If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#193346 by vonpaso xlura Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:55 am
socartrading.co is an email-only domain apparently set up by the scammer. Do you have an email from the domain? If so, could you post the complete headers (and body, if it isn't the one above)? We may need it to kill the domain.

ETA: I got headers. The domain is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
Advertisement

#194127 by lisaharper71241 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 pm
I experienced the exact same thing with the Anthony Poon/ SOCAR Trading scam. I made it through the first task and my instinct kept telling me it was not on the up and up. I started researching and came across this info. I did get the check in the mail today and the return address on the envelope was from a Raymond Corporation 6650 Kirkville Road in East Syracuse NY. Which is a construction parts place. The credit union is a real credit union and the cashier's check was for 2250.00. It takes a lot less effort to just work at a real job than it does to sit around making up this kind of crap. I would love to get my hands on these pieces of trash that go around doing this stuff.
#194507 by TheresaJ Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm
I wish I had found this information before last week. I too have fallen for the scam , I thought that it was strange that they wanted my bank account information ( thankfully i did not give them anything ) so that "they" could send me a check for the equipment that they promised here is the employment letter they sent me :
MoFo Notices Limited
CityPoint,
One Ropemaker Street,
London EC2Y 9AW
Phone: +32 (0)50 230 300 / Fax: +32 (0)50 230 309
EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT LETTER

Date ‎03/10/2014
Dear <removed> MW
We are pleased to confirm your acceptance with our firm in the capacity of a Customer service You will report directly to Mr Micheal Heels with your start date of employment 03/10/2014. Full work will be scheduled 9am. to 12pm., Monday through Friday. In order to successfully complete training, your attendance is mandatory! Failure to commit to the set required schedule training hours will result to suspension and or termination.
As informed, your base pay salary will be $20.0 per hour during training. Upon successfully completing training, your pay will advanced to $40.0 per hour. Also, you will be covered by the standard group benefit plans of Aetna and fringe benefits, which will be explained to you. For the first year vacation time shall be pro-rated, so you will be entitled to 21 working days’ vacation for this year.

If you agree, please sign the enclosed copy and return for our files.
We look forward to your joining the company,

Chairman and Non Executive Director
Disclaimer
------------------------------------------------
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.

OMG I feel so STUPID here is everything else they have sent to me as well,
Task 1: 4 in one Copier, scanner, fax and printer
MFC-J6510DW Professional Series Inkjet With Full touch screen display.
Available at http://www.brothermall.com for$ 229.99

Zebra Z Series ZM400 - Label printer - monochrome - direct thermal / thermal transfer - Roll (11.4 cm) - 203 dpi - up to 600 inch/min - parallel, USB, serial
Item#: YYI1-N28482 | Model#: ZM400-2001-0000T
$1,233.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com

HON® - basyx® 400 Series 4 Drawer Lateral File, 36"W, Light Gray
Sold by: globalindustrial.com
Availability: Usually ships in 5 to 8 days
Stock No: T9FB615480
$541.95 at http://www.globalindustrial.com

Sandia compact desk$ 395.00
http://www.officefurniture.com
Quickbooks Pro 2014 $199.99 at http://www.quickbooks.com
Sage Simply accounting is a download from http://www.Cnet.net

Peachtree Accounting software is a download from
http://www.go.na.sage.com

Account edge accounting software is a download from
http://www.accountedge.com/pro
the download is for Windows and MAC

Business2Go software is a download from
http://www.quest2go.com Cost for the download is 199.99

Bookkeeper is a free download from http://www.en.softsonic.com

Balance Sheets Basics software is a free download from
http://www.en.softsonic.com

Task 2: 1. How to enter a new client.

You are going to gather the client’s information by asking the client their first name and then spell it back to them fanatically, also gathering their last name and repeating it and spelling it back fanatically.
You will then gather all pertinent information from the client such as address and telephone number and repeating the information back to the client.

2. How to enter a new Debtor.
To enter a new debtor you are going to be gathering your information that is being provided to you either by the debtor themselves or by your employer.
You should have everything that you will need such as Name, address country , Time zone telephone number, Social security number drivers license information , date of birth, etc… .
3. How to schedule a letter contact
1. Click the field labeled Type to view the list of contact types. Use the page up or Page down key to see the whole list select “Letter” from the list.
2. Select the down arrow at the right end of the field labeled Description to view the list of all reports and letters in the Collect.
3. Select the letter you want to send and its description will display in the description field. This description is used by the system to determine which letter to print.
4. Fill out the other fields as needed
5. Press F8 to save this contact and return to the Debtor form .
6. The letter is now placed in the print queue to be printed when you run your daily letter batch.

3. How to Schedule a Review Contact
1. Pull down the Browse menu and choose All debtors.
2. Select a Debtor from the list, Clicking on it to open the Debtor form.
3. Locate the contacts tab.
4. Select the Contacts tab to open the list of contacts made for this account.
5. Click the new button at the bottom of this form or press F3 to open a new Contact form.
6. Press F1 to view information about this form. Pay special attention to the types of contacts.
The contact form is automatically filled out with the debtor information for the account you are on.
4. How to Schedule A Phone Contact.

