If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#276304 by Lyoung123 Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:32 pm
I am a married woman. My husband is very ill and does not have much longer time in this world. This man named Walter Konopaki started talking to me and we became friend very fast and after about three weeks were telling each other that we loved each other. He said he is originally from Ireland, but has lived in the United States most of his life. He said he was an engineer and posted pictures of where he works, on an oil rigg. He said he graduated from Stanford and is a widow. His wife had died after his six year old son was born. He said he was away at work in Alaska, but lives in Maryland. After 4 weeks of talking to him, he said the caretaker that was taking care of his son, had an emergency and her mom had died and he was wanting to get in the jewelry selling business. He said he purchased alot of gold bars from Dubia and a delivery man was going to deliver it in Maryland, but his caretaker had to go to her mother's funeral in the Philippines, so there would be no one at his house to recieve the package. My daughter warned me about scammers the day before, so I was really being very careful. I had talked to him on two occasions, but the calls were very brief and were from a private number (red flag). He wanted me to recieve his package. I told him I would, then thought about it and immediately deleted my email account I gave him and also changed changed my phone number and messaged him and told him I was ending the relationship. I told him off and blocked him on my Facebook page. I did a search of his pictures and found them on a German scam site. I will post them in a day or two, as Thanksgiving is tomorrow. .I feel so stupid for falling for this jerk, but they do know how to lure woman into their trap....
Advertisement

#276305 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Also post his fake name, email address and phone numbers.

We will also need a couple of the initial emails he sent you. Remove any of your personal information from them prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#276364 by Lyoung123 Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:08 am
I will give you all that information this weekend. He and I talked most of the day. He still has his page up on Facebook. I am trying very hard to get over the emotional percussions. My husband is 20 years older than me and I'm having to work and care for him. He had a stroke and a heart attack 4 weeks ago and needs all day care. He is also on oxygen because he has COPD.So life has been really hard on me... These scammers really play with your mind and heart ..saying all The right words. Does anyone know know what was going to be in the package I was supposed to recieve for him? I just would like to know, so I can learn more about these scams.
#276365 by AlanJones Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:21 am
There is no package, he would have told you that it was on the way and given you the details of the "courier" (which would have been him using another email and possibly a fake website. You would then have recieved a mail from the fake courier telling you that there were some fees that needed to be paid. If you had paid then there would have been more delays and problems each requiring further fees that you needed to pay.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#276485 by Lyoung123 Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:27 am
HELLO GOOD DAY TO YOU xxxxxx, ITS SUCH A BLESSED DAY FOR ME TO COME ACROSS YOUR PAGE, AM WALTER AND I WAS GOING THROUGH JOEL OSTEN PAGE, WHEN I CAME ACROSS YOUR PAGE AND I COULD NOT PASS WITHOUT SAYING HELLO TO A PRETTY LADY LIKE YOU, YOUR MOM MUST BE SO BEAUTIFUL TO HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO A PRETTY LADY LIKE YOU. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FAIR CHANCE OF GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER. HAVE A LOVELY AND BLESS DAY. WALTER.

His email address is [email protected]

I will download pictures later
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
#276510 by vonpaso xlura Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:02 pm
His writing shows that Walter is a sub-Saharan African, not Irish, and it's pretty dubious that he's ever been in Dubia. We look forward to the pictures (please fakemark them).

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10