If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#285114 by larue Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:59 pm
I filed a complaint with the IC3. Anything else that I should do? They have a copy of my driver's license and utility bill.
Advertisement

#285117 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm
In most cases the scammer ask for these documents to make his scam seem real.

You can set up google alerts with your name and address. Just search "google alerts"

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#285120 by larue Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:16 pm
Okay, will do. Thanks for all of your help.
#285128 by Eon Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm
I lost money to these scums pretending to be Kavitha Manley. I hope they get them someday. I didn't see the warning signs till it was too late. Learned my lesson the hard way.
#299908 by blue_persuasion Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 pm
Wow, am I ever glad I did a search on this place!! I had an online "interview" today that just felt... odd. Nothing specific, and the most personal thing they asked me was what bank I bank with to see if they are compatible for direct deposit -- which in itself is odd, because who can't do direct deposit with certain banks??

The whole thing started with a text to my phone saying they got my application and someone from HR would be getting hold of me. Then today at 6:00 p.m. I simply get another text with a confirmation number saying that Paul Cocja would be waiting for me and to go onto Hangouts to interview. But when I checked the guy out after the hinky feeling and interview, he really is the vice president of HR for Celgene. But after what I've read here, I'm certain that's not who I was talking to. Unless, of course, they're making up Linkedin accounts to match the "interviewer."

The job posting didn't mention it was work-from-home, but during this interview, it came out that it was. How on earth is an administrative assistant job a work-from-home?? Something just didn't ring true. At the end of the interview, the guy said I passed the first phase and he would be forwarding my resume and results of the Q&A to their board members and that he wanted me to report back to Hangouts at 9:00 sharp. Board members?? For an ADMIN job? I asked for further detail about the job that goes beyond the job description. He wouldn't answer me and simply said I would have my questions answered tomorrow.

Needless to say, there will be no 9:00 a.m. interview tomorrow -- unless, of course, I feel like having some fun.
#299909 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the text phone numbers and email addresses used.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#299911 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:58 pm
The phone number 507-299-7708 is VoIp. This number can call/receive/text anywhere in the world with internet access.

(507) 299-7708
5072997708 is a VoIP number provided by Enflick

#299936 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:36 am
Needless to say, there will be no 9:00 a.m. interview tomorrow -- unless, of course, I feel like having some fun

Its really not a good idea to play games with someone who has your details . Just ignore them . Move on and be glad you were warned

Daniel 8 :25
#299967 by blue_persuasion Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 am
Yeah, I decided last night to let it go.

I have to wonder -- does anyone know if Celgene knows they are being used for this? I'm not sure if anyone here knows, but I have to wonder who can do something about this.

Color me naive, but I guess I never realized what kind of jerks are out there to go to this extreme to scam people.
#299973 by HillBilly Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 am
blue_persuasion wrote:Yeah, I decided last night to let it go.

I have to wonder -- does anyone know if Celgene knows they are being used for this? I'm not sure if anyone here knows, but I have to wonder who can do something about this.

Color me naive, but I guess I never realized what kind of jerks are out there to go to this extreme to scam people.

Only the people @ Celgene would know for sure if they are being abused. However it is safe to assume they have no knowledge they are being victimized. Either way there are pros and cons.

That assumption gives us a few rules to follow. #1, it is not our job to tell a victim they are being victimized. Doing so may have very serious unintended consequence ( such as they accuse you of being the criminal, or worse).

# 2 if you wildly think for some reason it is your duty to report the crime to someone being victimized, remember you are not law enforcement, nor a close friend, nor a relative ( you see where I am going??). Report the crime to your local law enforcement (LE), and if known the local LE of the victim. It is LE's job to investigate, find answers, and make decisions from there. Consider this, IF they are involved, and you were the one to tip them off that you knew so and/or were going to contact LE. Then they would change names / characters immediately and be on the watch for LE investigating them.

#3 Consider the larger picture. Chances are good you found this thread because of keywords, #'s, or something similar in an internet search. If the criminals change their style then the warning is useless ( until another criminal tries the same thing).