If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#295335 by bjraji7 Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 am
Yesterday I was contacted by a girl on Facebook. She said she was from the Philippines and was adding people because she was bored. We talked for a little and she was very nice and seemed real. She then asked me to Skype with her. I didn't want to at first and tried using video chat on Facebook but she wouldn't respond. I finally used Skype and a video of her came on the screen. The call ended and she told asked me if I was a naughty boy. I said yes and she recalled me and stripped for me. She then ended the call and asked me to show her my ****. I stupidly agreed. Then a video came up on the screen of me pulling out my ***** and rubbing it. The video had my face in it. The scammer started typing in all caps. He said he would only delete the video for $5000. I said I didn't have that money and he made a deal for $1000. He told me to transfer through Western Union. Again, I stupidly agreed and took pictures of every step like he told me to. Some pictures contained my credit card and address. In the first transfer I spelled his name wrong. I did it again and it said it would take 1-3 days to send to money and he told me he wanted it now. This whole time he was yelling at me and threatening to put up the video if I don't send the money.

Finally, I talked to a man online on Western Union and told him of my situation. He told me to talk to the fraud department of Western Union. I did and they told me to talk to the cops. I called 911 and the Deputy told me to stop all contact and cancel the transaction and my credit cards. So I blocked the man on Facebook and Skype and cancelled the transactions and credit cards. He added me under another name with the video attached and I blocked this account. The whole rest of the night nothing happened and I thought it was over. However, the next day I got texts from my sister and friends saying someone was making a fake account of me. I checked on Facebook. The man made an account under my name, put pictures of me from the video on it, added the video, and sent it to my friends and family. I requested Facebook to take it down and they did in 20 minutes. I was so embarrassed and I still don't know how many people have seen it (except for my sister, cousin, neighbor, sisters friend, and two friends in college). Fortunately, I know the account was up for 2 hours or less because I checked my Facebook two hours before and had no requests. I went to the sheriff's department and wrote out a written statement. I told my mom what happened as well. Luckily, the man gave me a good amount of contact information including his phone number, name, and address when I was trying to send the money to him. Although I doubt this is real, it may help in the investigation.

After talking with my mom and the police officer I feel much better. It was just a scam and I was an innocent victim of it. If anyone asks why I sent the video I will tell them this because it is the truth. I hope if I ignore it people will forget about it in the future. I know girls in my high school who had naked pictures of them put online. Although I remember this when it is brought up in conversation, I never look at them in a bad way because of it. I am just happy I was able to get help from so many people during and after the event which helped me from sending the money and feeling less stressed.

I have read some posts here and they say that scammers will usually not follow through with their threats. I think I made the guy mad while I was talking with him because I wasted so much of his time. In addition, when he found out the transactions were cancelled he probably got mad and made the profile.

I have learned a very valuable lesson from this. I always thought scamming was obvious and that I would never fall for it. However, its not true. It can really happen to anyone. This guy was extremely convincing and I was not being careful. I will never be nude on the internet ever again and I don't think anyone else should be either, it is way too risky and you don't get any benefit.

I was lucky I did not lose any money and the account was taken down. However, I will always have it hanging over my head that a video of me naked is on the internet somewhere. All I can hope is that the guy will never post it again. Maybe the detectives will even be able to catch him. I really do not wish this upon anyone. Please be careful on the internet and, just as your mom told you when you were younger, don't talk to strangers (or at least don't trust them right away).
Advertisement

#295338 by Terminator5 Wed May 18, 2016 2:20 am
Please post or private message whatever details you have on these criminals . Also be sure to file a report on the ic3 website

Daniel 8 :25
#295370 by Tim Atem Wed May 18, 2016 7:41 am
I'm sorry this happened to you - this is a blackmail scam. This thread explains the scams and what you should do - read the first post here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5