1. Pull down the Browse menu and choose all debtors.
2. Select a Debtor from the list, clicking on it to open the Debtor form.
3. Locate the contacts list.
4. Select the Contacts tab to open the list made for this account.
5. Click the New button at the bottom of this form or press F3 to open a new contact form.
6. Press F1 to view information about this form, Pay special attention to the types of contacts.
7. The contact form is automatically filled out with the debtor information for the account you are on.
5. Account Matching During Data Entry

1. Open a New debtor form.
2. Enter the debtor’s name.
3. Match the debtor’s name to the account.
4. Highlight the information for the debtor.

And finally number 6
How To Group Debtors when entering New Accounts.
This document discusses manually grouping debtor’s that you would like to keep together.
There are several reasons for grouping debtors:
* You may realize that several of your accounts are related and you may wish to view them together.
* You might have one outstanding debt, such as a funeral home bill, with several debtors who could be responsible to settle the account.
* You may have several debtors who belong to the same client or share some other type of information that you want to keep together.
* You may have a group of debtor’s setup already and you may get a new debtor that you want to add to the group.
In any of these cases, and others collect! Allows you to link these accounts together.
First let’s find the first Debtor that you would like to put in your group.
1. Pull down the browse menu and choose find by names. You will be presented with a form where you can type in a name for Collect! to find in your list of Debtors.
Type in a name just as it appears in the Debtor form, that is, Last Name, comma, First Name. It is not necessary to capitalize the letters. You can also look for near matches. Please read the instructions in the find by box or look up Find By in the help index.
2. When you have entered a name for Collect! to find, select ok , The debtor form for that name will open on your screen, if Correct find it.
3. Let's assume the system has found the name and proceed. Now that you are looking at the Debtor form, notice the 'GROUP button near the top of the form, in the center. It has an arrow on either side of it.
If the Debtor you chose is already in a group, this button will be yellow and the arrows will be yellow. You can press the Group button to see all members in the group or press the arrows to see the Debtor form for each member at a time.
4. Press the Group button. If the Debtor is not already in a group, you will be prompted to form a new group.
5. Read the instructions carefully and select OK. The list of all debtors will open and your first choice is already highlighted in yellow. This means it is selected.
6. Now use the arrow keys to find other records you want to group. When you find one and it is highlighted, (it is black) press the space bar and it turns yellow. Now it is selected too.
7. Carry on until you have selected all your debtors for the group this way. After they are selected, they show blue when you move off that line in the list.
8. Now that all of your debtors are selected, Press F8.
9. Select OK to proceed with grouping the accounts.
10. You are returned to the Debtor form and now the Group button is highlighted and the arrows on either side of it are too.
11. Click on the Group tab. This shows all of the members in the group in the matching accounts list. Group financial totals are also displayed. Press F1 to see help on this form.

TAsk 3: What items of information do you need before you can approve an
invoice for payment?

1. Have the goods been received in good
order?

2. Is the quantity/price right?

3. Were you expecting a discount?

4. Is the delivery charge correct?

Tell me about an invoice discrepancy that you discovered and how you
Resolved the discrepancy.

When I was working for a cell phone company I had a caller advise me that there were charges to their bill that should have not been charged since it was a free service that was offered at the retailer. I advised the caller that I would look into the issue for them and would return their call when i had the issue resolved. Looked into the issue and it turns out that the caller had purchased the service the day that the promotion had ended. I then made changes to the invoice for the caller and gave them the service free of charge since they had gotten the service the day that the promotion ended. Called the customer back and let them know of the change and sent the new invoice with the correction.

Tell me about an invoice dispute that you were involved in and what
your role was in resolving the dispute.

Well this was not an invoice but it was a web issue where the web pricing was different then what I was showing on my screen (the cost was higher on my screen). I had to go through management and see if we could make the correction so that we continued to have a happy customer. Management approved and gave the customer a free gift for booking flight with our airline. Customer was happy and continues to use that airline.

If you are asked to prepare a bill for services. What information
should be included in the bill?

Service Providers details (ie) Organizations name and address
Service Receiver's details (ie) Organizations name and address
Details of the service (ie) for eg: advertisement charges/Dying charges.
Tax (ie) Service tax on total chargeable amount and cess or sur-charge on service tax.
And if there is any expenses or abatements incurred by the service receiver less all those things and calculate service Tax and cess for the balance amount.
Can you describe some of the methods used to allocate support costs.
Well there is the direct method allocates support department costs to operating
departments only.
The allocation ratio for allocating Maintenance
to Assembly is 110,000/220,000 x $300,000 = $ 150,000
The allocation ratio for allocating Maintenance
to Finishing is 110,000/220,000 x $300,000=150,000
There is also the Step down method allocates support department costs to other
support departments and to operating
departments.
Which support department should be allocated
First? The support department providing the greatest
percentage of support to other support departments is allocated first.
What do you understand by the term Charge back? a charge back is a reversal of a credit card transaction, which is usually indicated by the card issuer as requested by the cardholder. It may also be requested by the merchant. Charge backs usually occur due to fraudulent activity on the card (real or perceived), due to customer disputes, or from other authorization issues.
What experience have you had in fixed assets accounting?
I do not have any accounting experience and wish to learn how to do so. I do however have a great deal of customer service experience and this is also a asset in this field of work.

Task 4 was the CASH BOOK assignment

Task 5 : they wanted me to write a article on what is the best way to prevent over due accounts in my own words and I had 3 hours to complete all assignments.

This is BS and they should be reported , who would I go to about that here in WA?
#194526 by vonpaso xlura Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 pm
*What part of London is in Belgium? The letter L.

