If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#289301 by HillBilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:23 am
(818) 495-5384
Owner's name hidden for privacy reasons

Owner is based in Pasadena, CA
VoIP - Google Voice

Advertisement

#291700 by Coolnigh Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:53 am
They scammed me this week in Providence, RI! I have been searching online for a week trying to find anything I can about them but nothing! I even called the owner of the building they are "renting" in and he said there is no owner with that name but still I was hopeful. They asked us today to moneygram them and I did one last search and found this thread. You just saved me $1000. He told us get is army Sargent Michael B. Delacruz.
#291701 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am glad we were able to help.

Can you post any new email address, phone numbers and scripts he used. This will help others if they search for the information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#291707 by Coolnigh Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:52 am
Here is the original reply from him:

Hello C-,

I am sorry for the late response to your email, i have been busy working on base.

I appreciate what I read from you, also forwarded your mail to my wife, she thinks you would be a good tenant.

We own the unit , my wife and I lived in there before my impromptu deployment, my wife could have stayed back but she is heavily pregnant, she had to move back with her parents in Iowa, it is our first.

We can rent out the property for couple of years depending on the duration you would like to stay because I will be here for 4 years but I will be checking on the property almost every 4 months during my break.

This would be our first time of renting out the unit, we also reduced the rent because we want a proper care for the unit in our absence.

My name is Sgt. Michael B. Delacruz, I belong to the the 3rd Infantry Division of the US Army.

Also you can contact me to this number 2028276982, preferably text because of my schedule.

I do understand your need to view the apartment before making your decision, I would have loved to meet you in person also but I had to leave for base ASAP.
I did talked to a friend about holding on to the keys just to help with the unit showing in our absence but she said she is too busy for such a domestic issue , we also thought of giving the unit to an agent but they charge way too much, which would prompt an increment to the rent against our wish.

The room is 10'0 x 12.6 while the living room is 15'6 x 11'0 , the unit comes with a big storage .
I sent you the building address already , you can drive by, the suite is on the first floor, unit 4

All unit owner in the complex pays an annual levies which is responsible for the Internet, Cable ,Water ,Garbage and little maintenance, I paid that already , you'll be responsible for Electricity and Heating.

The unit is available for May 1st, you will have to make a down payment of the security deposit if you would want us to keep the unit for you till June.

Also there is a parking space to the unit.

The keys and other document to the unit would be sent to your present address through the UPS by my wife when all term has been met.
There is a rental application form I will have to prepare for you to complete and scan back to me, if you are still interested in our property, let me know if I should prepare and send that to your email.

Regards

In the very beginning we tried to find him on social media just to check him out - nothing. they we search the rest of the internet - nothing. then i tried to verify his military duty but didn't have enough info on him. then i called the City Treasurer to verify property ownership, but his name was not associated with any apartment in that building. then i called the real estate agency that rents the apartments next to his, but his name was not the name associated with the apartment (that's all they'd say). so i thought maybe it was in his wife's name or something. finally i found the owner of the entire building and contacted them. they said that name is not the owner of any of their properties. we even went to the property and it was empty but the inside did not look like the photos. we thought we had the wrong unit #.

so we filled out the rental application they sent us. we it didn't ask for social security but we did give our driver's license info as well as the contact info of references. our last email was asking them for proof of ownership and this morning's email from them is:

Hello xxxxx,

You will have all that sent to you through UPS.

My wife has gotten the package ready for sending to the address you provided through the UPS, you are to send her the security deposit alone( $1000), you will be making rent payment after receiving the package and access to the unit.

She would make a refund of the payment IF you don't like our suite whereby you will send back the keys and document sent to you but I am certain you will love our suite.

You are to make the payment through Moneygram to

Name.... Lisette Delacruz .
Address.. 301 Lake Ave N Storm Lake, IA 50588, USA

Get back to me with the payment details, she would be sending the package to the address immediately she receives that, I will be updating you with the UPS tracking information when she has sent the package.

Notify also if you want the package sent to another address besides the one on the rental document.

We won't be replying. Good luck to anyone else who gets scammed by them.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed text in "Code".
#291744 by HillBilly Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 am
202 is a DC area code, but being a Google Voice # it can be accessed anywhere that email can be accessed from.

(202) 827-6982
Owner's name hidden by for privacy reasons

Owner is based in Washington, DC
[b]VoIP - Google Voice[/b]

#299777 by annietae Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Happened to me, and I almost got cheated! In Squamish, BC, Canada.
Second email from him!

Hello xxxx

I am sorry for responding late to your email, i have been busy settling down on my new base.
I appreciate what I read from you, also forwarded your mail to my wife, she thinks you would be a good tenant.
We own the unit , my wife and I lived in there before my impromptu deployment, my wife could have stayed back but she is heavily pregnant, she had to move back with her parents in Iowa, it is our first.

We can rent out the property for couple of years, also depending on the duration you would like to stay because I will be here for 4 years or more but I will be checking on the property sometimes during my break.

This would be our first time of renting out the unit.

My name is Sgt. Michael B. Delacruz, I belong to The Royal Canadian Dragoons.

Also you can contact me to this number 6175063845 , preferably text because of my busy schedule.

I do understand your need to view the apartment ,i would have loved to meet you in person also but I had to leave for base ASAP.
We met with a property manager to help with the rent but we couldn't work with him because of his charges, going by his arrangement the rent would be far higher than what we proposed, we do want a proper care for the suite in our absence against high rent.

