If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#308441 by HansiMuller Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:56 pm
Hello all,

I sold an item on ebay and agreed to mopney transfer payment from the USA to Germany. I gave the buyer my account infos so that he can make the transfer. One day after I received the following mail ( I delete from it my account information, of course):

Dear xxxxxx,

This is an automated generated email from Bank of America™ to inform you that an online transfer was made on your behalf today from our bank for your Item (PAINTING). This payment was approved today at about 01:34 AEST. This amount 428.00 EURO, was paid by Mrs. Chouiekh rabiae and some Banking Details were retrieved from the payee that needs to be verified.

Seller Banking Information's received :
Account Name:- xxxxxxx
Account Number:- xxxxxxx
IBAN Number:- xxxxxxxx
BIC Code :- xxxxxxx
Bank Name : xxxxx

Transfer money Converted: $480.326 USD

Above are the Account Details we received for the transfer and we need you to verify that the provided Information are correct after which you MUST proceed with the given guidelines below.

A person typing on a laptop computer. Customer(s) Satisfaction is our prior. Businessmanusinga cell phone.

Guidelines/Policies:

The of Bank of America™ have set certain guidelines/policies that must be abide with by any users. This has arisen due to reports filed in by numerous casualties customers on the issue that some Sellers have taken the advantage of the old-fashioned way of making payment where Items paid for by Buyers are only shipped after payment has been made and cleared. This interception means Sellers will ship Items as payment been held up by us remains until Shipment has been verified. This places none under any unnecessary disadvantage(s).

Under no circumstances will this guidelines/policies be defied by any users. And we advise that, you the Seller should not give the Buyer the shipment Tracking Number and Shipment Scan Receipt we ask of you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this guidelines/policies might bring about, We have a responsibility of trying our best to protect both the buyer and seller.

Below are the Information regarding this transaction:
Seller ID : xxxxxxxx
Buyer ID : [email protected]
Item Title: PAINTING
Item Quantity : 1
Amount Transferred : xxx.00 EURO
International Payment Transfer fee : (Paid)

Shipping Information as provided by the Buyer :

Full Name: Ronald Rabiae Burr
Address: 24206 ROCKIN 7 DRIVE.
State: TEXAS
ZIP: 77447
USA

Shipping Method:
DHL PACKET Service

If you have any question(s) regarding your payment or sending Shipment Information, please contact us at [email protected] or SMS (760) 848-4219. When Shipment Details are received and confirmed, you will be issued a transfer code which would indicate that the transfer of money into your Bank Account was successful.

We thank you for using Bank of America™. We look forward to serving your Online Auction Payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

http://www.abingdon.org.uk/uploads/scho ... ure_hm.gif

From the Desk of the Manager,
Clearance & Delivery Dept.
Mr John Woods
Bank of America™ Payment Management Department Officer.

Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender
© 2016 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.[color=#000000]

As I did not quite understand what I have to do next, i mailed to them for further advice and got the following answer.

Dear xxxxxxxx,
We at Bank of America™ are bringing it to your notice that we received your mail and we would like to inform you that your account information has been confirmed once again...Your payment from our client Mrs. Chouiekh rabiae is still on pending with us and your payment is secured and Guaranteed. We would like you to proceed with the shipment and get back to us with the shipment details for verification before we could remit the fund into your account. immediately we confirm the shipment information,we do assure you with 100% protection because we are customer oriented bank.

The payment for the item has been verified and "APPROVED" But due to security reasons on both sides of the buyer and the seller the status of the payment is pending. Most sellers do not ship out the exact items as they have listed on the sites and we are keen on securing the community. You will be required to post out the item and email us its shipment reference number. We will then verify the status and contents of the shipment within 24Hrs with the courier service its been shipped through. Once we have completed verification,your account will be credited immediately.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you but will are trying to protect our customer for being scam due to what is going on the internet

If you have any question(s) regarding your payment or sending Shipment Information, please contact us at [email protected] When Shipment Details are received and confirmed, you will be issued a transfer code which would indicate that the transfer of money into your Bank Account was successful.

We thank you for using Bank of America™. We look forward to serving your Online Auction Payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

http://www.abingdon.org.uk/uploads/scho ... ure_hm.gif

From the Desk of the Manager,
Clearance & Delivery Dept.
Mr John Woods
Bank of America™ Payment Management Department Officer
[/color]

I think that this is scam. Have you got exoerience with this kind of mails? What can happen with my account data? Or I am wrong and can send the item to the buyer?.

Thanks for your help

Hansi
Advertisement

#308480 by vonpaso xlura Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm
accountant.com is a free email domain. Big banks do not use free email domains!
A person typing on a laptop computer. Customer(s) Satisfaction is our prior. Businessmanusinga cell phone.

Whoever wrote that did not grow up in America. There is a trait of West African writing elsewhere in the email.
This payment was approved today at about 01:34 AEST. This amount 428.00 EURO

The lad has failed geography.

It's a scam. The person the scammer told you to send the painting to is a package mule. The scammer is using the mule to forward packages to him.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#308511 by HansiMuller Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:50 am
Thanks for the answer. The name already sounded African, but of course people of numerous origins live in the US. I wonder who would have receved the painting and what they had done with it

I already informed the "buyer" that I will not send the painting. Until now I got no answer on that :D
#308547 by vonpaso xlura Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:16 am
"Chouiekh" sounds more North African than West African to me. Different language families, and probably different kinds of writing errors.

The scammer doesn't care what he tricks people into sending to him, as long as he thinks he can get some money for it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10