*Anyone who wants you to spell a name back fanatically did not grow up in London, Belgium, anywhere else in Western Europe, Italy, or Greece.

*The letter tells you to start work in October. That's seven months away.

*The exercise about overdue accounts is typical nonsense-work of this kind of scam.

#197687 by AlanJones Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 am
You're wasting your time - we know it is a scam. If you want to work for nothing then that is up to you, but you won't be getting paid by them.

If I was you I would be more concerned that they may well make fraudulent transfers into your bank account, resulting in it being frozen and you investigated for money laundering.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#257963 by kidcheno Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 am
Hey, sorry to bring back an old thread but I wanted to up date everyone: I fell for this earlier this week as they were posing as an actual recruiter for Edward Jones Investment. It all sounded fishy to me but after I did my research, my aunt did her research, and a recruiter friend did her research everything came up sounding clean.

Luckily last night while Skyping my long distance boyfriend he wanted to see the laptop I was going to get and when I did a direct Google search this site came up before the Amazon listing--and I'm so glad it did! Unfortunately, because everything checked out with my sources I already gave my bank information... But I literally just opened that account so all that's in it is the opening deposit and 23 dollars I used to test the deposit through app feature Wells Fargo has (which I now moved to savings and as soon an that goes through we're closing the account).

BUT I just wanted to update: They are using Edward Jones Investment as a front and I made two job postings for them yesterday on Indeed and Craigslist for the Atlanta Georgia area. It may come off as legit because they are using the name(s) of an actual recruiter(s) for the company. They've gotten a little smarter.

And thank you for having this website and using the SEOs well. I knew something was fishy and I should have gone with my gut... But I was trying to be a starry eyed optimist. Won't do that again :|
#257999 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:06 am
Please post any email new information that potential victims would be searching for, such as the name of the Edward Jones recruiter. Also, if they have any new websites or email domains, post those too.

#258007 by kidcheno Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:05 pm
Absolutely! I meant to do it a bit ago.

From eLance:

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations,
Your resume has been reviewed and you have made it to the NEXT STEP for the job opening you sent Your resume was

shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Mrs Terri Eschbacher via yahoo messenger with the following

email address ([email protected]). Add Her to your buddy list and send her an IM, She will be online waiting for

you ASAP to conduct the interview for you.

Your verification code is EJF01728, this would serve as your
identification number throughout the online hiring process.
Your timely response matters alot. We look forward to having you on the team.

The schedule time for the interview/briefing exercise is June 24th
2015 by 9 am your time zone, you are to be on yahoo messenger at this time for the interview, your swift and timely

response matters alot to this position as the job starts ASAP. I wish you best of luck.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time:9 AM
Venue: On line Via Yahoo Messenger
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard
Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager

(I can't get access to the Yahoo chats, but they say essentially the same thing as everyone elses' chat logs.)

First email:

Message body First Training Task (Test 1). Hello,You are required to complete this Training Task (Test) within a time
limit of 30mins.

(A) This is to introduce you to EDGAR, the SEC's database of financial
information about publicly owned companies. The SEC maintains EDGAR to
give the public free access to information about publicly owner companies.Instructions Access EDGAR at the following

Internet address: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar
Then type STARBUCKS CORP into the search box and press the ENTER key. Select Starbuck's most recent Form 10Q (a required

Quarterly Filing that includes Quarterly Financial Statements).Questions.What is the Mailing Address of Starbuck's

corporate headquarters? What is the Business Address? Scroll down to the Balance Sheet, has the company's total assets

increased or decreased since the last report? How much has the company increased or decreased?

Stuff I Will Need to Purchase:

In case you are unable to find all the prices of the items needed just draft a message requesting for pricing on all the

tems and send to the vendor whose details are below;

Name: Jennifer Lambert
Email: [email protected]

Items to be purchased are;
Premium US Patent Single Users Pack
Peach Tree version 2012
Quickbooks Pro 2014.
Microsift Office Home Business 2014.
HP Pavilion HDX18-1180US 18.4-Inch Laptop (2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, Blu-ray

Drive, Vista Premium)
Myob business essentials software 2005,For Peach Tree premium
2010 US Patent Single Users Pack, simply accounting 2009,Adobe Photoshop 52011.
HP 3055 Monochrome Laser Jet Flatbed All in One Printer.
Avg Sony Satelite.

As for the HP Unix B2600 WORKSTATION 500MHz Server which you will be needing for up-link to our server to enable you

access our database and other company files you might need, i will make arrangement on having that shipped to you so don't

worry about that just get the prices of the rest.

Email me with the price list as soon as you have them.

Instructions on What To Do With the Check

Hello

How are you doing today?your start-up check was sent out to you yesterday by our Accounting Department you should get it Today via Fedex Here is the tracking number 807983018260 .Your $100 signing bonus was included in the check,So,Deduct your $100 from the check(This is to motivate workers towards commencement).

You are to go deposit the check into your account or Via ATM Machine and get back to me with when your bank says it will take for the funds to be available.Then i will give you further instructions and list of materials to purchase to enable you get started.I will also provide you with the vendor information
where you are to purchase all materials.

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS.

