If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#4734 by Emma Jones Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 am
From time to time the moderators here at Scamwarners learn of a situation that we feel can help educate the public, but for their own reasons the people involved need to remain anonymous. This is one of those situations.

A lady, we will call her “Karenâ€

Learn about scammers' fake sites at aa419. Report scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre at IC3.
Advertisement

#4785 by Nick Smith Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 pm
A timely reminder Emma, thanks for posting the story. It echos what a lot of warners deal with, albeit on an occasional basis. It's a salutary lesson to anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves in a similar situation.

#4925 by The Man Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 pm
The Credit Union was very kind to her. They could sue her and go after the house, have her prosecuted and a lot of other nasty thing.

Thanks for sharing!

---
The Man

#5057 by Charles Fox Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:05 am
I've just been in touch with an 'employee' in a job scam, the guy was so keen to impress his new 'employers', when they sent him a check for processing, then pressed him for the proceeds, he put the whole 90% on his credit card and sent it to the scammers.

He wasn't lucky, and now owes the money to his card provider, now the check has bounced.

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.