If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#313624 by Suave55 Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:44 am
I recently went through a series of tests for a position downtown Chicago. This company was located in Canada but opening a new office downtown and it was for an administrative assistant position and part of my test was that I would receive a check to buy stationary and arrange hotel stays for the executives and other employees. WELL I DEPOSITED THE CHECK AND IT WAS RETURNED. NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND/OR HOW MUCH IM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS. :oops:
Advertisement

#313640 by vonpaso xlura Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm
Please post the emails or other messages from the scammer, including the email address, web address, and other identifying information that others may be searching for.

After you deposited the check, did you buy anything with the money? Either way, talk with the fraud department at your bank, bringing printouts of the emails, and explain that you're a victim of a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#314799 by Crabette Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:53 am
I was almost a victim of this scam! Luckily for me when I went to deposit the check the bank manager recognized the check as fake and saved me a lot of grief..... I completely ignored all the red flags which were many.. No one will interview by email. No one will send $4800 to a complete stranger. ALWAYS research & call the company. Was your contact name Gary Lancaster? These jerks fooled me once, never again!! I am sorry the check was deposited for you.....I sent a copy of the check to the bank it was drawn on and they assured me it was a fraud. The silver lining is that we won't fall for this scam again.
Crabette
#314800 by Mike Wilson Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:59 am
Hello Crabette,
I am glad to hear that an alert bank manager save you a lot of grief
Please post the email that gave you instructions on what to do with the funds after you deposited the check. Include the email address and contact telephone number if any. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#314843 by Crabette Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:50 pm
Subject: UPDATE - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION.
Date: Nov 15, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:
To: XXXXXXXXXXX

On Nov 15, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in applying to join our team as an Administrative Assistant following our job post on ZipRecruiter.

After carefully studying your resume, please find the attached document.

Warm Regards,​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018
http://www.brentregconstruction.com
<Brent Reg Construction.pdf>

attached document (pdf)

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION.
We received your resume in response to our recent job posting on ZipRecruiter for the position of an
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. As you know, we are looking for experienced and motivated
individuals to join our pioneering team of skilled experts.
Your resume stood out from the others and hence your shortlisting. We are impressed with your
accomplishments. We believe you possess the essential qualities we are looking for and we are very
excited at the prospect of working with you.
BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION is a full service construction company providing various construction
businesses and constructions consulting solutions. We offer special and unique capabilities to
enhance our spectrum of services to meet our client’s need. Our company has been in existence for
years in Dorchester, ON, Canada. Our satellite office in Downtown your city will be opening
officially in six weeks. We are looking to employ an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to carry out the
duties listed below:
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
• Attend meetings to record minutes;
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by
executives and committees.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports;
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the Chief Operating Officer
• Make travel arrangements for executives;
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
• Posting ads on internet and news paper
• Handling and monitoring some of the COO's financial activities.
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters
2787 Catherine St, Dorchester, ON N0L 1G4, Canada
[email protected]
+1 877 242-8701
Required Skills:
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Concern for others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
This is a full-time position (9am - 5pm).
Your starting salary is $2,106.40 bi-week/$4,563.87 monthly.
Vacation time is paid in 2-week increments,
Benefits are included, and bonuses are paid annually.
Reply to this email (Reply to: [email protected]) with your phone number and a suitable time to contact you over the phone.
Note: There will be interview questionnaires that will be sent to you.
Sincerely,
Gary Lancaster
11-15-2016
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Subject: RE: INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION.
Date: November 21, 2016 10:53:53 AM PST
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Nov 21, 2016, at 10:53 AM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:

Good afternoon XXXXXXX,

This is to confirm your answers to the interview questions has been received and being reviewed.

Do wait to hear back from us soon and kindly send in a reference that can be contacted.

Warm Regards,​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Date: November 23, 2016 8:15:40 AM PST
To: XXXXXXXXX

Good morning XXXXXXX,

This is to notify you that we would get back to you with our decision on Saturday.

