now and then, who doesn't, and I am a man that provides for my woman in many ways, including protecting her heart, building her up, and showing my appreciation in so many ways. I am dependable, in good health, and know where I stand in life. I have been in the same career job for 25 years and I love it.

I believe that in a true dedicated and loving relationship, "we are equal". Sharing decisions and planning our days. I am not dominant, insecure, or controlling and neither should you be. A good partnership will prosper and grow with me with little effort. What am I seeking in you? I would like to meet someone with COMMON interests, and a complimenting personality who will become my new best friend first, date and then whatever road fate takes us along.........As long as we are happy together :-) I'm learning that you have to "put yourself out there", so here I am. Life's too short to go through it alone.

It's already 4:19 AM out here in Afghanistan and I've been writing this mail for about 50 minutes now so you would know me a whole lot better.. I would be looking forward to reading back from you at your earliest convenience and hopefully learn more about you. Please stay safe and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

warmly,
David
PS I attached a few more pictures of me which I hope you will love. Waiting to hear back! LOL!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#275672 by vonpaso xlura Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:21 pm
Thanks for posting! The writing shows that he is African, and no one outside the military can apply for leave of anyone inside the military. It's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#275674 by sus22222 Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 pm
In deed it is. Thx for your comment. The pic he sent me is all over the internet at other dating sates, national and international. Grateful this site is here. Glad to participate and help others.
#275676 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:36 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you post his pic here. Mark it as stolen.

How to post photo's viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 use scamwarners and mark them as stolen.

Please use paint to blot out children faces.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#275678 by malu53 Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:46 pm
yahoo avatar

stolen from
Dave Zaro
Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Oracle
#275681 by malu53 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:03 pm
with the first pic of previous post
on lavaplace.com

Member5740883
I am a: 62-year-old man
zodiac sign: Virgo Virgo
located in: Chicago, Illinois, United States
looking for: 50 - 70-year-old woman
relationship: Marriage
race: White (Caucasian)
marital status: Widowed
children: 1

General information:
A little about me... Having a Good personality and A Beautiful Smile is a must. Looking for someone who is energetic and not full of drama. I take exercise very seriously. I am Engr John Roberts Washington and i am a widower. I am self employed and i am perfect in Civil Engineering/ Contractor. I am passionate, romantic, honest and a great listener, and not afraid to show my emotions. I enjoy going hunting , fishing , camping , traveling , dancing and am the social type, out going and love to have a healthy conversation, passionate about every part of my life. I have a Son and hes the only family i have. I am a very loving and giving person. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. I am a huge romantic and i love holding hands and taking long walks. I love playing board games. I think its a bit difficult for me to describe myself, I guess the best way to describe myself is that I'm a nice man who is considerate and respectful of other people's feelings. I love to Smile and the Old Fashion way of Romance. I don't smoke cigarette's, don't drink much (beer here and there) don't do drugs. If you want to know more about me, dont hesitate to write me. Thank you for taking your time to read my profile.

Appearance:
Im 6'1 fit tall with a little bit of grey hair on head. The best way to describe my body size is athletic . My best features are my eyes, my smile, my dressing, my look and my stature. I dress up in anything comfortable. I'd prefer casual

Looking for:
I'm looking for a Companion and soul mate, Someone regarding life and all that happens throughout one's life with a Mothers heart and must be drug free Who knows who that could be? Lets get talking, you may just earn yourself a friend who'll treat you like a real woman (QUEEN )... I'm waiting.. lets go.

add. pic

#275688 by sus22222 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:48 pm
Here is the last email I got, confirming to me the scam--I had been previously told there would be $$ required:

On Nov 20, 2015, at 8:57 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi Again Sunshine,

I too am also excited about meeting you and I really can't wait! God is so wonderful and He answers prayers indeed.

Ok, So below is the instructions on how to make the application via email and what you need to say in your letter to the Afghanistan Transit department;

To Whom it may Concern;

I am writing to request that Major David Bulk currently serving in unit: CIA preliminary team of the 10th mountain division and presently deployed in Afghanistan be approved for a voluntary transit in order to visit me in the USA for a period of twelve weeks. Major Bulk has spoken to his superiors about me, and I would be most grateful if this request is granted. I will ensure that your Officer returns to duty at the appropriate time and date issued. Kindly advise me on what I have to do to accomplish this request, as I am very anxious to have him home with me for this brief period.

Sincerely,
YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR CONTACT DETAILS

You will have to send the letter to this email address- [email protected]

Please let me know when you have sent the email off or at least send me a copy of what you sent so I could check to see if you did it right. ha ha!! warm Hugs to you My Sunshine, I can't wait to be with you and hold you in my arms! Again l, I can't believe this will all be coming into a reality and I really am so anxious about meeting you!!! Lol.. xxxx, I want you to always remember that you made the Grade when you entered into my life and I do cherish you with all of my Heart. God bless you my dear. Please take care, I care.

Warmly and With all Joy in my Heart,

David