If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#302756 by MommaMmm Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 pm
Got a bogus pet care text from Euginia. The whole hearing impaired story. Moving to my area and needs care for her dog "Snow". " please kindly email [email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Corrected the email address in the body.
Advertisement

#302758 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Were both email addresses used?

What phone number was used to text?

Can you please copy and pasted the content of the text. Other may search for phrases used and find your warning here.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#302768 by MommaMmm Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:21 pm
I'm now to this site. It's wonderful though. The name used was " Euginia". I was asked to e mail her at her email address which was [email protected]. message was from 8064760167
#302770 by MommaMmm Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:30 pm
Hello my name is Euginia, i found your sound resume and number on Care.com. We are moving to your area and i will be needing a Pet care servive for my
dog(Snow) and also to run errands at your own convenient time, i'm willing to pay by your charge rate (per hour) for the Pet service and also pay you
$500 extra for the errands. I'd love to call you but i have a hearing defect(Sensorineural hearing loss)...Please,kindly email me on
[email protected] if interested to discuss details of the job,thanks.

Came in like unorganized blocks. I get at least two of these similar messages a month. It drives me crazy!
#302774 by MommaMmm Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:(806) 476-0167
806-476-0167 is a VoIP number provided by TextPlus

I'm not great with technology. What exactly does that mean? I'm trying to understand this.
#302775 by MommaMmm Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:43 pm
Like one of those Instant app phone numbers.....who would be the type of scanners using that.
#302782 by vonpaso xlura Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:44 pm
VoIP is Voice over Internet Protocol. The phone number is in Canyon, Texas, but Euginia is African (I can tell by her writing, which is typical of West African scammers), and can send messages that appear to come from Texas from an Internet phone that could be in Cameroon or Ghana. The reason she says she has a hearing defect is that her accent would be incomprehensible to Americans or she's really a he and a voice call would give him away.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10