Do have a good day.​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Subject: RE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB POSITION.
Date: November 26, 2016 7:13:07 AM PST
To: XXXXXXXX

Good morning XXXXXXX,

Again thank you for your interest in working with our esteemed organization.

After due consideration amidst over 42 applicants, please find attached document.

However you do have the option to accept or decline the offer.

Warm Regards,​​​​​​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

offer (pdf)

November 26, 2016
RE: OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT – Administrative Assistant
Dear XXXXXXXXX,
We are delighted to offer you the position of Administrative Assistant with our organization. BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION is a leader in the Canadian market expanding its already broadened reach into the United States to achieve new feats. As you join BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice.
As a member of the BRENT REG team, we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in all the products, actions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of our firm. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding. The following points outline the terms and conditions we are proposing.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job description:
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives and committees.
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the Chief Operating Officer
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
• Posting ads on internet and newspaper
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters.)
Official Start date: December 27, 2016
(Unofficial start date may be prior to the aforementioned).
Salary: US $2,106 USD/bi-weekly
Probation: 3 months
Group benefits: Medical, dental, visual insurance; and combined profit sharing (bonuses) at the end of each business year.
Hours of work: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 5pm (May be called in or required for emergency weekend duties on a Saturday not exceeding 1pm).
Vacation: A two-week vacation period is allowed annually; usually accumulated after a nine-month work period. All vacation periods are paid.
[email protected]
+1 877 242-8701
Following the initial probationary period, a progression and performance review would be conducted on a quarterly basis to assess performance to-date, and to clarify or modify this arrangement, as the need may arise.
My arrival date with the team is on the 27th of December, 2016 when we shall meet in person and you will be presented with the Full Employment Contract.
Your job will officially start before we leave Toronto, ON. Which means you will work from home till we arrive, and help where necessary in making our transition easier. During next week, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with you and property manager that will take you to the office unit.
A laptop will be provided to create efficiency in your duties. A disc containing the company’s platform (software) will be mailed to you after one week. A cheque will be sent to you to coordinate some office purchases such as stationery, and secure accommodation (hotel) for me and other delegates attending the official opening of the new outlet. These tasks would be part of your assessment in finalizing your employment with us after three months. You will be required to make monthly report of tasks assigned to you and your first would be 31st of January 2017.
Please confirm the below information to enable our account department mail a cheque to you.
1. Full Names to be written on cheque.
2. Detailed mailing address including postal code.
3. Direct telephone number.
Further instructions will be sent to you once the cheque and laptop are mailed out. Revert to me if you inquire any further clarification on the above.
This arrangement may be terminated by either party upon notice in writing to either party with notice that complies with Employment Standards (or Labor Standards) for the company.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you in an atmosphere that is successful and mutually challenging and rewarding.
Sincerely,
Gary Lancaster
11-26-2016
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018
With the signature below, I accept this offer for employment.
_____________________________ _______________________
Employee Name & Signature Date Signed
Gary Lancaster Date Signed
Human Resource Manager
BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION
11/26/2016

Subject: Re: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB POSITION.
Date: November 26, 2016 1:33:15 PM PST

Good day XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for accepting our offer and sending the requested details.

Do wait for further instructions and updates. We look forward to working with you. I will call you on Monday.

Subject: RE: UPDATE.
Date: November 29, 2016 5:01:59 AM PST
To: XXXXXXX

​Good morning XXXXXXX,

I was contacted by the property manager and he proposed December 19th, 2016 to take you to the office location. Do confirm if the date is okay with you so I can send your contact details for him to contact you.

The IT department are still busy installing necessary software and applications needed on the laptop and once they are done with it, the laptop will shipped and I will provide you with the tracking number.

​​ Here is the tracking number of the check that was mailed out to you 1Z260AR66630035269​​​​​​​​​​​. You can track it on http://www.ups.com and do ensure you are home to sign for ​​ it.