The room is 11'2 x 10'6 while the living room is 15'6 x 11'0 , the unit has a spacious storage .
I sent you the building address already , you can drive by, the suite is on the first floor, unit 27

All unit owner in the building pays an annual levies which is responsible for the Internet, Cable ,Water ,Garbage and little maintenance, I paid that already , you'll be responsible for Electricity and Heating.

Keys and other document to the unit would be sent to your present address through UPS by my wife once all term has been met.
There is a rental application form I'd want you completed and scan back to me, let me know if I should prepare and attach that to your email.

Regards.

How come this guy is still doing scams online, and no one put him into jail?!
Luckily I did not fill his application and found out this post!
#299797 by HillBilly Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:20 pm
annietae wrote:Happened to me, and I almost got cheated! In Squamish, BC, Canada.

glad it was "almost" cheated and not cheated, annietae. That is the main purpose of this site.
annietae wrote:How come this guy is still doing scams online, and no one put him into jail?!
Luckily I did not fill his application and found out this post!

"This guy" is probably in Western Africa using free Google accounts and the #'s that he can get for free with them making it appear as if he is in the western hemisphere. The fact is there are not enough resources to go through all of the international jurisdictions to make an arrest / prosecution worth anyone's while.

(617) 506-3845
6175063845 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in MA

#299799 by halfaglass Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 pm
Information Provided by Advertiser

Name: Sgt. Michael J. Delacruz
Phone: 617-506-3845
Email: [email protected]
Occupation: The Royal Canadian Dragoons, army, military, sergeant, Sgt.
Advertisement/Open house: Ad may possibly be posted on the same day as its listed open house (therefore viewings are not possible)

Information Listed in This Thread

Name(s):

Sgt. James M. Delacruz
Michael B. Delacruz
Sgt. Michael J. Delacruz
Michael J. Delacruz
Michael Delacruz
Michael James
James Michael
Sgt. Michael Walden
Michael Walden
Lisette Delacruz

Email Address:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Phone

818-495-5384
617-506-3845

Address

322 Lake Ave N Storm Lake, IA 50588, USA

Occupational Terms:

The Royal Canadian Dragoons
Army
Military
Sergeant
Sgt.
Base
New base
Deploy
Deployed
Redeployed
Deployment
Impromptu
Leave
Leaving
Before leaving
Next leave
Break
Next break
Schedule
Busy schedule
Settling down
ASAP

Other Terms and Phrases

Having issues with her bank account
Due to relocation
Moneygram
You can drive by
Drive by
But I am trusting my gut
Trusting my instincts
Meet you but I had to leave
Would have loved to meet you
Liked to meet you
Wanted to meet you
Meet in person during my next
I'd like to know
Know more about you
In our absence
How well you can
Had the open house already just didn't
Didn't like the 2 people
Didn't like
Checking
Before checking
Almost every four months
Forwarded your mail to my wife
She thinks you would
You would be a good tenant
Heavily pregnant
Iowa
Had to move back
ASAP
Care for the suite in our absence
Against high rent
Keys and other document to the unit would be sent
Would be sent
Will be sent
Will send
Your present address
Your current address
Your address
Not comfortable
Not comfortable renting
Renting out the property through this means
UPS
By my wife once the documents
Couldn't work with him because of his charges
Talked to a friend about holding on to the keys

Email Messages from Advertiser

The unit is still available , I am in the army, just been redeployed to another base, I want good people taking care of the suite in our absence.

I had the open house already just didn't like the 2 people that came around before leaving for base.

Long/short rental term is OK.

Here is the building address .....155 Sherbrook St, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2B5

I'd like to know more about you and how well you can take care of the unit in our absence.

I am sorry for responding late to your email, i have been busy settling down on my new base.

We can rent out the property for couple of years, also depending on the duration you would like to stay because I will be here for 4 years or more but I will be checking on the property almost every 4 months during my break.

This would be our first time of renting out the unit.

My name is Sgt. Michael J. Delacruz, I belong to The Royal Canadian Dragoons.

Also you can contact me to this number 6175063845 , preferably text because of my busy schedule.

I do understand your need to view the apartment ,i would have loved to meet you in person also but I had to leave for base ASAP.
We met with a property manager to help with the rent but we couldn't work with him because of his charges, going by his arrangement the rent would be far higher than what we proposed, we do want a proper care for the suite in our absence against high rent.

The room is 11'2 x 10'6 while the living room is 15'6 x 11'0 , the unit has a spacious storage .
I sent you the building address already , you can drive by, the suite is on the first floor, unit 242

All unit owner in the building pays an annual levies which is responsible for the Internet, Cable ,Water ,Garbage and little maintenance, I paid that already , you'll be responsible for Electricity and Heating.

Keys and other document to the unit would be sent to your present address through UPS by my wife once all term has been met.
There is a rental application form I'd want you completed and scan back to me if you are still interested in our unit, let me know if I should prepare and attach that to your email.

Regards.

The suite is in perfect condition, you will love it when you eventually move in.

I am not comfortable renting out the property through this means but i am trusting my gut , we get to meet in person during my next break.

It comes with large storage , Front closet, in-suite washer/dryer , dishwasher , fridge and stove.

Attached is the rental application form, I'd want you to complete and scan back to me.

Key and documents to the suite would be sent to your present address through UPS by my wife once terms are met between us, we get to meet in person during my next break..

Regards.
#299885 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:32 pm
1-818-495-5384 is in Pasadena-La Cañada, California.
1-617-506-3845 is in Dorchester, Massachusetts, as mentioned above.
It is not certain that the scammer is in West Africa. It is 100% certain that he is African and that he has never been in North America.

If anyone else comes here because of searching for text in this message, stop talking to the scammer and don't tell him why.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10