If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#282245 by Mystree Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm
I did search Execs and all of the information when all of this first began; but now I feel uncertain as to whether or not I've gotten myself into something. It all started with a new friend - someone I don't know terribly well. His inheritance was stored in the UK; but the company went bankrupt and required either someone to show up to claim the security box, or someone to whom it could be shipped. He asked if I would mind if it was shipped to my house as he was leaving shortly for a business trip. I said ok. First, I was invoiced for a Non-Inspection Certificate Application form. Then I was invoiced for Export Inspection & Certification (EIC). Now (see e-mail below), they have invoiced me for a Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist clearance form. Help!

"This e-mail is to inform you that your consignment Customs clearance could not be completed due to unforeseen development. In the process to complete your consignment clearance for release approval, it was scanned through the Customs screening machine which detected that your consignment contains 50kg of gold bars.

In regard to this, the Customs Service stated that it is not right and legal to bring in large value of gold bars without an approved document to proof that the gold bars is not being smuggled into the country or associated with financing of terrorism activities.

Therefore, in accordance with the "PATRIOT ACT" (International Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing Act of 2001) as regulated by the FinCEN and U.S. Treasury as 31 C.F.R. 103.137, it is mandated that the Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist clearance certificate must be procured from the shipping origin country (United Kingdom), to legally proof that the gold bars detected in your consignment is not being smuggled into the country or associated with financing of terrorism activities.. Due to its urgency, I have contacted the relevant authority/office to inquire on the process to procure the Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist clearance certificate.

See attached file for Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist clearance form, kindly complete the form and return to me via e-mail as soon as possible for quick attention.

Regards,
Gary Bowen
EXECS FREIGHT SERVICES LTD
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +44 704 576 8210
Fax: +44 843 559 2065"
Advertisement

#282247 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:25 pm
It is a scam.

The scammer is playing all roles.

Stop all contact with the scammer.

There is no package. The scammer is stealing your money with fake fees and documents.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#282273 by HillBilly Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:17 pm
any time you see a # starting with 4470 it is a scam, period. They are #'s that forward to anywhere in the world, and whoever dials the # not only pays for the call to the UK ( country code 44), but also the fee to forward the # to wherever it may go anywhere in the world.

See this article for other #'s that are definite scams, and highly suspect. : http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... s-are.html