​​ A scanned or clear picture of the deposit receipt of the check is requ ​​ ired for the account department to upload their book. Do send me an email before making a deposit so I can call to give you directives. Promptness is paramount.

Do send an email confirming that you received this tracking number and this mail.

Warm Regards,

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Welcome to our team.

Thank you,​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

I also have a pdf of the fraudulent check, shall I post that also?
Crabette
#314847 by vonpaso xlura Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:33 pm
The address on the website is in Dorchester, but the phone number in the email is in Durham, two hours and ~160 km away. brentregconstruction.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#324349 by camarine1968 Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm
Crabette wrote:From: Brent Reg Construction <[email protected]>
Date: Nov 15, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:
To: XXXXXXXXXXX

On Nov 15, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in applying to join our team as an Administrative Assistant following our job post on ZipRecruiter.

After carefully studying your resume, please find the attached document.

Warm Regards,​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018
<Brent Reg Construction.pdf>

attached document (pdf)

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION.
We received your resume in response to our recent job posting on ZipRecruiter for the position of an
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. As you know, we are looking for experienced and motivated
individuals to join our pioneering team of skilled experts.
Your resume stood out from the others and hence your shortlisting. We are impressed with your
accomplishments. We believe you possess the essential qualities we are looking for and we are very
excited at the prospect of working with you.
BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION is a full service construction company providing various construction
businesses and constructions consulting solutions. We offer special and unique capabilities to
enhance our spectrum of services to meet our client’s need. Our company has been in existence for
years in Dorchester, ON, Canada. Our satellite office in Downtown your city will be opening
officially in six weeks. We are looking to employ an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to carry out the
duties listed below:
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by
executives and committees.
• Posting ads on internet and news paper
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters
[email protected]
+1 877 242-8701
Required Skills:
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Concern for others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
This is a full-time position (9am - 5pm).
Your starting salary is $2,106.40 bi-week/$4,563.87 monthly.
Vacation time is paid in 2-week increments,
Benefits are included, and bonuses are paid annually.
Reply to this email (Reply to: [email protected]) with your phone number and a suitable time to contact you over the phone.
Note: There will be interview questionnaires that will be sent to you.
Sincerely,
Gary Lancaster
11-15-2016
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Subject: RE: INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION.
Date: November 21, 2016 10:53:53 AM PST
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Nov 21, 2016, at 10:53 AM, Brent Reg Construction wrote:

Good afternoon XXXXXXX,

This is to confirm your answers to the interview questions has been received and being reviewed.

Do wait to hear back from us soon and kindly send in a reference that can be contacted.

Warm Regards,​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Date: November 23, 2016 8:15:40 AM PST

Good morning XXXXXXX,

This is to notify you that we would get back to you with our decision on Saturday.

Do have a good day.​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Subject: RE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB POSITION.
Date: November 26, 2016 7:13:07 AM PST
To: XXXXXXXX

Good morning XXXXXXX,

Again thank you for your interest in working with our esteemed organization.

After due consideration amidst over 42 applicants, please find attached document.

However you do have the option to accept or decline the offer.

Warm Regards,​​​​​​​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

offer (pdf)

