If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#288184 by vpnsrnap Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:45 pm
Mr. Simon Allotey - Don't be swindled by this man!!!! Here is my storey:

Initial correspondence was made to me via e-mail on Dec 27, 2015 by William Emmad,
Assistant Inspection Director
Honolulu International Airport
300 Rodgers Boulevard,
Honolulu, HI 96819, USA;

William notified me of an abandoned package at Honolulu airport with my name on it containing USD $8, 500,000.00 . The consignment box was not delivered due to the amount of money in fees requested that I could not pay. Diplomat Kuffor from the UN was sent to deliver the box but was unsuccessful in delivering it.

On Jan 1, 2016 I contacted Mr. Simon Allotey of the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
Kotoka International Airport (KIA)
Accra, Ghana.

I made contact as Diplomat Kuffor who was to deliver the consignment box to me initially indicated that he handed over to the UN and that I could still be the recipient of it.

What I hadn't anticipated were the fees I was asked to pay for delivery. This totalled $1,476.00 USD / $2,268.64 Canadian equivalent including Western Union and Ria transfer fees for: 1. An International Security Seal ($776.00), 2. An International Monetary Funds fee of $700.00 USD (my portion).
I was then asked to pay $650.00 USD to hire a security van for Diplomat Kwame to deliver the box to me. I didn't have the funds to pay this, so the box wasn't delivered. Mr. Allotey became very aggressive asking that I ask family and friends for money and when I said ‘no’ as it was against my principles, he then said I was at fault for not having the box delivered.
Mr. Allotey had given me his written guarantee that he would refund me the fees if the box wasn't delivered. The box wasn't delivered and the fees have not been reimbursed as promised. In fact, he has not even had the decency to respond to my texts over the past 7-10 days. This speaks to the lack of integrity and honesty of this man.
Don't get involved with this scam - he will take your money, make an empty promise and you'll never see your money again, regardless of what he said.
Ann
Advertisement

#288188 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:57 pm
Hello vpnsrnap,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this crime. Everything this person told you was a lie to steal money from you.
Please post the emails asking for payments to be sent and include the email addresses and telephone numbers used in this scam. This information will help others who may be searching for information on this scammer.

Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon