If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#281970 by Kevin207 Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:57 am
A person posing as a 50 year old guy approached me on a dating site and started to romance me. I immediately checked out his name in an online resource I use and came up empty. When I asked him why he indicated that he was on a special mission and had his information blocked by the military. This sent up a red flag for me, but I continued to converse ( hey, it is nice to be romanced), Over a day, he expressed dreams of us being together.

At one point he informed me that an explosion had gone off, raising concern over his safety in such a dangerous place. He had already shared that they had lost 6 guys. the nest day he went missing for the entire day, then returned to tell me of an ambush in which Greg was abducted. He indicated that he had to go with the S&R party to search for Greg. When he returned, it was not good news. He expressed stress over the continued losses and said he wished he were with me. He soon came up with an option available for him to return to the states on family leave. When he sent me the paperwork, t indicated a fee was needed for processing. Also, the paperwork was very simplistic and he indicated that it could be processed and he home with me within 3 days.

Anyone who has any clue knows that the government does not have simplistic paperwork, doesn't charge fees for leave requests, wouldn't accept a request from an unrelated person, and certainly cannot get ANYTHING done in a 3 day period. :laugh-s:

His profile:
http://www .gay.com/view-profile/569b30038c172a0dcaf04f56

Disable link to prevent clicking. - My security software gave mea warning for the above site Mike W
Last edited by Kevin207 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#281971 by HillBilly Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:03 am
Thanks for posting, Kevin, and welcome to scamwarners. Please post the email address(es) he used, along with the first email or two he sent to you. The first few emails are typically complete scripts they just copy and paste.
Remove any of your personal information from the emails prior to posting them.

Often they use 2 email addresses. One "From" and the other "Reply to". so click the "reply" button to see if they are the same or different addresses.

Glad you saw through the scam, and did not get sucked into the drama :=)

Edit to add:

if you want to post the pics he sent, follow the instructions at the link at the bottom of my post. Mark them "Used by scammer" or similar before posting. If there are children in the pics, blur their faces out. family friendly guidelines for pics here :)