Best Regards
Terri Eschbacher

And this is the job description they had me post on Craigslist for Atlanta, GA

Retail Sales Representative

Job Description

You know how to communicate with customers to find out what they need—and what solutions can fill those needs. Our dedicated Sales professionals receive award-winning training so they can present our game-changing technologies, products and services to the world.

Responsibilities

Responsibilities:With a rich understanding of Edward Jones investments firm and services, you'll leverage this knowledge and expertise to: Analyze customer needs and present value-added solutions Inspire and excite customers about how our solutions can impact their lives Ensure that our customers leave our stores with the best solutions for their needs Deliver the best product set-up and coaching experience possible Provide our customers with a basic understanding of the functionality of the products and accessories they purchase so that they can immediately enjoy their new solutions Attend both formal and informal training to better understand our retail store operations and keep up with company, market, and industry trends Support daily business operations, including processing customer transactions and auditing cash receipts dailyAs a Edward Jones investments firm you'll use your outstanding sales expertise, passion for Edward Jones investments firm and customer interaction skills to create the ultimate in-store experience. As the driving force in building customer loyalty and growing our existing customer base, you'll deliver superior customer service and proactively contact existing customers to ensure they're getting the most out of our products and services.About Edward Jones investments firm We believe in the power of technology to solve just about anything. And we've put our sharpest minds to the task. Whatever your passion and expertise, when you join Edward Jones investments firm, you'll find a sales team determined to change the world and empower our customers to do the same! You'll tackle challenges that will continually spark your intellect, fuel your passion and drive your professional growth. And we'll provide you with robust training opportunities and outstanding benefits. So you're always supported to realize your goals.Join us, and create an inspiring career with the company that meets every day with one question: "What do we want to build next?"

Qualifications

QualificationsAre you a good fit for the Solutions Specialist role? A 2-year degree, or at least 1 year of relevant sales experience, is required for this position. Full time positions also require flexible schedule availability including evenings and weekends.A four-year degree, 1+ years of experience with solutions-based selling in a commissions-based sales environment, and a demonstrated ability to drive sales results are strongly preferred.Additionally, the following skills and attributes will be integral to your success: Excellent communication skills Outstanding solutions-based sales skills Exceptional relationship-building skills Passionate about technology Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Resourceful Motivated to learn Professionalism and poise

Salary: $18.78 /hour

The same one is posted on Indeed for the same are. The emails for these accounts are:

[email protected] (Contact Terry Fisher. [They actually gave me the password to this email account because Indeed requires password verification. They haven't changed it yet so I'm kind of keeping an eye out for anyone emailing them about a job opportunity. I might just change the password myself to protect others. Stupid idea? Haha, probably).

and I'm so sorry but I don't know what the email was for the craigslist posting, I'm looking for it as I type this and I will post as soon as I find it. Here is the link to the posting http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ofc/5091680815.html

Terri Eschbacher is a real recruiting officer for Edward Jones, however, if her email does not end with @edwardjones (or something like that) it is NOT actually her. I have called her and told her there are scammers posing as her and have reported this to the police and given them the fraudulent check. I don't know if the other two contacts are real recruiters they are just posing as because they do have fairly generic names.

That's why I fell for it because it did seem very sketchy but when my research came back with a real person and my aunt's research came back with a real person and the fact our friend who's a recruiter for Ernst and Young recognized this recruiter immediately made me a little more trusting. Thank God for my boyfriend's nerdiness.

The white collar detective said he's been seeing this happen a lot lately so please don't be stoopid like me.

PS.

Also watch out for names like Charitable Jones and Jennifer Lambert.

And I'm also so, so sorry I posted two more of their job postings.

EDITED TO ADD:

Snooping around on the email account I have access to another email they use (listed for recovery) is [email protected]

I also think these people are definitely connected to the care.com scams as well.
#258652 by Duplicating Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:42 am
Hello guys, sorry for the bad formatting but I think you guys can figure out which is me and which is the scammer. Googled and saw this and was thankful to not waste any more time with these guys. They are going under and trying to scam using http://www.teleperformance.com/en-us/ as a way to get people to believe that they are legit. The first task they gave me was this:

Dear employee

Today's task is to get some details about your personal experience about this Job and would like you to take a good look at the questions and answer them carefully. You have a time limit of 24 hours to get it done.

To what extent were you involved in collections?
If you are asked to prepare a bill for services. What information should be included in the bill?
Tell me about your experience in conducting audits.
Can you describe some of the methods used to allocate support costs.
What do you understand by the term Charge back?
Based on Internal Revenue Service rules, what criteria distinguish a consultant from an employee?
How might quality problems manifest themselves in an accounting department?
What percentage of discounts lost did you have in Accounts Payable? Did the percentage increase or decrease under your supervision?

Regards
Task Office
Teleperformance, USA

Below is the chatlog of the interview:

ME: Hello, I am responding to an e-mail from Teleperformance U.S.A. and I am interested in having a Job Interview with you for the position available. Thank you.

10:53 AM

Hello.. How are you ?
[email protected] • 10:56 AM
Good, sorry I just saw this.
How are you?

11:04 AM

I am doing well, thanks for asking....Are you ready for a briefing and interview session now?
[email protected] • 11:05 AM
Would this be a video interview?

11:05 AM

This will be done via chat messages
[email protected] • 11:06 AM
Oh, in that case I am ready for an interview session now.

11:06 AM

Lets proceed.Have you been interviewed online before ?
[email protected] • 11:06 AM
No. This is my first time.

