If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#303222 by Drumaja826 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:22 pm
Hello, this is my first time posting. And I was just involved or realized I was in an advance fee scam. Normally, I have seen through scams but what broke through my defenses was that I was referred to this person on Facebook Messenger by what appeared to be my grandmother, since it had my grandmother's image on it. Normally anyone else, I would have immediately called BS but because she is the only person in the world I trust wholeheartedly, I accepted it. I friend-ed her on facebook and she sent me this email:

<[email protected]>
Aug 13 (2 days ago)

to me
This is Federal Government Grant ,This program was established by the Federal Government with the conjunction of World Bank to helps people in the society to meet up their needs and want ,This is specifically place for those who need assistance paying for bills, buying a home, starting their own business, going to school, or even helping raise their children with old and retired people e.t.c...,This is a Grant not a Loan , Once you are qualify for it ,your grant money will get to you , More so you don't need to pay it back.
Reference of this agreement letter is made to the revolving in order to demonstrate compliance with the requirement that grants are awarded to individuals each and every day. Grant programs are not loans, More so You decide how much you need as long as the amount is lawful and you meet up the Foundations and Government Agencies requirements, the money is yours to keep and never to be repaid

Grant money is not a loan, Trying to get money through a bank, can be time consuming and requires a lot of paperwork, only to find out that you’ve been denied. These Private Foundations and Federal Government Grant Agencies don’t have to operate under the stringent requirements that banks do. You decide how much money you need, as long as it’s lawful and meets with the Foundations criteria, the money is yours to keep and never has to be paid back. This money is non taxable interest free.

These programs don’t require co-signers, even if you have a bankruptcy or bad credit, you as a tax payer and U.S. citizen are entitled to apply for this money.

There are currently over:
bullet 30,000
Private Foundations
bullet 1,400
Federal Programs
bullet 24,000
State Programs
bullet 150,000
Local Programs

This year alone over $230 Billion Dollars In Government Grants and Foundation Money will be given away by Private Foundations and Federal Grant Programs.

Everyday the Government gives grants to businesses, students, men, women, children, minorities and more. Ranging from large corporate bail out’s to helping people start their own business, go to college and more

State Programs

All 50 states are a major source of financial assistance to small businesses and educational programs. Money for businesses to purchase buildings, land, equipment and more.

Don’t be afraid to ask for some of your money back!

What Kind Of Grant's Are Given?

Business:

To start a new business or expand an existing one, equipment financing, acquisition of a new or existing business, rent, salaries, office expenses, overhead. There are many programs to help women start their own businesses. Remember, this is free money that never has to be paid back. You can use this money to pay yourself a salary as you start your new business.

If only more people new about these giant Government and Foundation Giveaways the country would experience phenomenal growth by circulating this money back into the system.

Personal Needs:

Help to buy a new home for low income families, real estate ventures, repair your home, childcare, academic tutoring, school supplies, housing assistance, legal services, summer camp, music lessons, art lessons, any extracurricular activities, tax assistance. If you suffered a fire lose there are programs available to help you in replacing necessities.

Education:

Preschool for children and nursery school education, private, primary and secondary schools, men and women to further their education, scholarships for athlete’s, business management, engineering, computer science, medical school, undergraduate, graduate, professional and foreign studies and many more.

Available now you have the opportunity to expand your visions into reality and pursue your business ventures or secure your personal financial situation. Small Businesses are the fiber that keeps this country strong. This is why the Government and Foundations offer start-up capital, expansion capital, rent and other overhead expenses to you.

If you’re an American citizen or resident, you are entitled to apply for free grant money ranging from $30.000.00 to $10,000,000.00 or more. If you are African American you have already qualified for 15 programs, being Hispanic, you qualify for many programs. Being a Christian will get you into 20 programs, there are also many other programs available for different faiths, Jewish, Catholic. Not having any money, will get you over 30 programs, 550 programs if you are unemployed, or underemployed. The list and sources are endless.,,,get back to us

Reading it feels like a scam, especially in hindsight. But again, I was exploited through the name of my grandmother and thought okay. So I was going to go 300k, thinking what ever fee would be off the top, but it was an advanced fee. I was wary but I thought about my grandma. So I gave my address for shipping and sent through moneygram $300 for 10k; BTW, I was told to do it at the store rather than online, which was odd but I then I thought about my grandmother. Then because, as a college student, I had visions of using it for school, I ended up adding $700 for $30k. What would;'ve been a blessing was that the 700 didn;t through at first but I continued to be stupid as the scammer kept urging me and I (being a smart dumass) decided to spit it, they asked to send it to africa.

Okay, that was the first red flag where I had large doubts, and took a long time to think but I thought about... yada yada. So I in the end I gave them $1000. You would've thought that would've been it... right? Well...

The next day, the scammer contacted me emailing that the FedEx truck was in an accident, complete with picture:

SORRY TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE BAD NEWS, WHILE THEY WERE BRINGING YOUR MONEY AND OTHERS BENEFICIARY'S MONEY , THEY HAD AN ACCIDENT ON THEIR WAY COMING TO DELIVER YOUR MONEY THAT IS WHY THEY DID'NT SHOW SINCE ALL THIS WHILE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENT AND DELAY. ALSO FOR WE TO SEND OTHER FED EX DELIVERY MEN TO DELIVER YOUR MONEY AGAIN WITH OTHERS WINNER'S, YOU ARE TO PAY ANOTHER SHIPPING FEE AGAIN BEFORE YOUR MONEY CAN BE DELIVER TO YOU. YOUR MONEY IS STILL SAFE WITH US ( FED EX HEAD OFFICE ) BUT WE NEED THE SHIPPING FEE SO THAT WE CAN FORWARD ANOTHER FED EX DELIVERY SERVICE TO DELIVER YOUR MONEY TO YOU. WE WILL HANDLE ACCIDENT, DAMAGES FEE INCLUDING TREATMENT FEE ON OUR OWN ACCOUNT BUT YOU ARE TO PAY ANOTHER SHIPPING FEE BEFORE YOUR MONEY CAN BE DELIVER TO YOU. HERE IS THE ATTACH OF THE ACCIDENT PHOTO TO YOUR MESSAGE....

They asked for 650 for changing trucks. I was getting annoyed and gaining more and more doubt, but even so I thought, say it with me now: grandma. So I did everything they asked and wouldn't you know it. They said they needed 300 more for the driver as it was 2 hours away. At this point I'm aware that I'm being scammed as I check my grandmas facebook messenger page to contact her and the conversation I had with her was gone as was the page. So now I'm talking to this scammer calling him out but s/he swears s/he is legit asking if I want this money. I ask for proof. I get this: http://imgur.com/a/9XObj At this point I gave up, and I applauded them that they got me out of $1650. Now, they didn't come out but they felt "hurt" that I accused them. I asked what grant was this? and they gave me International Development Association which doesn't even apply to the US. So I called them out one more time, sent them the Google searched accident image http://abc11.com/traffic/photos-fedex-truck-overturns-spilling-packages-on-companys-busiest-day/437741/ and called it a day.

Long story short: Don't trust your grandmas.
Advertisement

#303230 by Drumaja826 Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 pm
Another thing to note: During this ordeal, our mode of contact was through Google Hangouts. And looking back there was a woman who was looking for romance during this ordeal who somehow found my email . Had pictures of "herself", who looked to be either white and/or hispanic but in hindsight had the same type of writing.