If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#4730 by Tails Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:20 pm
Just got a letter via e-mail from Mr Brown J Williams saying I had won a whapping £500,000.00. I had to contact Raymonds and Raymonds Law Firm. Firstly I decided to look up the Web for this "law firm". However surprise, surprise they did not appear. I then looked up their address, Calive Way, Thames Street, Weybridge, Surrey and hey presto, here I am, having found Scam Warners.
Thank you for showing me the way. Luckily I had my suspicions and as you say not all the wording and spelling were correct.
Mr Brown J Williams is certainly not a nigerian - certainly not by his lovely photograph which he has placed at the foot of the letter. By the way, they ask for identification via driver's licence or Identity Card. DO NOT REPLY TO RAYMONDS AND RAYMONDS.
Thanks, SCAM WARNERS , Tails:lol:

Anne
Advertisement

#4732 by Holly Brown Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:45 pm
Mr. Williams may not be a Nigerian, but it would be very surprising if he actually looks like the picture he attached to his email. That is probably stolen, too. And if the phone number began with +4470, he isn't located anywhere in the British Isles - that's a "redirect" number, which will send calls anywhere in the world, including western Africa.

That being said, scammers operate from many countries, including UK, US, Canada, and European countries.

#4733 by Peta Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 pm
Hi Tails and welcome to Scamwarners.

If only more people who received these "too-good-to-be-true" email offers, would do just a little research like yourself then scammers would go out of business. Thanks for the info. It may help even more people to avoid getting caught up in this scam.

#4766 by Jillian Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Hi Tails! So glad that you found us, and that you were alerted to the fact that it was a scam. :D

Thank you for taking the time to join and post this for us. Please do stay and look around. Post scam emails you receive for others to find, and spread the word to your friends and family. Education about internet scams is the best defense!
#6455 by madison Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm
Hi im in RSA and receive the e-mail from dell elctronics company, simply due to the fact that i have delt with 15 fraudulant e-mails and adverts to day I have got into the habit of looking up the info provided by the fraudsters. Thankfully this search ended quickly when I found this website. I would just like to take my hat off to the people who created and manage this site.
however i have noticed today that most the fraudulant ads and e-mails had the following names...
Mr J. Brown
Mr Mike Williams
Mr james Williams
and Mr william browns... coincedence or is it the same fraudulant people trying their luck in every avenue? Most these names came up when I responded to adverts on gumtree about french bulldogs. Gumtree is international so I just want to ask if anyone else had picked up this similarity?

Thanks for all your efforts to inform us of these fraudulant devils? Is it possible to trace them and arrest them on an international level... Im sure they must have scammed thousands of people by now from around the world
#6457 by Ralph Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:20 pm
Hi Madison

Welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad you have been searching for details of the emails you have been recieving and even happier that it has brought you here.

Scammers will operate from any website where they might find people to scam from, I have even seen them on a few occasions try to pick up victims from our sister site www.419eater.com a website devoted to wasting scammers time and resources by baiting them, needless to say, they got baited and had loads of their time wasted.

I hadn't noticed the similiarities on Gumtree myself as I have only been there a few times and have not had the time or inclination to look through the adds.

Scammers will often have multiple adds / profiles / messages on the same site so the scammers you mentioned may well be the same person, even if the adds were identical it is no guarentee they are as they often steal each others scripts. The only way to really know would be to get their IP address from their emails, if the IPs all come back the same then they are at least operating from the same location.

Thank you for posting the additional information, every detail posted here helps.

If you have any more questions, dont hesitate to ask