If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#277022 by saltylime Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:40 pm
They are stlll using UpWork, here's the message I received today

Dear [NAME OMITTED]
We have reviewed your resume/cover letter from (Upwork Application). And you qualified for the position as you posses the required skills and experience for our available position.The available position is Virtual Assistant/Data Entry /Admin candidate.You need to undergo an online job briefing,it is now required for you to have Mrs Olivia Washington,the company, (INTERVIEW Manager) added to your Yahoo Messenger contact list for an online interview/job briefing.

If you don't have a yahoo messenger on your computer,Then go to www.messenger.yahoo.com to download one for free then Set up an ID with yahoo messenger and IM Mrs Olivia Washington.Her yahoo ID screen name is,([email protected]).She's online now,Instant-message her whenever you are ready

online briefing and interview hours is between the hours of 9 am-6 pm Monday through Friday.Feel free to email me back if you have questions.

Best Regards
Human Resources
Advertisement

#280653 by jonnytothedee Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 am
Currently they're under the name DeAngelis Diamond Healthcare Group. I'm 20 and still in school I was so excited for this job. Sucks that it's not real.
Here is the email.

Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you that your resume has been reviewed here at the co-operate human resources office of DeAngelis Diamond Healthcare Group. This is in regards to the available position of Accounting Manager, Accounting Payroll Clerk, Administrative Assistant,ACCOUNTING,Book keeping, Clerical Admin,Customer Service,Data Entry,Executive Assistant,Medical Billing/Coding,BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, Pension Manager,Receptionist and Front desk,healthcare billing,Human Resources Manager,Sr Engineer,Health caret available for immediate refill.

Your resume was reviewed due to the job AD and you have been enlisted among candidates shortlisted for an online interview. In order to apply and be able to seat for this interview you have to own a verified and valid G-mail address and also have an Google talk chat app or Hangout on your PC,Smart phone or any other device. If you don't have one kindly Log on to www.gmail.com to create an account after that is done download the app from you app store i.e for smart phone and for PC you can download one from the gmail webpage www.google.com/hangouts to download the app. After that you are required to go online over your chat app and then invite the Interview Manager to chat so as to conduct the interview with you. His name is Mr Larry Lacey, the G mail address is:([email protected])..And message him once you have added him on hangout with the gmail address provided.

You will get to know more about the company from him, your work benefits and lastly your work pay.

Best Regards:
Human Resources Department.
DeAngelis Diamond Healthcare Group
#280660 by HillBilly Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:15 pm
Thanks for the updated info Johnny, and also happy you were smart enough to search for information before you did something that could cost you in the long run.

please read these articles to help you avoid these types of scams in the future :
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44

http://www.scam-job-emails.tk/

#281126 by jlo12 Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 pm
It seems I have fallen for this scam as I type this. I have a so called recruiter from Edward Jones on my chat. Luckily I didn't provide too much information. I like the rest of you, should have gone with my gut. I knew there was no way it could be true, but I guess we all have that small part of us that likes to believe. I was skeptical since it was via chat, and I have never interviewed via chat, and there were several thing that stood out such as in the available roles – Medical Billing in an investment firm?? LOL Anyway….

Her email is [email protected]

The conversation is as follows. (Sorry for the formatting)

Brittany Beutow
Okay, Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an Okay

Me
Okay

Brittany Beutow
This is Edward Jones.. while we are about to start with the interview, I would like you to quickly have a look at the company's website: https://www.edwardjones.com/index.html. Let me know once done.

Me
Okay. I'm ready.

Brittany Beutow
Alright , This is strictly an online and work from home job and you can as well work from anywhere of your choice or anytime that does suit you.You can choose to work during Morning, Afternoon and even during evening let me know if you are interested so we can proceed?

Me
Okay. I'm interested

Brittany Beutow
The company moved into online work from home job 4 years back and has recorded high level of accomplishment within these short period of time,with the aim of serving the whole world and creating employment avenue for those who are outside the country and willing to work from home.

Me
Okay.

Brittany Beutow
The positions available are Data Entry Clerk,Accounting Clerk,Administrative
Assistant,Payroll, Medical biller, Bookkeeper,marketing sales,Bookkeeper,Office Assistant,Management,Customer services and IT Jobs. Which will you be capable of handling effectively If properly trained?

Me
I can effectively handle any/all of the following with proper training.

Brittany Beutow
Please select one position

Me
Payroll

Brittany Beutow
Very Good. This is strictly an online and work from home position,were all duties are performed remotely online,working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $30.75/$34 per hour,working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Another benefit of working from home,it allows an employee to focus in their environment,without the unnecessary office squander.

Can you work effectively as an online employee if you get hired?

Me
Yes, I can work effectively as an online employee.

Brittany Beutow
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents,identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database.

I assume you can handle All of these duties effectively if you get hired and trained?

Me
Yes ma'am. I can fulfill all of the listed requirements.

Brittany Beutow
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance,Employee Wellness and 401k plans,employee stock purchase plan(ESPP),Paid Time Off and Holidays. These takes place after working for the company after 30 days.

Me
Great.

Brittany Beutow
What are your Full Names,Age,Sex,Cell # and full home address where you are located?

Me
(Personal Information)

Brittany Beutow
I am going to ask you some questions now,Once done with your answers simply write (DONE) so i can go on with my next question.Are you ready ?

Me
Okay

Brittany Beutow
Are you currently employed?

Have you worked as an online employee before?
Are you seeking for part time or full time job?
How many hours per day are you available to work?

Me
(My response)
DONE

Brittany Beutow
Why do you want the job?

Do you have a printer,scanner,photocopier and Fax machine?
Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?
Do you know your typing speed?

Me
(My response)

DONE

Brittany Beutow
How would you like to be paid if been offered this position. Via Direct Deposit, Credit Card Transfer or check, what means of payment would you prefer weekly or Bi weekly?

What Bank Do you Operate with to see if it tallies with the company's official salary payment account ?

Me
(My response)

DONE

Brittany Beutow
What is the name of your bank you operate with ?

Me
(Personal Information)

Brittany Beutow
OK . I need you to hold on online for 5 minutes because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and ripe for this job and also for your consideration Stand. Please stay close to your PC.

Me
Okay. No problem. I will be here.

Brittany Beutow
I'm back, Due to your level of experience and communication skills the company has decided to give you a chance for you to work for the company and will like to see your diligence,Charisma,Commitment to this job. congratulations !!!

Me
Great!

Brittany Beutow
The company will be making available through the certified vendor, a brand new Laptop Computer, access to the company internet 4G Network and a full set of office equipments as all the necessary softwares will be installed on your laptop, then shipped to you via FedEx or the USPS.

Me
Okay.

Brittany Beutow
All available software's will be installed on the laptop by the vendor except the G1 Time Tracker Software program designed by a certified local manufacturer, which will be used to evaluate your work hours from the company server for your payment purpose. I believe you understand me

Me
Yes.

Brittany Beutow
You will be required to make order for these program directly from the manufacturer so that all software's will be pre-installed as a whole and ready for delivery to enable you commence training as soon as possible. NOTE: You will be reimbursed for the order of the software along with your first paycheck

Me
Okay

Brittany Beutow
As a regular employee of the Company, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits. In addition, you will be entitled to paid vacation in accordance, with the Company's vacation policy, as in effect from time to time.

Me
Great

Brittany Beutow
It will cost you $1350 , I believe you can handle the cost ?

Me
I will need to check my budget as I was recently laid off.

Brittany Beutow
Oh Okay you want to do the check right now and get back to me ?

Me
To whom and when would I need to make the payment?

Brittany Beutow
The company's vendor

Me
can you send me the information and you contact number, I will contact you once I've had a chance to review my budget.

Brittany Beutow
You can contact me here
I am always on here with other employees as well.

Me
Okay. You don't have an office number?

Brittany Beutow
I just informed you i am available here

Me
Okay. Thank you.

Brittany Beutow
You only contact the available source .

Me
Okay. I will be in touch. Thank you.

Brittany Beutow
So i am available here .
How long do you want us to keep holding the position ?

Me
I will let you know in one business day.

Brittany Beutow
1 Business day
I am so sorry we can only hold the information for few minutes .

Me
Okay. Well, I will have to pass at this time.
Thank you for your time.

Brittany Beutow
Okay bye

********* Following my refusal to provide her with an answer right way, she blocked me from hangouts*********

Good Luck! I'm glad I googled and found this site. I would have never given my actual bank account information without talking to or speaking to someone in person.

I hope this reaches someone so they don't fall for it!
#281135 by HillBilly Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 pm
if your real name is in the post please remove it and replace it with "me" like you did at the bottom of your post.

Chances are good your scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal your ID, they only wanted your money. They can now impersonate you, though.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

You should try to report the scam to your local police, if you are in the USA then also the IC3, and if you are in the UK then actionFraud. If you are not in the US or UK try going to http://econsumer.gov/ and see if yours is a member country.