If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#300230 by poisonedpeach Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:33 pm
Hello everyone. I just joined this lovely site here and for a very upsetting reason. My poor grandmother has been scammed multiple times.

My grandmother is a wonderful woman in her late 50s. Her husband of 38 years divorced her with no warning, and does not pay alimony. She has been looking for love on OurTime.com, but has had nothing but bad experiences. The first was a man claiming to be in the military. He wasn't, and I can't remember where but I found the real man's Facebook and the same scam was featured on this website somewhere. The second was a man who claimed that he and his son had a car business, transporting cars from America to Africa. Apparently there was a "problem" and he wanted her to send him $1,000! She doesn't have that kind of money and quickly realized the scam, ending the "relationship".

This last time was very obviously a scam. The details are as follows:

- Goes by the name of Kelly Hetrick. Claims to be Swedish, though when they first spoke on the phone my grandmother believed him to be Indian.
- Says he has an 18 year old daughter that does not live with him but will be returning. My grandmother is 58 years old, and it should have been a red flag when he told her he wanted to move in together and, in the future, "chase their children around the house".
- It seems to be a love scam because he proclaimed love and deleted his OurTime profile within TWO DAYS of speaking to my grandmother! He said he wanted to get married, buy a house, and be in love forever. What an actor, this one. :roll:
- Was supposed to meet with her, but the day before he was sent to Mexico on "business" and couldn't make it.
- Gained her trust by saying sweet things, rarely calling her by her first name (another trick of course, as we all know). He also bought her $52 in pizza one day, and $100+ in pizza a few days later. Clearly he was using scam money from someone else for this.
- The last thing he did was say he was sending her $1,000 in the mail, plus extra for her to send to "his workers" (he claimed he was an engineer). He sent a total of $11,000 in the mail! Each was a cashier's check from a real bank, but when my grandmother asked the bank teller about it the teller called the bank and they informed her that they never issued checks that came in the format that these did. All $11,000 was fraudulent! If she had cashed them, she would have been in big trouble and the money would likely have been untraceable due to the fact that no man named Kelly Hetrick even comes up in a simple google or Facebook search.

Here are 4 pictures he sent to her of "himself":

Here are some personal bits of information that he gave her, supposedly all legitimate:

Email: [email protected]
Phone numbers (he used multiple): 213-222-6459 & 1-424-242-9250 & 995-557-751-277 (I am not even sure what kind of phone number the last one is!)
Name is Kelly Hetrick as I've stated

Here is an email he wrote to her (it is very clear he is 'love scamming' and he never uses her name once):

Here is a picture of one of the fraudulent checks as well:

There were 8 of those in total. Next, here's a picture of a text message he sent her about the money:

You can see how urgent he is in wanting her to get it all done quickly.

My reason for posting this here is to let people know that seniors or near-seniors are definitely targeted. If my grandmother hadn't been so technologically-advanced she might not have known to be so wary. Apologies for it being so long!
Last edited by poisonedpeach on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#300231 by Terminator5 Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm
This was a money mule scam . Good thing you checked with the bank . Also note the name and images are almost certainly stolen . They need to be fake marked here :

http://www.scamwarners.com/main/

(213) 222-6459
2132226459 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

(424) 242-9250
4242429250 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

Country Code 995-557 , Bat'Umi, Ajaria, Georgia .
+995-557751277

Daniel 8 :25
#300232 by poisonedpeach Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 pm
Terminator5 wrote:This was a money mule scam . Good thing you checked with the bank . Also note the name and images are almost certainly stolen . They need to be fake marked here :

http://www.scamwarners.com/main/

(213) 222-6459
2132226459 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

(424) 242-9250
4242429250 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

Country Code 995-557 , Bat'Umi, Ajaria, Georgia .
+995-557751277

Thank you!! I traced the number to Georgia as well but wasn't sure if I should include it or not.
#300233 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

You will need to post a couple emails he sent your grandmother remove her personal information prior to posting.

Also you need to watermark the photo's so they are not re-used. Just post them again. I will remove them shortly.

Use http://www.scamwarners.com/main/ mark the photo's as "Stolen". Blot out any children faces or do not post them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#300234 by poisonedpeach Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:50 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners,

You will need to post a couple emails he sent your grandmother remove her personal information prior to posting.

Also you need to watermark the photo's so they are not re-used. Just post them again. I will remove them shortly.

Use http://www.scamwarners.com/main/ mark the photo's as "Stolen". Blot out any children faces or do not post them.

Okay, I will do it as soon as I am on a computer.
#300235 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:52 pm
Thanks,

We just need some emails with scam evidence and photo's marked.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#300236 by poisonedpeach Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:27 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Thanks,

We just need some emails with scam evidence and photo's marked.

Edited the post and added watermarked photos. I'm not sure how old the girl in the photos is so I blacked her face out. Added a picture of email, fraud check, and text message.
#300237 by Terminator5 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:30 pm
Could you please copy and paste the wording from the scam emails . This will help warn other potential victims of this Money Mule Scam.

