If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#290314 by Dinious88 Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:04 pm
Dear all,

I am the victim of a work from home scam . I feel horrible right now and cannot get this off my mind. I found a part time work from home job form indeed.com . The instruction was to buy a printer , checks, and envelope. Joann says she is a employee for MMOG. She told me this part time position will need to print and mail out check to the company's employee. She instruct me step by step on how to create the check the way she wanted. She also provide me with the information for the checks. Well i printed and mail about 10 to 20 checks . I started to become suspicious of this job from the things she messaged to me over google chat. So , i search online and learnt about the payroll scam. Payroll scam is when someone print fruadulent checks (unknowingly) and mail them out. I am afraid right now because i have anxiety and do not know what to do in this situation. Upon finding out that this job is scam , i stop all communication with Joann and stop performing the job. I wonder what should i do now? I am thinking of contacting the US postal inspector tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help
Advertisement

#290315 by HillBilly Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:11 pm
if you live in the US, or sent mail through the US Postal System, then yes you should contact your local US Postal Inspector's office as soon as possible. Take all of your proof with you to show you are a victim of this scam ( emails, other documents you may have received in USPS mail or otherwise). Be prepared to give originals to the USPI, but keep copies for yourself for your own use later.

Here is a link to find your local USPI's office : https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm

You should also report it to the IC3, or maybe ask the USPI if you need to report it to the IC3. The IC3 can be found here : https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

#290317 by Mike Wilson Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:47 pm
Hello Dinious88,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this scam. Please post the scammers email address and telephone number if he has one. Also post the email that described the the tasks that he wanted you to perform, be sure to remove your personal information before posting.
This information will help others avoid this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#290363 by Dinious88 Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 pm
The person claim to be Joann Cabe , email is [email protected] .

I have recently called the United State Postal Inspector number and they instructed me to file a report on website. I then proceed to file a claim on their online website . Is there any other things i should do? I feel so bad for failing for this and would like to put this entire thing behind me. Are there any other people on here that heard of similar experiences? I would like to hear typical experiences and the outcomes.

Thank you for your help.
#290372 by HillBilly Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:08 pm
thanks for posting the info Mike asked for.

Dinious88 wrote: Is there any other things i should do? .... Are there any other people on here that heard of similar experiences? I would like to hear typical experiences and the outcomes.

Did you ask the PI about filing a report on the IC3? I don't see how it can hurt, but the PI's office is a part of the IC3, so it might be wasted effort on your part.

I'm sure if you read in the "employment scams" forum here viewforum.php?f=34 then you can find many similar stories. Use the search function to narrow down your results.

Please don't feel bad about "falling for this".... you were conned by a professional conman, that makes you a victim.

#292737 by Terminator5 Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:58 am
Can you also post a link to the scam ad on indeed.com so we can examine it .

Thx

Also post their recruitment emails . This will help warn other potential victims of this " Fake Check Mule Scam "

Thx

Daniel 8 :25
#305501 by KevinMomForever Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:35 pm
I was victim of same payroll scam but fortunately for me none of the checks went out due to my printer making blurry usps labels so they never were sent to the sender, Now this same fellow has asked me he has another job for me which entails me receiving a money gram and sending the money via money gram to people out of the country,,,, No thanks, I want to report him. Im not sure how to go about it,,, I never received emails just text messages. I have saved all the checks sent to be printed and the labels to be printed. This fellow his email is [email protected]/ if it helps anyone.
#305509 by Terminator5 Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm
Report this on the ic3 website. You can post whatever details the scammer is using here on this thread

Daniel 8 :25