11:06 AM

Okay.As soon as we proceed you will get to know more and understand better.
[email protected] • 11:07 AM
Sounds good to me.

11:07 AM

I am Mr Jari Toivonen, PHR , I am the Junior Contact Center Manager at Teleperformance, USA , I am Highly motivated, self-directed Human Resources professional with expertise in talent acquisition, training development and employee relations. Innovative MANAGER with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Strong presenter with experience facilitating in-person workshops. Proven expertise in establishing rapport and building trust with candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Respected and dedicated professional with experience providing internal employee development, team effectiveness and leadership development consulting to all levels of an organization. Multi-tasker who is very organized and trustworthy with highly confidential information. I previously worked with the GBX Consultants, Inc., BlueCross BlueShield of SC and US Army. Please introduce yourself indicating your location.
[email protected] • 11:07 AM
(PERSONAL INFO)

11:14 AM

Okay, Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an Okay
[email protected] • 11:15 AM
Okay

11:16 AM

This is TelePerformance U.S.A .. while we are about to start with the interview, I would like you to quickly have a look at the company's website:http://www.teleperformance.com/en-us/people-company/about-us . Let me know once done.
[email protected] • 58 mins
Okay

56 mins

Let me know once done.
[email protected] • 56 mins
I've looked at the company's website.

54 mins

Good
This is strictly an online and work from home job and you can as well work from anywhere of your choice or anytime that does suit you.You can choose to work during Morning, Afternoon and even during evening let me know if you are interested so we can proceed?
[email protected] • 53 mins
I am interested.

53 mins

The positions available are Data Entry Clerk,Accounting Clerk,Administrative
Assistant,Payroll, Medical biller, Bookkeeper,marketing sales,Bookkeeper,Office Assistant,Management,Customer services,which will you be capable of handling effectively If properly trained?
[email protected] • 53 mins
Out of all those positions, Data Entry Clerk would be where I think I would perform the best.

52 mins

Very Good. This is strictly an online and work from home position,were all duties are performed remotely online,working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $27.43 per hour,working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Another benefit of working from home,it allows an employee to focus in their environment,without the unnecessary office squander.

Can you work effectively as an online employee if you get hired?
[email protected] • 51 mins
Yes I can.

51 mins

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents,identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database.

I assume you can handle All of these duties effectively if you get hired and trained?
[email protected] • 50 mins
I can easily handle these duties effectively.

50 mins

Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance,Employee Wellness and 401k plans,employee stock purchase plan(ESPP),Paid Time Off and Holidays. These takes place after working for the company after 30 days.
[email protected] • 49 mins
Okay.

49 mins

What are your Full Names,Age,Sex,Cell # and full home address where you are located?
[email protected] • 48 mins
(PERSONAL INFORMATION)

48 mins

I am going to ask you some questions now,Once done with your answers simply write (DONE) so i can go on with my next question.Are you ready ?
[email protected] • 47 mins
Yes I am ready.

47 mins

Are you currently employed?

Have you worked as an online employee before?

Are you seeking for part time or full time job?

How many hours per day are you available to work?
[email protected] • 47 mins
I am not currently employed.

I haven't worked as an online employee before.

I'm seeking a part-time job but if needed, I would be willing to work full-time.

I would be available to work at least 6 hours a day.

(DONE)

45 mins

Why do you want the job?

Do you have a printer,scanner,photocopier and Fax machine?

Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?

Do you know your typing speed?
[email protected] • 45 mins
I want the job because I want to learn what it is like to grow with a company. After taking a look at your website, I understand that your company values passion. I am determined to be successful at whatever it is I put time in and I feel like this job is something I would be determined to do well in.

I have a printer, scanner, photocopier, and as for fax it is capable of fax I would just have to connect it to my phone line and have that set up.

I know how to use MS Excel, I took a computer class that had lessons on how to use Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. I have all the MS programs.

I took a typing test yesterday and was able to reach over 90 WPM.

41 mins

Done ?
[email protected] • 38 mins
I apologize.

(DONE)

38 mins

What do you understand by petty cash and what do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?

Give me 2 genuine and specific reasons why you should be hired by the company ?

How would you like to be paid if been offered this position. Via Direct Deposit, Credit Card Transfer or check, what means of payment would you prefer weekly or Bi weekly?

What Bank Do you Operate with to see if it tallies with the company's official salary payment account ?
[email protected] • 38 mins
Petty cash is a small sum of money that is used for paying small amounts of money rather than having to write a check. Privacy is usually the right of a person to have their data and information secure from others to see. Code of Conduct is usually a set of guidelines and rules that companies set forth for employees or customers of a service have to follow.

I think I should be hired by the company because I am determined to work hard at what I put my time into. I feel like if I am not working hard or passionate about what I am working on, it will only create mediocre or average results. Data entry, things done on a computer is something I have always been able to do well. Another reason why I would like to be hired by the company is because after reading the Work With Us page on the company's website, I feel like the same ideas and goals that the company share are ones that interest me a lot. The company cares for the welfare of their employees and that's something I respect when looking at a company. Respect that would translate into me wanting to work harder for the company and produce great results.

If offered this position, I would like to be paid via Direct Deposit, weekly.

The bank I operate with is Chase.