Thx

#300238 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:32 pm
Can you copy and pasted the email. Scammer will use scripts. We need potential victims to be able to search parts of the script.

The bots do not pick up screenshots.

Also the bots do not pickup edited post. Thats why I wanted a new post.

ETA: T5 beat me to it.

#300240 by poisonedpeach Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:38 pm
I have done quite a bit here. This is the email, copied and pasted.

Kelly Hetrick <[email protected]>
To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Good Morning my endless queen my sunshine and my everything.. I was so blessed to wake up this morning with a smile on my face knowing someone cares and love me . I don't know what else to say because what i feel inside for you is for REAL and its so big.

I want you to know that we all deserve to be loved in LIFE and once you find them keep it save. I want everything to be like surprise because life itself is full of surprises, I just want people to see the real reason why will need to be together as lover.....

I understand you have family that loves you i am also a family kind of person that love family dinner gathering and so on. I will like us to talk on how we can meet and let both take our relationship to the next level.

Seriously you bring out the best in me and there is so much good news moving around me right now because you came to my life when everything looks dark you bring light back to it so coming into my life is a blessing that i believe we are meant for each other let both trust and be honest to each other.

And this love that i have for you is for real and i am ready to grow old with you and treat you as my queen forever. Be there for you hold your hands and love you unconditional because you are worth every smile in this world. So far i keep thinking back on how you came to my life seriously what will be in life will surely be for over years it was delayed but now i found you and i am ready to keep you safe in my arms forever.

My queen i just want you to know that i remember each and every detail how i sent you a smile then a text and after a mail it was a blessing to me and having you has been an answer to my prayers. I will always love you. My heart belongs to you and ONLY you. I never want you to forget that. I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with someone so fast ... but, this has totally proved me wrong. I am truly happy to be with you. You are my everything and I will do anything for you. I will never leave your side i will always love u forever.

If I could pick any woman in the world to spend every moment of the rest of my life with it would be you. If I had a choice to have all the treasures in the world or spend my life with you, I would not even think twice... I would be with you. I am not sure how I got so lucky to have you as my Queen, but I know I am the luckiest man alive, because I am with you.

My desire for you grows with each day that passes. I love everything about you. You are a warm, loving, sensitive, charming woman with a sense of humor. I find you very attractive. Words do not have to be spoken to know how you feel about me too. When I look into your eyes, I can feel your desire for me. I only want to be with you, please you, give you the same happiness that you have given to me. If I were granted but one wish, it would be to spend an eternity with you.

In all the dreams I've had in life, being with someone as great of a person as you, seemed impossible to find. You are everything I dreamed of and even more. I am writing this to you to tell you in front of the world... I LOVE YOU, My Queen ! I will give you my life, my love and share everything I have to offer with you. I will Honor you, cherish you, be loyal to you, and put no one else before you, forever! Please stay by my side as my Queen for all eternity. My heart mind, body and soul are yours. Simply...

Each and every words you say feels like the first and my love for you grows stronger and stronger as the seconds, minutes, hours and days go by. I love you with all of my heart, mind, body and soul and I always will. Baby, Missing you already Hugs and Kisses xoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Your King
Kelly
#300241 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 pm
For the bots.

These pictures are possibly stolen for fraud or identity theft.

#300244 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:23 am
I see no Russian in the way the email is written. It looks West African to me. The Kartuli (Georgian) language is no relation to Russian, and I know next to nothing of it.

According to Wikipedia, area code 557 in Georgia belongs to a mobile phone provider called LaiLai. (What the capital letter means, I don't know. Georgian is usually written in an alphabet without capital letters.)

Looks like an African who for some strange reason got a Georgian mobile phone as well as two American ones.

The email you posted consists of romantic platitudes, which are often copied among scammers. Could you post some of the scammer's own writing? That would show clearer where he's from.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#300259 by Terminator5 Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:59 am
Well it was actually pretty good English , except for a few missing words . Its all pure conjecture but it sounded Russian to me . But who knows.

#300268 by poisonedpeach Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:13 am
vonpaso xlura wrote:I see no Russian in the way the email is written. It looks West African to me. The Kartuli (Georgian) language is no relation to Russian, and I know next to nothing of it.

According to Wikipedia, area code 557 in Georgia belongs to a mobile phone provider called LaiLai. (What the capital letter means, I don't know. Georgian is usually written in an alphabet without capital letters.)

Looks like an African who for some strange reason got a Georgian mobile phone as well as two American ones.

The email you posted consists of romantic platitudes, which are often copied among scammers. Could you post some of the scammer's own writing? That would show clearer where he's from.

The scammer wrote that or copied it in his own writing from a script. The texts are definitely his original words. I'm not going to take anything more from my grandmother, however. She's been through enough and has deleted most if not all of the emails. She was reluctant enough to give me that one despite her embarrassment at being scammed yet again.

Also, they were not American phones that he had, they were American phone numbers. You can get them through apps and he used google voice, which you can connect to your phone, but I'm not entirely sure how number-assigning works with that program.