If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#282072 by cgsos Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to share my experience.

I'm responsible for the sale of several properties in Spain, therefor I post ads in real state portals. Recently I received a communication from a man who says his name is Mathew Murhaf.

Apparently the story has been around under different names. This is the text:

"Hello
I thank you for your response to my mail , i contacted you primarily in confidence hoping that you are a trustworthy person and would also be helpful in a matter like this. I want you to help me so much in terms of investing my fund when i come over to Europe and also paying for your property.
My name is Dr Mathew Murhaf a Medical Doctor by profession and a member of the Red Cross working to save life in my country Syria. I am writing to you to know that we are virtually in a state of civil war because President Bashar Al-Assad, who inherited harsh dictatorship from his father, refused to embrace peace and hit reform in our country.

I contacted you because of the sanctions imposed by the United Nation and the European Union, which prevent us from securing our financial transaction here. In the order hand i have 7.2million dollars which i got from selling of our family oil fields and properties.

If we come to a concrete agreement i will send the money to you for safe keeping then will later relocate to Europe where i will stay permanently. I will have a good financial base to start over life again because nobody knows when this war will end and i can't stay in this country again after the wicked government of Assad killed my father and my family including my wife and child. This is why i sold all my properties and oil well knowing that as a Christian my life is at danger. Secondly i know it was because of my relationship with the Red Cross that made this wicked government to attack my family through chemical weapon. I am only alive today is because i was on duty and not in the house when the government force attacked our family house. The pains of losing my family is still in my heart and i can't live here any more

Please if you are interested in this transaction i will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully because my life is at risk here. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why i went to a secured property site where i can be sure that the person is real and I believe i can trust you.

Where i am now we can only communicate through the Red Cross communication facilities which only permit me to sending E mails and be rest assured that our safety is grantee. If you are ready in this transaction i will send you all the details you need to know now i have my chances to send the money out of Syria to Europe with help of a Red Cross jet that bring relief materials and work for humanitarian services from Europe.

I wait for your fast response so we can go on. In less than 5 days the money should have been noted on your care then i will give you further details upon hearing from you. You will take 20% of the fund for your help after i must have paid for your property and you keep 80% of fund to me . I hope i am been fair on this deal.

Best Regards,
Dr Mathew Murhaf"

The email adress is [email protected]

The email data details:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.1 (2010-03-16) on coas1.acens.net
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.4 required=5.0 tests=FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT,
FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,LOTS_OF_MONEY,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,T_MONEY_PERCENT,
URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=ham version=3.3.1
X-Original-To:[email protected]
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: from SNT004-OMC1S10.hotmail.com (snt004-omc1s10.hotmail.com [65.55.90.21])
by coas1.acens.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id DCF3D21002
for <[email protected]>; Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:57:29 +0100 (CET)
Received: from SNT152-W3 ([65.55.90.8]) by SNT004-OMC1S10.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:57:26 -0800
X-TMN: [kbk1/SpcXZjOhNTBxwo21Ud/xmOOioIqwPsr5hm9uDc=]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_66a785fe-5c72-4cb5-934d-8ca030788632_"
To: =?Windows-1252?B?QXJxdG8uIENhcmxvcyBH821leg==?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Hello
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 01:57:26 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <8F5A14148B9F4FC8AF67FDCF7F39D38C@LenovoPC>
References: <8F5A14148B9F4FC8AF67FDCF7F39D38C@LenovoPC>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 21 Jan 2016 01:57:26.0388 (UTC) FILETIME=[13BCBB40:01D153EF]
Advertisement

#282102 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:22 pm
Thanks for posting! The email has clear indications of being written by someone from sub-Saharan Africa. He is not Syrian; he is a scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#291166 by Twinity13! Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:33 am
I have got this Mail, too. I asked for identity and he even send me a picture of his passport. I dont know, how to get it in here.

Mathew Murhaf <[email protected]>

Hello xxxxxxxx,
I thank you for your response to my mail , i contacted you primarily in confidence hoping that you are a trustworthy person and would also be helpful in a matter like this. I want you to help me so much in terms of investing my fund when i come over to Europe and also paying for your property.
My name is Dr Mathew Murhaf a Medical Doctor by profession and a member of the Red Cross working to save life in my country Syria. I am writing to you to know that we are virtually in a state of civil war because President Bashar Al-Assad, who inherited harsh dictatorship from his father, refused to embrace peace and hit reform in our country.

I contacted you because of the sanctions imposed by the United Nation and the European Union, which prevent us from securing our financial transaction here. In the order hand i have 7.2million dollars which i got from selling of our family oil fields and properties.

If we come to a concrete agreement i will send the money to you for safe keeping then will later relocate to Europe where i will stay permanently. I will have a good financial base to start over life again because nobody knows when this war will end and i can't stay in this country again after the wicked government of Assad killed my father and my family including my wife and child. This is why i sold all my properties and oil well knowing that as a Christian my life is at danger. Secondly i know it was because of my relationship with the Red Cross that made this wicked government to attack my family through chemical weapon. I am only alive today is because i was on duty and not in the house when the government force attacked our family house. The pains of losing my family is still in my heart and i can't live here any more

Please if you are interested in this transaction i will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully because my life is at risk here. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why i went to a secured property site where i can be sure that the person is real and I believe i can trust you.

Where i am now we can only communicate through the Red Cross communication facilities which only permit me to sending E mails and be rest assured that our safety is grantee. If you are ready in this transaction i will send you all the details you need to know now i have my chances to send the money out of Syria to Europe with help of a Red Cross jet that bring relief materials and work for humanitarian services from Europe.

I wait for your fast response so we can go on. In less than 5 days the money should have been noted on your care then i will give you further details upon hearing from you. You will take 20% of the fund for your help after i must have paid for your property and you keep 80% of fund to me . I hope i am been fair on this deal.

Best Regards,
Dr Mathew Murhaf
#291168 by Tim Atem Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:37 am
Thank you for posting. The passport he sent you is faked. You're welcome to upload it and post it here, but be sure to mark it as fake. This topic explains how to do that:

How to post photos: https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... =28&t=3219

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5