If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#285621 by Airwrecka Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:45 pm
I recently received another offer after creating a care.com account, promising a personal assistant position where I would pick up/drop off mail and packages for $500/week. I thought this was too good to be true so I googled the guy's name: Pastor Paul Williams, and I was brought to this website where I found a nearly identical story. Here is the email:

Good Day,
How are you doing today ?. I am glad for your quick response and interest in taking care of my son .. I am sorry to let you know that i have gotten a nanny for my son { Kason } and will no longer be needing your service anymore for the nanny position. I am very sorry for this, But i do have a personal assistant position available for you , if you are interested in working for me as my personal assistant . Here are the details about the personal assistant position i am offering you .

Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on. I have had a previous Personal Assistant worker who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the Care.com website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage. I would like to know where you are located because i would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on a business trip. I am presently in CANADA so there will be no much to talk about than to give you the job description.

I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails / packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20 hrs a month. I will be paying $500.00 per week.

I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. No heavy packages is involved!. You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to?. How should your name appear on the payment? and you MUST have a bank account where you will always deposit the payment { important for this job } . Maybe you can provide me with the following details below;

Full Name :
Full Address:
City, State , Zip-code :
Cell Phone Number :
Sex :

Note: You can provide your PO.BOX included to your details as requested, if you are not comfortable with giving out your address.

I believe you should read clearly and understand the terms / conditions attached to this job because i wouldn't want any mistakes to be made at anytime giving instructions OK. Remember like i've said that your weekly wages is $500. I'll appreciate you get back to me to confirm your acceptance of this job if you are the trustworthy person i'm searching for in less than 24hrs, thanks and till i hear from you real soon. I also attached a picture of myself and family, so you can know whom you are working for. Stay blessed...

I will be waiting to hear from right away....

NOTE : ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL AT LEAST 3 TIMES DAILY FOR ANY UPDATES FROM ME.

Thank You!!!
Honesty, loyalty and punctuality is my watchword.
May the almighty God bless you.

Pastor Paul Williams.

Do not Provide your info to the guy sending this email!!
Advertisement