If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#281581 by Dulcinea Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:43 pm
Shane Brandauer contacted me on March 23, 2014 on Badoo. We had nice conversations that were continued on Facebook from April 9th. There wasn't a lot to see and read on his page: a link to his company, two pictures, no friends, some things he liked: books, music, films. He only used it to chat (with me).

He told me that he was an American engeener who owned of a small construction company in Chicago (USA). He staid in South-Africa to build the basement of an oil platform near Port-Elisabeth, as a subcontractor for a Chinese company.

Little by little he gain my confidence and I became very fond of him. He was funny, charming and serious. We had long chats, every day.

Shane wanted to invest in a house in Europe, and it seemed a good idea do this is Belgium, where I live. He decided to deposit the yield from his previous job on my account so I could look for a house. It should have a lot of rooms and space and a swimming pool was also a must. I had mixed feelings about it, wished he would do this on his own account. He asked if he could trust me. I had to check if my bank was able to receive a large amount from abroad . He wanted my bank details so he could do a transfer. From then on I felt some doubts. I asked a policeman from my acquaintances if this information could be abused, but he reassured me. I felt very thankfully that finally Shane left the idea of buying a house.

Some day he didn't come online at the appointed time. Afterwards hHe told me that in the dark and without his glasses, he stumbled against a sharp object and he was hurt. I could hear on the phone, he was in pain. And I was worried.

A few days later he was robbed and beated when he drove home from his work. That evening we had a phone conversation when he was still on his job and he said we would continue by chat when he came home. But he didn't. Next day I heard that they took his ID card, watch, mobile phone, documents, wallet and briefcase. He was extremely worried about the lost contracts. He needed 400€ in order to pay the police to do research, if not, they wouldn't undertake action. I didn't want to do, but he begged and was desesperate and finally I sent him on 17th of April that money. Obviously this was not enough, he also had to pay his hotel and needed a new mobile phone, and therefore he needed 900€. He could not convince me immediately, but his complaint that I was able to help him and I didn't , meant that I could not love him. So on 22nd of April I sent him 900€.

To my surprise and happiness the problem was solved soon, he recovered everything except his cell phone. He forgave the thieves, because it was better to return good for evel, which for me was a very nobel attitude.

After a week, a bigger problem popped up. Taxes had to be paid before he could collect his check. Those fees should be paid to a company in Hong Kong. Since he was only a subcontractor, it was that company that would transfer his fees to the South African Government. At first he negociated if those fees could be paid after he got his check. But this was not possible. He had to pay a hugh amount, $375.000, 15% of the prospected income. A large part of it he could get through acquaintances in the United States, like his lawyer, but he still needed 90.000€.
He had to insist a long time to conquer my resistance, he promised that he needed the money only for a while and that he would pay me immediately because within one week he would be in Belgium, long before the moment I would have to start to pay back the loan.

So, I took the loan and on May 8th I made a transfer of 40.000€ to a company in Hong Kong . Something went wrong, there was a delay so Shane asked me to call back the money. He would give me another account number that was more safe. I called my bank, the transmission bank and also the bank in Hong Kong. I paid fees to my bank to do the call back. A transaction from Belgium to Hong Kong could only be made by a intermediary bank. In Hong Kong they answered me friendly, but they didn't tell me anything: not that the money was transferred succesfully, not that that the money was touched by the recipient, because they wanted to protect their client.

This meant a delay for the payment of Shanes check. Before it was clear that the money was at the right destination, Shane confessed he didn't have enough funds to pay the fees. I cleaned my savings account and sent him another 4000€...

Hotel bills had to be paid, which resulted in sending another 200€ and another 300€ extra.
When the moment was there he could touch the check, he had to pay 100.000 Rand for a document that proved that there were no drugs or acts of terrorism sponsored by this money.

On June 16th, we sent over 3.800€, 3.200€ from my daughter and the last 600€ of my saving book.
The situation was hopeless. When I stopped to send money, I would never get back my money. That was my feeling.

