If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#289023 by HillBilly Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:02 pm
uw. you really should edit out that city / province from your prior post. Scammers read this board as well as the general public and that could ID you as one of their vics causing them to celebrate and change their info for that character they played.

Use the pencil looking button to edit your post :wink:

Advertisement

#292262 by wenksjames Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am
I have an update on my situation. Michelle has started opening my emails recently. I have noticed that her IP is now in Australia. She finally responded to me again today but with claims she is innocent and that i will regret what i have done. I have asked her to explain why her ip came from Africa an this is her response.

"you're mad and sick which i think you need to go and see a doctor do you think i didn't see all your blackmainling on those scam site you've posted all my life into, if that's all you will do to bring your money back please continue doing it, the problem you put me into UAE has not been sorted out,even cost me more money , so how do you think i'm going to get money to pay you when you're the one cause the whole problem and you cant even mentioned it on your post that you're the causes of everything so keep blackmailing me around well i will like to see you do your worst you can do more i even regret i met someone like you in my life. now i have evidence of blackmailing cuz i never said i'm not going to pay you back but instead for you to be patience you just continue to do more worse for yourself so if that's what you think you will do to bring your money back please continue doing it. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=118709,i'm waiting to see more you can do if you think that's the solution to the problems we're both going through."

"You're just selfish of yourself didnt i told you to let me handle things the way i know its going to be better for us but you will not listen that why you brought me into more troubles and you keep asking me to pay you back your money can you please go back to all those places you've damaged my name and correct it back? i pity you by the time i'll come for you , you will regret all your action i am telling you . what i am owing is money right? when you've clean my name tell me and i'll then know you're ready to receive your money back but without that i am sorry no money from me. since your imagination told you i am a scammer so how do you think you will get your money back from a scammer ?

Look i dont owns you any explanation cuz you cause the whole problem, dont you know the bank you contacted in UK contact the bank here in dubai so that how i got into trouble if you want to find our out may be you should contact them back am sure they will tell you what they do, i dont know the fucking website you said you trace my ip from i never been in that country you're talking about so to me i dont think you know what you're talking about. i might not have access to email anymore so just incase you didnt read from me anymore bye."
#292263 by wenksjames Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:08 pm
She has also threatened me that she will use my money to take me to court over what i have done with her life info. She blames me for getting her in trouble in Dubai when she was the one that got some bogus website myarbutt.com pretending to confirm her story so that i would transfer her some money. I notified the real Abuthnot-Latham email to confirm if "myarbutt.com" was apart of their bank. This is their response

"Arbuthnot-Latham Bank <[email protected]>
Good Day

Concerning your inquiry, we can confirm to you that, we are currently handling Certification and Dealership license of MISS MICHELLE SCOTT An Australian intending to Export Numbers of Highly regulated Gem-Stones.

Our policy wouldn't allow us to disclose some relevant information concerning MISS MICHELLE SCOTT, but we can once again confirm to you that, Her Information was forwarded to Us from the United Arab Emirate's Exportation Regulatory Body, in order to facilitates the issuance of the requirements.

Also&nbsp ;A required amount of 9% of the total valued is required for the certification of the GEM STONES and Covers TRANSPORT INSURANCE, this amount to $ 31,128.72.

Dealer's license Certificate fee $ 3,400.00.

At the same time, we will like to clarify that since the ASIAN GEMEOLOGICAL INSTITUTES has not open their Physical Office yet in Dubai. we are going to get all the necessary papers license and Certified By The GEMEOLOGICAL INTERNATIONAL BODY, to whom the ASIAN GEMEOLOGICAL INSTITUTES Happens to be a Sub-Body to.

We are please to let you know that, all details provided and our conversation has been recorded for Official Purpose.

Thanks

Jamal AL-Mustapha"

"[email protected]
Good afternoon

Thank you for your e-mails, apologies you did not receive a response from us in relation to your query.

I can confirm that the website detailed in your e-mail is not genuine.

I have advised our I.T. Department who will ensure the site is fully shut down.

In regards to your concerns, if you have any further enquiries these will either need to be directed to your bank or the police.

Kind regards

Private Banking Assistant
Private Banking Assistants

Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
Arbuthnot House
7 Wilson Street
London
EC2M 2SN

Tel: +44 (0)20 7012 2600
Fax +44 (0)20 7012 2501

[email protected]
http://www.arbuthnotlatham.co.uk

Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority."

Sent: 07 March 2016 03:05
To: Bankingx
Subject: Re: Need help.

I know you guys are very busy with what you do but if you have a heart please let me know what is going on. I really need closure as to wether or not i have been scammed. I noticed the website pretending to be your bank has been taken offline. Do you guys need proof of their activities? or are they really part of your bank?

Many thanks

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:55 PM, wrote:
To whom this may concern,

Could you guys please let me know what is going on? I have yet to recieve a response from you guys regarding the fake website. I would really appreciate it if someone could respond to this email to let me know whats going on. I need closure on wether or not i have been scammed.

Many thanks

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 1:21 PM,wrote:
To whom this may concern,

My name is , i am writing to you guys today to ask you if you have any other websites in dubai? The reason i ask this is because i have stumbled across a website pretending to be your bank. I suspect they are trying to scam people.

http://www.myarbutt.com/

These guys have the same logo, they are writing to people pretending to be you guys. Could you please inform me if this website i have linked is one of yours? or is it some scammers?

Many thanks"

Apparently by me inquiring wether or not "myarbutt.com" is part of their bank in Dubai caused her to be taken to court in Dubai which makes no sense. Why would she be held accountable if i never once mentioned her name to the real bank.
#292266 by wenksjames Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 pm
What do you guys think i should do? She seems very adamant that i have wrongly accused her and clearly demands to have her name cleared. I really hope i am wrong about all this but there are just too many things that dont add up, She also refuses to explain anything to me so i have no idea as to what i should do.
#292272 by Tim Atem Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:38 pm
As you've been told in previous posts, the person you are dealing with is a scammer. She is not real and is probably not even female.

You need to stop communicating with her, ignore her emails, they're empty threats. No scammer is going to sue someone for not being part of their scam.

I hope you've filed the appropriate police reports as advised, and drop all contact with her. Let her think you fell off the face of the planet.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#292277 by wenksjames Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:50 pm
What i dont understand is why he or she would come all the way to Australia just to threaten me or why ask for her name to be cleared? why not just take on a new identity to scam others?
#292293 by AlanJones Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:11 pm
wenksjames wrote:why ask for her name to be cleared? why not just take on a new identity to scam others?

He has other victims on the hook, who have found your posts here and are now questioning him, so he wants to get you to remove the posts so that he can carry on scamming them. Asking you nicely hasn't worked, so he's turned to what all scammers do when they don't get their own way and started getting threatening. He's like a school bully, he will happily pick on people that he sees as weaker than himself, but as soon as someone stands up to him, he'll disappear like the pathetic creature he really is.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.