If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#283917 by lisak Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:37 pm
recently got friendly with a guy on Badoo dating site were we exchanged whatsapp messages since late november last year.his name is SERGEANT HARRY KLEIN DEPLOYED IN NIGERIA ON PEACEKEEPING MISSION. sine then i have been asked for £30 GBP towards internet connection as it was down in his camp- wich i paid via western union. then over time i was asked to pay for leave papers as he wishes to permanently leave the army an terminate his contract wich is currently still running. army apparantly granted his leave wich i received emails from [email protected] and was asked to pay the sum of £240 for him to buy out his contract. after doing this again through western union i received 10 photos of him with other comrades, with his daughter who lives with his sister in the us, personal pics of him wich prove it is him and a photo if his army i.d card. i am now being asked to pay for his flight to the uk were i am advised that i must meet him at the designated airport on arrival. this flight fee is costing £1000 GBP of wich the army have said they will pay 50% and i pay the other 50% wich is £500. i have checked all his photos on the scammer i.d site an have found one pic of his from 2013 wich he denies any knowledge of. please can you help me. am i being scammed?
Advertisement

#283922 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm
Hello lisak,
I am sorry to say this but you are in contact with a scammer. Everything that he told you was a lie to steal money from you. The military take care of the soldiers and they do not have to pay for leave, medical or internet service.

Any pictures that he sent you were copied from postings on the internet and have no connection the criminal that you are in contact with.

Please post the emails asking for leave money, including the email address and any telephone numbers given to you. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#283961 by lisak Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:14 am
throughout our contact I have NEVER had his army email address as he states it is private and confidential. when asked for his KIK name and military address, he just never sent them. ALL contact was done via whatsapp. He took himself off BADOO Dating site once we got chatting and after asking if i was talking to any other military men. I sent money via western union and was telephoned by the WESTERN UNION AGENTS TEAM and informed i could no longer use their services as it was a scam. and so money gram was my next option. these are the names used for the transactions:
Receiver name; BABALOLA ADEMOLA, ALSO ADENIRAN ADEMOLA. city; IKERE, state; EKITI, country; NIGERIA.
LAST NIGHT he explained that when u sign a contract to join army there is a time in the contract when ur time is goin to be overand then u may go home freely. as his contract is still running he must pay for leave to be granted. AS all contact i have received is via whatsapp cud u please tell me how to transfer the data to u as i am very new on here. and i want to say thank you for saving me from a very embarrassing and humiliating experience had i continued with this relationship of sorts.
#283970 by vonpaso xlura Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 am
Please copy and paste the messages he sent, both as the soldier and as the leave department.

Everything he told you is a lie. Soldiers do not pay for leave, they cannot take leave when it hasn't become available to them, and no one outside the military can apply for leave of someone in the military. No military in the world asks for payment by Western Union or MoneyGram.

Ignore all future messages from the scammer. Do not tell him you know he's a scammer. Do not even tell him you're dead. Just die, as far as he can see.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283977 by HillBilly Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:37 am
Lisak, sorry to hear you were scammed by this criminal. Please read this topic and be sure to read all of the footnotes at the bottom for more information regarding these crimes :
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527