At the end Shane got his check! He was so happy. I was so happy and releaved! But then he had to pay another tax: a labor tax of $2.000. My sister helped me with 1500€, but I had to give it back within a week.

This was not the end of the story. At the moment he would take the plane, Shane discovered that the friend who would deliver the ticket, only made the reservation. He needed another 1.800€ and after some hesitation, my daughter provided me of that amount that she took from her saving book...

A noose around my neck...

.... I continue tomorrow...
Advertisement

#281585 by Terminator5 Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 am
Sorry to hear you were scammed . If you can post or message any details as far as websites , email addresses or phone numbers it would help warn other potential victims .

Thanks for posting to Scamwarners

Daniel 8 :25
#281611 by Dulcinea Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am
I got a message that he was on his way to take the plane... and then silence... It was june 28, 2014;

I couldn't contact him anymore so I searched persons who knew him. Although his friendslist was not shown on Facebook, I found links to some "friends": women all over the world, no men. I contacted them and I learned that he asked them money too, but they didn't give him. I warned the other women to be cautious because possibly Shane was a scammer.

To my surprise he texted me that he was in jail, because they found cocaine in his luggage. He asked me to call his lawyer in USA (Gonzalez +1 904 385 8800) what I did.

I went to the police on 2nd of July 2014 and in March 2015 I got the message that after police investigation it was not possibly to identify the perpetrators.

In the meantime I found out that he was in reality a young black man, living in Johannesburg...
#281617 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:20 am
If you post the earliest messages he sent, that would help others avoid being scammed. The first few messages a scammer sends are script and are sent to lots of people.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#281622 by Dulcinea Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:31 am
I do not know how to insert pictures (I guess I have to upload them somewhere), but I have a lot of photos of his white identity as Shane Brandauer as well of the real black person Shane Okoh (probably a fake name)

His phone numbers are still active:
+27 81 323 2017
+27 73 621 3187
+27 81 748 3010 (the first number, until the day he was robbed)

Other numbers I had to call:
“hotel” 19/04/2014: +27 84 295 4860
“workers Phone” 22/04/2014 : +27 74 810 6219

His license plates:
CY 12 CB GP (black Mercedes)
CT 90 TS GP (light gray)

Tattoos on both upper arms: "The Lord is my shepard...."
His little nephew is Bryan Itulua

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/shane.brandaue ... ts&fref=ts (page doesn't exist anymore)

Link to his company:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SMB-Cons ... 4080933223

Chicago
http://www.smbconstruct.us/profile.html
Contact info:
4113 West 16th Street, Chicago Illinois.
Tel : (+1) 630 - 474 - 2161
Email : [email protected]

Shane on Badoo:
http://badoo.com/01263836750/ (doesn't exist anymore after I told him that Badoo located him somewhere in Norway)

Links on VK
http://vk.com/shanebran

Linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/shane-m-br ... 84/931/920

Mail:
[email protected] (He asked me to write mails, but he refused to mail back. It made me suspicious, and he was angry when I mentioned it)

The transfer of 40.000€ I did on May 8, 2014
Bank Name: Citic Bank International Hong Kong Ltd
Address: Shop 4 Lippo Center, 89
Queensway
Hong Kong
Acc No: 735 181 835 501
Acc Name: Yinghai Enterprises Ltd
Address: No 27 Market Street
Queensway
Hong Kong
Swift Code: KWHKHKHHXXX

Persons to whom I sent money via Western Union or Moneygram:
17/04/2014 NOMAKHOSI MEHLOMAKULU
22/04/2014 ZANELE NKANYANE
14/05/2014 ANTHONY UKWUEKA
25/05/2014 ANTHONY UKWUEKA
05/06/2014 ANTHONY UKWUEKA
16/06/2014 NGARA FORECAST
23/06/2014 NGARA FORECAST
27/06/2014 NGARA FORECAST

Persons ("friends") I contacted and from whom I learned Shane was a scammer:
https://www.facebook.com/Munisa.NeethlingAdams
https://www.facebook.com/zeenath.hoosman
https://www.facebook.com/nijole.rimidiene
https://www.facebook.com/joan.pelico
https://www.facebook.com/jolanta.geciene