27 mins

Done ?
[email protected] • 25 mins
(DONE)

25 mins

You are absolutely correct and you seem like a perfect fit for this job position cause you have been a very wonderful and active candidate from the beginning of this job interview and i am impressed with your full concentration and participation.
[email protected] • 25 mins
Thank you.

24 mins

You are welcome
I need you to hold on online for 5 minutes because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and ripe for this job and also for your consideration Stand. Please stay close to your PC.
[email protected] • 24 mins
I'll be here.

24 mins

Good
I'm back, Due to your level of experience and communication skills the company has decided to give you a chance for you to work for the company and will like to see your diligence,Charisma,Commitment to this job. congratulations !!!
[email protected] • 17 mins
Thank you!

17 mins

You are welcome
To enable you sit for this job and position there are working equipment and software's which are required for this job and position this is because you will be working from home as all expenses are handle by the company, so there for the company will be sending you a check, this check will be for the purchase of all the working equipment that you need as you will be purchasing them from the company local vendor, method of purchase and means of payment will be made known to you when the check get to you, as you will be getting the check asap...You are advise to be here online by Exactly 8am tomorrow Morning so i can attach you to your training supervisor that will instruct you on the use of the softwares and he will be in charge of your duties is that clear?
[email protected] • 16 mins
That is clear.

15 mins

How would you like your name to appear on your start up check?
[email protected] • 14 mins
Removed (BW)

13 mins

Alright....All we need from you is good work,you will enjoy every moment working with us This job offer flexible hours but you are to report online via Gmail Hangout by 8am daily your time for duties,task,and assignment and i need you to keep your Gmail Hangout (ON) is that understood ?
[email protected] • 13 mins
I will be able to do that easily. I understand.

12 mins

Okay good.
That will be all for now...as we have come to the end of today's job briefing and interview as you have been offered the job and position, as for your paper works which you will be filling out prior to your position all that will be coming in the mail along with your working equipment and software after which you have purchase your working equipment from our local vendor is that clear ?
[email protected] • 12 mins
That is clear.

11 mins

Okay good
Bye for now and have a blessed day ☺
[email protected] • 11 mins
You too! Thanks again.

10 mins

Welcome and thanks. By
#268004 by bfvmg Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:55 pm
Well I guess I fell for this scam. Used my ego and resume, and sent me an email stating they found me on the VA veterans jobs I posted my resume to. Guys name is Andrew Gross, and stated he is from Essentia Analytics. Did some research and it all came up clean, but I had my doubts. Use of Google Hangout and a gmail address. Anyway, the tasks are stupid easy, and since I wasn't doing anything else I did them. Took less then an hour usually. I think that I will carry this out to see where it leads, especially since it is not taking any time. LMAO. I am just searching google, and copy/pasting the information. Too easy.

Here are some emails and chats:

VA JOB PORTAL <[email protected]>
Sep 10 (6 days ago)

Greetings,
We have reviewed your resume posted online on VA JOB PORTAL, We believe you are qualified for this position, and have forwarded your resume to the Head of Human Resources, Mr. Andrew Gross. He would like to conduct an on-line interview With you on 9/11/2015 at 08:00 AM Your time to discuss more about the Administrative Assistant/Data Entry/ Accounting position that is yet to be occupied .

You are to set up a screen name with Google Hangout at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... golnpehhpl) and add Head of Human Resources Mr. Andrew Gross Google hangout screen name([email protected]) and instant message Him for an online interview/briefing exercise.

He would be online to discuss every detail you need to know about the company, pay scale and position before the commencement of the interview. If the time is not convenient for you, feel free to email Mr. Andrew Gross at this Email address: [email protected]

He will be waiting to talk to you on Hangout right away. Endeavor to get on-line ASAP. I Wish you the best of Luck on the Interview. If you have any problem, Please feel free to email back.

Sincerely,
Greg Wallace

ORGANIZATION:ESSENTIA ANALYTICS Limited.

Andrew Gross <[email protected]>
Sep 11 (5 days ago)

All professional investors share a fundamental problem: they are selling skill, but getting paid for performance.
Unfortunately, the two are not the same. Performance is not a measure of skill – it’s a measure of outcome.

Essentia Analytics has developed a platform for managers that analyses their historical trade and identifies behavioural patterns to help them figure out what they are good at, and what may be getting in the way of better performance.

The software includes an “investment journal”, or a way to keep track of what they were thinking when they made a particular decision. Essentially you can take digital notes of what your thoughts were when you considered a position. The platform can also capture biometric data, so factors like how much sleep you got the night before, or what the air quality is like in the office.

The system presents the analysis in charts and graphs and alerts fund managers when they might be about to find themselves in a situation

Skill is a function of the decisions we make, both consciously and unconsciously. Conscious decisions can be improved by implementing process in a disciplined way. Unconscious decisions are trickier – sometimes they are the secret of our success and sometimes they are our own worst enemy. Optimising the influence of the unconscious begins with self-awareness.

