If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#280588 by sleuthingascam Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:57 pm
I work for a website and noticed some super spammy stuff so I decided to investigate. The request is for cleaning services where there is an advance payment and requested deposit to a third party account. The name used is Nataniel Wayne and email is [email protected]
I've seen a few used IP Addresses:

"My name is Nathaniel Wayne and my wife's name is Maria Wayne, we are relocating to your town and will be coming there to work on contract basis with Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work. I will be renting an apartment in your area, so I need someone who could help in cleaning my apartment three times per week.And this will be at your free time because this is a PART TIME JOB. I will be offering you $35 Per HR, and will be needing your services for three hours, any suitable time of yours three times in a week. Probably Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays or Sundays.I hope 3 hours is enough to clean a 3 bedroom house with one master bedroom and two standard size rooms, with One Living room and a kitchen as well. So if you are capable of doing this, get back to me as soon as possible."

I replied to receive this:

Thanks so much for your quick response, I believe you are fit for this position in as much as you will prove yourself to be a reliable and hard working person. We are planning to arrive in two weeks. Immediately we arrive, we will call you up for the cleaning of the apartment. I want to know if there's any equipment that you will need me to provide, let me know how much it will cost. I will be spending about a year or two for the contract job, so I will be needing your services for that period of time. So my affiliated company will be handling the payment and some other expenses for my first month in the city to help me settle down...
Kindly be informed that you would be getting an upfront payment for the first 1 week of your working period before I start caring for the bills myself. After my apartment is settled in your town, a certified bank check would be issued to you as soon as possible, also I wouldn't want you to be surprised to have some excess fund on the Check that will be mailed to you because I will need your assistant by helping me to send the remaining excess funds that will be on the check to the property manager who will be responsible for the moving of my furniture to the newly rented apartment before our arrival in the state. All you need to do upon the receipt of the payment is to deduct your own charges for 1 week which is $500 and this also includes $100 for cleaning Supplies and for your running around fee, then wire the rest to the agent who will be in charge of the furniture and fittings of my new apartment. I hope I can trust you and count on you on the payment.
If so Kindly send the following details to get your paycheck processed...

Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone: Home and cell:
Do you accept my offer?
All I need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be able to concentrate on the work, You will also have a nice period of working with us. I will be waiting to hear from you soon.

Regards

I sent some fake info and received the following:

Hello ,

I got your name and address.So be rest assured that the check will be sent out to you through courier and i will let you know when exactly it will deliver to you.One last important thing to note.I want you to know that it very important to make sure that all payment arrangements are met as at when due by all parties involved.In view of all this i discussed with my accountant and we have reached a conclusion that the payment should be issued to you in your name to save time and cost. I will let you no soon as the check is sent out.All you will have to do is to receive the check,remove your own amount as agreed and send the rest to the property manager who will be responsible for the moving of my furniture to the newly rented apartment before our arrival in the state via Money Gram.I want a reassurance from you that you can handle this for me and also that the payment issued to you will be taken care of promptly as agreed.I will contact you via text soon to give you more update about the check payment..

I hope to hear from you soonest.

All seem legit huh? LOL! Hope the share saves someone from these scammers.
Advertisement

#280593 by HillBilly Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:31 pm
sleuthingascam wrote: Kindly be informed that you would be getting an upfront payment for the first 1 week of your working period before I start caring for the bills myself. After my apartment is settled in your town, a certified bank check would be issued to you as soon as possible, also I wouldn't want you to be surprised to have some excess fund on the Check that will be mailed to you because I will need your assistant by helping me to send the remaining excess funds that will be on the check to the property manager who will be responsible for the moving of my furniture to the newly rented apartment before our arrival in the state. All you need to do upon the receipt of the payment is to deduct your own charges for 1 week which is $500 and this also includes $100 for cleaning Supplies and for your running around fee, then wire the rest to the agent who will be in charge of the furniture and fittings of my new apartment. I hope I can trust you and count on you on the payment.

If so Kindly send the following details to get your paycheck processed...

..... I will let you no soon as the check is sent out.All you will have to do is to receive the check,remove your own amount as agreed and send the rest to the property manager who will be responsible for the moving of my furniture to the newly rented apartment before our arrival in the state via Money Gram.

Thanks for posting, sleuthingascam. You do realize this is a fake check fraud, right? I thought so. :=)

If you gave your real information, and actually do get a check delivered by USPS, you should take it to the US Postal Inspector's office. You can find your closest one here : https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm

If it is sent by another private courier notify their fraud department, but whatever you do, do not attempt to cash or deposit the check. It can wind you up in jail.

anytime someone asks you to cash a check for them, then wire the money it is a fraud. If it were legit, they would pay you nothing more than what they owed, and that is highly unlikely in the form of advanced pay.

edit to add this http://www.fakechecks.org/preventionOverpayments.html please read and watch

#280629 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am
The writing is African, and the scammer says he's moving to your town, then asks what city and state you're in, which is illogical. Real businesses do not ask for payment by MoneyGram.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#280914 by sleuthingascam Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 pm
Yes, I realized this was a scam from the first request I saw. Thanks for being here as a reporting outlet. I hope my posting helps some to avoid being scammed by this creep. :evil:

Thanks!