With this number +27 73 621 3187 he is in contact with potential victims. Via WhatsApp I saw pictures of the fake Shane Brandauer or a picture of a woman ("An Angel that spinns my world")
Please be cautious with this number +27 81 323 2017, because this is the only active link I have now, and I do not want to loose it.
#281625 by Dulcinea Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:40 am
This was his first message on Badoo:
"Shane — zondag, 23 maart 2014 08:34
What a beauty? I love your smile Dulcinea. How often do you smile in a day? You must have no idea how many hearts have been amended by just seeing this blessing in your smile. Oh, Dulcinea... Please give me a chance I would love to be that man you are looking for thanks. Do write back!
Shane — zondag, 23 maart 2014 09:27
You read my mail and no response... Please can I ask why???
Dulcinea — zondag, 23 maart 2014 09:56
Hello Shane, I'm at my work until 14.00h... this was the reason for not replying.
Shane — zondag, 23 maart 2014 09:59
Ok.... So what time is it there now... God, you are so beautiful Dulcinea."

His profile on Badoo:
About myself
In one sentence.... I am an old fashioned type of man with so much love to give. I believe action speaks louder than a million words. If you want to know more about me.... My actions will tell you. Are you smiling? If not you are not the one I am looking for!

Interests:
I am interested in meeting a woman who understands the true meaning of loving a man unconditionally. A woman who is trustworthy, a good listener, business oriented, smart, intelligent, caring, a helpless romantic and overall extremely loving.
#281634 by HillBilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:12 am
welcome, Dulcinea . Sorry to hear you've been scammed.

Things like the emails he sent to you, the "From" and "Reply to" email address(es) he used are much more important to us in order to prevent other potential victims from becoming victims.

Please post the actual emails he sent to you, removing your personal information before you post them. like the others have asked you to do. After rereading your post, you say he never wrote you an email?? ( truthfully they are copy/pasted, never written). They just might fill in a name on occasion. Most of the time just using honey, babe, etc instead of real names so they don't ever have to remember which of their victims they are writing to at the minute.

See the bottom of my post for instructions on how to post photos in the forum here. Be sure to blur any minor's faces. Don't post photos of automobiles or license plates, they are just as fake as everything else he has told you.

Information on phone number range +27 81XXX(XXXXXXX)
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination South Africa
City or exchange location
Original network provider* 8ta (Telkom)
*) Number portability has not been taken into account

(630) 474-2161 / 6304742161
Owner's name hidden for privacy reasons
Owner is based in Glen Ellyn, IL
VoIP - Pinger

#281635 by Dulcinea Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:44 am
He never sent me an e-mail. We had conversation by phone and by chat via Badoo and Facebook, at the time I know him as the white american. When I dedected he was a black young man, living in Johannesburg we also had videochat via Facebook.
I got the licence plates for his car by the pictures he posted at WhatsApp, so I believe they are not fake. Always the same car with him. He didn't know I could see this on WhatsApp on my daughter's phone. I saved those profile pictures, during many months.
The only mail I received, was a greeting card for my birthday from ©123Greetings.com : This ecard was printed from http://www.123greetings.com/birthday/fr ... thday.html
(ecard sent by [email protected])
#281637 by HillBilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:09 pm
we aren't here to decide what is fake or not. we exist to hopefully prevent potential victims from becoming victims. That is the sole purpose of Scamwarners.

If you believe they are indeed his real pictures, still mark them "Used by scammer" prior to posting them in the forum.

You did a great thing by giving out as much information as possible in your other posts. Hopefully any potential victim can find it using a search engine now.

Thank you.

#281659 by Mike Wilson Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:35 pm
^^ Images need to posted on a public service before they will display here. ie they cannot be behind a login.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#281662 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 pm
Go here>> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Use scamwarners.

Mark the photo's as stolen.

If you know for a fact the photo of African male is a scammer you can mark it "Scammer"

Blot out any children faces or do not post them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/