Process. Discipline. Self-Awareness.
They form the foundation of what we call Skill-Based Investing.
Essentia’s decision support software enables fund managers to capture richer data about their own behaviour, while improving the productivity and referenceability of their investment processes. A more accurate picture of the past enables better conscious decisions in the future.
Meanwhile, our data scientists identify behavioural patterns and correlations, and reveal actionable insights, enabling awareness of the unconscious influences.
Finally, our Coaching Partners help fund managers convert that awareness into behavioural change, increasing the probability of success.
Excellence demands a feedback loop. Essentia supplies one.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payable, entering data of online sales, purchase, orders, bookings, number of goods sold, numbers remaining, etc, of customers in the US.Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc
BRIEFING SUMMARY

You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training programme details below:

*You will have to be online from 8am to 11AM daily for training programme as you will be given series of tasks during training.
*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 5pm your time zone.
*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $35/hr and for 8hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.
*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).
*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.
*You are paid weekly.
*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $13 per hour During training and $35 per hour after training.
*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.
*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENT
Fund for the purchase of working Equipment and software will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other software for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400vvBarcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk).

Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipment would be provided to you ASAP.
You would be Given the Following to start work with after training:
* Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )
Employment Supervisor

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 11:21 AM
To:
Subject: EMPLOYEE PROFILE

Congratulations......This is to confirm that you have been approved to be a staff of Essentia Analytics Limited, having reached the requirements, passed the interview and recommended for the Job by the Board of Directors on employment.Also they will put you through our company's guidelines under US human Resources Laws and Regulations.

Confirm your Full Names, current address, Contact cell number and Date of birth so We can send you the employment letter to sign and also create an employee profile for you and as well for payment purposes.

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential under state and federal law. This information may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail, and then delete the original e-mail. Thank you.

<[email protected]>
Sep 11 (5 days ago)
to Andrew

xxxxxxxxxx

CHATS:

Sep 10, 9:42 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello good morning, send me a message on hangout when you come online and ready for the interview.
Larry • Sep 11, 6:10 AM
I am ready. On my phone
Sep 11, 9:00 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
How are you doing today?
Larry • Sep 11, 9:00 AM I am good.
Sep 11, 9:01 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Send me an email address you would love to receive job detail.
Larry • Sep 11, 9:01 AM [email protected]
Sep 11, 9:01 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Check email for job detail, do let me know when you done reading
Larry • Sep 11, 9:02 AM
I am done. There is not much of A
an IT component to this job.
Sep 11, 9:07 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording, recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Software that will be mailed to you to start work fully.

