If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#283666 by LBell Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:19 am
BEWARE!! They have profiles on OKC & they use photos of military personnel in uniform.
Their profiles have very little information & they answer very few on the questions on the site as well.
Their stories are VERY similar, i.e., their parents are dead or dying, they're widowers or recently broken hearted, they are on the last months of a foreign deployment or military assignment, they have no siblings, they may or may not have a child, they shower you with TONS of attention & compliments, ANDthey fall in love with you
VERY quickly...TOO quickly.
They want "calling cards" or something involving $$ and they send you to what appears to be legimate looking websites to make these transactions.
If you press them for information or question them, they act defensive & hurt.
DON'T BUY IT!!!
Advertisement

#283691 by vonpaso xlura Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 am
Please post their email addresses, emails, URLs of their profiles, and URLs of the websites they send you to.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283692 by HillBilly Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 am
hi and welcome to scamwarners, LBell. You seem to have the "stories" ( aka lies) down to a science however just a few corrections need to be made.

1) they are everywhere, on all dating / social networking sites, not just OKC. ( there seems to more on the free sites than the paid ones, but the paid sites still have large ratio of scammers to real people).

2) they want anything. It may start with calling cards and other small, seemingly inconsequential items, but they have stolen cars and large sums of money from people. They do not care who they hurt, or how much it hurts ( financially or otherwise).

Please read this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527 and other stickies and topics in the romance scam forum to learn more about these types of scams, and how to avoid them.

#283715 by HillBilly Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm
one? meaning to say there have been multiple? Please post the email address(es), and the first email or 2 they sent you, removing any of your personal information first.

It is highly unlikely you will have anything to worry about. Unless packages start showing up at your door and asking you to forward them or re package them somewhere else... or if a check arrives and they ask you to cash it and send money via wire transfer to XXX @ YYY location.... If anything like this happens and it was sent via USPS, contact your local USP Inspector's office. You can find your closest one here : https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm again, it is highly unlikely any of this will happen.

But please just stop all contact with the scammer(s). Do not tell him/them you know they are scammers. Do not tell them they are posted here. Just sort of fall off the face of the earth.

#283731 by LBell Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:05 pm
Multiple guys have contacted me. However, only ONE...the first one...managed to fool me long enough to get my work address so he could send me flowers. I'll not worry & if I get packages (like you said), I'll notify the USPS.
Oops...I'm afraid I already called him a scammer. I called another guy on OKC a Scammer too. I also notified OKC.

2 e-mails are:
[email protected]
[email protected]

A phone # is:
585-633-8684

A website is:
[email protected]
#283741 by vonpaso xlura Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 pm
[email protected] is an email address, not a website. It looks like the address a scammer uses when pretending to be a leave office. Only the soldier himself can apply for his leave; someone outside the military cannot.

[email protected] and [email protected] are email addresses. Please post the emails sent from those addresses or containing those addresses. Especially post the first few, which are script, and the request to contact the fake leave office.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283783 by HillBilly Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:18 am
(585) 633-8684
Owner's name hidden for privacy reasons

Owner is based in Rochester, NY
VoIP - Google Voice

#284743 by caligirl350 Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 pm
I think it is pathetic what they do. My scammer used a mans military photo. I found that the idiot has an active facebook account. Unfortunately, he drug more than 1 woman into sending him money. The other woman is going to take the fall for him. I wish these guys would get caught :evil: