If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#286936 by Lindy Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 am
I was selling an item on ebay and was contacted via email from someone who wanted to pay direct to my bank and asked me to post to Nigeria, I refused and asked her to go through ebay and pay via paypal she eventually said she had paid and gave an alternative address in New York, after numerous emails she insisted the money had been paid to paypal but would not be released until I provided a tracking number! she told me to go to [email protected] and leave the tracking number there and then the money would be released, obviously there is no such thing and is another scam. Warning to anyone selling on ebay, make them go through the correct channel and pay via paypal.
Advertisement

#286943 by vonpaso xlura Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:51 am
What email address did she contact you from? Could you post the email?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#286944 by Tim Atem Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:52 am
Thank you for reporting this scammer. Can you post some of the emails/messages she sent you (with your personal information removed)?

Anyone who tries to pay outside of the eBay/Paypal system and/or wants the item shipped to odd places or Africa is a scam. Next time, just drop the scammer. Even if they paid through Paypal for real, those funds could still be reversed, could be from an innocent victim or stolen accounts or credit cards. It's best to play it safe and drop them all together.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5