Now, your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.
Larry • Sep 11, 9:08 AM
Okay. So this is more of accounting job?
Sep 11, 9:09 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
It is basically Data entry.
Larry • Sep 11, 9:09 AM
$35 an hour for data entry?
Sep 11, 9:09 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
For full position, considering it is a work from home position.
Larry • Sep 11, 9:11 AM
Okay. What do I have to do?
Sep 11, 9:12 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
I have few questions for you and it is very important how you attempt them, is that okay?
Larry • Sep 11, 9:12 AM
Sure thing.
Sep 11, 9:13 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Why do you think we should employ you?
Larry • Sep 11, 9:14 AM
I think you should employ me because I am a conscientious worker. I am prompt and like to give value for my services. I am retired from the Army so I have learned how to be honest, loyal, and to be a leader no matter what I do. If I work from home I would be at work during the hours specified.
Sep 11, 9:16 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello you there?
Sorry i had technical issues, it is now resolved
Larry • Sep 11, 10:27 AM
Ok did you get my last message
Sep 11, 10:39 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Can you resend?
Sep 11, 10:46 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Tell me about your last job position
Larry • Sep 11, 10:47 AM
I am a network administrator for CSC. I monitor and control a network stack that help the Army train its soldiers by providing near real time feedback
Sep 11, 10:48 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct in business?
Larry • Sep 11, 10:49 AM
Privacy is protecting customer information, not revealing or talking about it with unauthorized personnel.
Code of conduct means acting ethically, responsibly, morally in business dealing with everyone.
Sep 11, 10:51 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Have you worked with data entry software before?
Larry • Sep 11, 10:51 AM
Some. I am a excel, word, and powerpoint expert, and I have worked extensively with Access databases, and data entry websites on a daily basis. I also have to enter my time online every day.
Sep 11, 10:53 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
how do you always like to be paid, pay check or direct deposit?
Larry • Sep 11, 10:53 AM
Direct deposit
Sep 11, 10:54 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Okay what bank do you currently operate with to see if tallies with the company's official payment institution.
Larry • Sep 11, 10:55 AM
USAA or Navy Federal
Sep 11, 10:55 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Okay great, are you also a team player?
Larry • Sep 11, 10:56 AM
Oh yes. I am used to working as a member of a team. I prefer it usually
Sep 11, 10:56 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Rate your self on a scale of 1-5 based on the following MATHEMATICAL ACCURACY, SPELLING ACCURACY, TYPING SPEED,STATISTICAL ACCURACY?
Larry • Sep 11, 10:59 AM
Math 4, spelling 5, typing 4, statistical 3
Sep 11, 11:01 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Will you be able to dedicate 8hours of your time to this position Monday-Friday?
Larry • Sep 11, 11:01 AM
Yes.
Sep 11, 11:01 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hold on online while i forward your interview answers to the company's board of directors for proper review and consideration.I need you to standby your PC or Phone, i will get back to you with your interview result in a jiffy.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:02 AM
Okay. Thank you
Sep 11, 11:02 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello you there?
Larry • Sep 11, 11:19 AM
Yes
Sep 11, 11:19 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello..I am back now and your consideration stand is available now on my desk..Are you ready to know your stand?
Larry • Sep 11, 11:19 AM
sure
Sep 11, 11:19 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
This is to confirm that you have been approved to be a staff of Essentia Analytics Limited, having reached the requirements, passed the interview and recommended for the Job by the Board of Directors on employment
Also they will put you through our company's guidelines under US human Resources Laws and Regulations.
Congratulations..
Larry • Sep 11, 11:20 AM
thank you. Whats next?
Sep 11, 11:20 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
You will start training Task Monday morning by 8am your time.We will send you the Employment Letter to sign and send it back.
I sent you an email, confirm that and get back to me here for more detail.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:22 AM
Confirmed
Sep 11, 11:25 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
NOTE: First week of training entails working on few articles that will be emailed to you to ascertain your level of logical reasoning and abilities in data entry and accounting areas, The second week of training involves working with equipment and softwares that will be mailed to you to commence full employment after the two weeks of training.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:25 AM
good
Sep 11, 11:27 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
We have a set time to calculate working hours During training 8am - 11am after which you will work from 8am - 4pm your time zone.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:27 AM
okay
Sep 11, 11:30 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Check email later for the employment document Have it signed and email back to me for the commencement of your training Monday morning at 8am
Andrew • Sep 11, 11:37 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
That will be all for today.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:58 AM
sound good thank you
Sep 11, 11:59 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Have a wonderful day Larry.
Larry • Sep 11, 11:59 AM
Are you all looking for more people? I have one that would be excellent for you.
Sep 11, 1:27 PM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
I will notify you on that.
Sep 11, 1:31 PM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Kindly check email for offer letter, have it signed and emailed back for documentation.
Mon, 9:20 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello Larry how are you doing today?
Larry • Mon, 9:25 AM
Hi Andrew I am good. How are you?
Mon, 9:26 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
So far so good
I received your signed letter.
Are you ready to commence training task?
Larry • Mon, 9:26 AM
Sure thing
Mon, 9:26 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Kindly check email for first training task and let me know when you done with that.
Did you receive it?
Larry • Mon, 9:37 AM
I did receive it. First page is almost complete.... ☺
Mon, 9:49 AM
Okay, I am complete. Did you want me to email it to you
Mon, 10:55 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Yes email that to me
Larry • Mon, 11:01 AM
On its way
Mon, 11:03 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
I have received and reviewed your task, you did a great job
Keep it up.
Larry • Mon, 11:19 AM
thank you.
Mon, 11:20 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
You welcome
That will be all for today.
Larry • Mon, 11:25 AM
Okay. Thank you Andrew. Is there some sort of time sheet to fill out?
Mon, 11:26 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
I will notify you when that should be done
Larry • Mon, 11:27 AM
Great. Talk to you tomorrow
Mon, 11:33 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Have a wonderful day ahead of you.
Tue, 6:05 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello Larry, a good morning to you.
Larry • Tue, 6:06 AM
Good morning Andrew. I will be starting the training at 8
Tue, 7:27 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Okay good
Have you checked email for training task?
Larry • Tue, 7:27 AM
Yes I have. I should be good. Thanks
Tue, 7:28 AMAndrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Okay, let me know when you done
Larry • Tue, 9:28 AM
OK. I am done. Sending it to you now...
Tue, 10:05 AMAndrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Received, kindly standby for review.
Tue, 11:10 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Hello Larry, you did well.
Larry • Tue, 2:03 PM
Thank you. I gather we are done for the day?
Tue, 2:07 PM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
That will be all for today Larry/
Larry • Tue, 2:09 PM
great. talk to you tomorrow Andrew!
Tue, 2:09 PM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Sure thing.
Bye
Larry • Tue, 7:57 AM
Received task. Started working on it.
7:59 AM Andrew Gross ([email protected], [email protected])
Okay good, let me know when done.
Larry • 10:59 AM
Done. sending it to you now
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
#268025 by Mike Wilson Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners bfvmg,
This is a big red flag "Fund for the purchase of working Equipment and software will be provided for you by the Company asap"

This is a scam and any payment sent to you will either be stolen or forged. DO NOT cash, deposit any checks or money orders from these criminals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#268031 by bfvmg Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:14 pm
Thank you Mike,
I will follow this out to see what happens.
Is the scam just to get people in trouble, or is it to get someone to buy things and ship them along the trail?

Also, is there any task force or agency I can go to to report this, instead of my state attorney general?

Thanks

--Larry
#268065 by vonpaso xlura Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 pm
You can report it to IC3 if you're in America, but it's unlikely they'd be able to find the scammer, who is African and hiding behind fake names.

The purpose of the scam is probably to steal money by having someone send it to you and having you forward it. It could also involve forwarding merchandise or printing fake checks.

#268150 by bfvmg Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Latest Email:
This is a hard one, cause it seems so, so plausible. And they are willing to send money up front. Just amazing.

Andrew Gross
9:46 AM (17 minutes ago)

Hello (personal) Marcus,
I am pleased to inform you that funds to purchase your working materials/Installation and software to enable you work effectively from home was released Yesterday and you should have them today. You can check the status of the envelope on www.usps.com with the tracking # listed below .
Tracking Number 9470101699320017733327

As soon as you receive the Check, Proceed to your bank and deposit the check, and the funds will be made available after 24 hours of deposit. You are to get back to me online after the check has been deposited.

I want you to send me your time Card for this week because you will be advised to deduct your paycheck from the total funds.

Keep me posted and confirm the receipt of this email immediately, very important.