November 26, 2016
RE: OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT – Administrative Assistant
Dear XXXXXXXXX,
We are delighted to offer you the position of Administrative Assistant with our organization. BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION is a leader in the Canadian market expanding its already broadened reach into the United States to achieve new feats. As you join BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice.
As a member of the BRENT REG team, we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in all the products, actions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of our firm. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding. The following points outline the terms and conditions we are proposing.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job description:
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives and committees.
• Posting ads on internet and newspaper
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters.)
Official Start date: December 27, 2016
(Unofficial start date may be prior to the aforementioned).
Salary: US $2,106 USD/bi-weekly
Probation: 3 months
Group benefits: Medical, dental, visual insurance; and combined profit sharing (bonuses) at the end of each business year.
Hours of work: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 5pm (May be called in or required for emergency weekend duties on a Saturday not exceeding 1pm).
Vacation: A two-week vacation period is allowed annually; usually accumulated after a nine-month work period. All vacation periods are paid.
[email protected]
+1 877 242-8701
Following the initial probationary period, a progression and performance review would be conducted on a quarterly basis to assess performance to-date, and to clarify or modify this arrangement, as the need may arise.
My arrival date with the team is on the 27th of December, 2016 when we shall meet in person and you will be presented with the Full Employment Contract.
Your job will officially start before we leave Toronto, ON. Which means you will work from home till we arrive, and help where necessary in making our transition easier. During next week, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with you and property manager that will take you to the office unit.
A laptop will be provided to create efficiency in your duties. A disc containing the company’s platform (software) will be mailed to you after one week. A cheque will be sent to you to coordinate some office purchases such as stationery, and secure accommodation (hotel) for me and other delegates attending the official opening of the new outlet. These tasks would be part of your assessment in finalizing your employment with us after three months. You will be required to make monthly report of tasks assigned to you and your first would be 31st of January 2017.
Please confirm the below information to enable our account department mail a cheque to you.
1. Full Names to be written on cheque.
2. Detailed mailing address including postal code.
3. Direct telephone number.
Further instructions will be sent to you once the cheque and laptop are mailed out. Revert to me if you inquire any further clarification on the above.
This arrangement may be terminated by either party upon notice in writing to either party with notice that complies with Employment Standards (or Labor Standards) for the company.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you in an atmosphere that is successful and mutually challenging and rewarding.
Sincerely,
Gary Lancaster
11-26-2016
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018
With the signature below, I accept this offer for employment.
Employee Name & Signature Date Signed
Gary Lancaster Date Signed
Human Resource Manager
BRENT REG CONSTRUCTION
11/26/2016

Subject: Re: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB POSITION.
Date: November 26, 2016 1:33:15 PM PST

Good day XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for accepting our offer and sending the requested details.

Do wait for further instructions and updates. We look forward to working with you. I will call you on Monday.

Subject: RE: UPDATE.
Date: November 29, 2016 5:01:59 AM PST
To: XXXXXXX

​Good morning XXXXXXX,

I was contacted by the property manager and he proposed December 19th, 2016 to take you to the office location. Do confirm if the date is okay with you so I can send your contact details for him to contact you.

The IT department are still busy installing necessary software and applications needed on the laptop and once they are done with it, the laptop will shipped and I will provide you with the tracking number.

​​ Here is the tracking number of the check that was mailed out to you 1Z260AR66630035269​​​​​​​​​​​. You can track it on http://www.ups.com and do ensure you are home to sign for ​​ it.

​​ A scanned or clear picture of the deposit receipt of the check is requ ​​ ired for the account department to upload their book. Do send me an email before making a deposit so I can call to give you directives. Promptness is paramount.

Do send an email confirming that you received this tracking number and this mail.

Warm Regards,

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

Welcome to our team.

Thank you,​

Gary Lancaster
Human Resource Manager
+1 (226) 258-8018

I also have a pdf of the fraudulent check, shall I post that also?
Crabette

Crabette - I am the real Gary Lancaster and I am writing you here to advise you that my name was used fraudulently by a scammer. I have also been in touch with the real Brent Reg Construction who have advised me that they are not involved in the scam. They submitted my complaint to a Canadian investigative agency. I have submitted my complaint and all supporting data and materials to the US FBI. Hopefully, one or both of those agencies will locate the scammer. I became aware of the scam because I started receiving marketing material addressed to Brent Reg Construction at my home address. Additionally, I received invoices for two web sites on behalf of Brent Reg Construction. I have contacted, personally, each company and advised them of the situation. In all cases the companies agreed to correct the situation and discontinue contact with me.
#324352 by camarine1968 Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 pm
Mike Wilson wrote:Hello Crabette,
I am glad to hear that an alert bank manager save you a lot of grief
Please post the email that gave you instructions on what to do with the funds after you deposited the check. Include the email address and contact telephone number if any. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

Mike Wilson, I am the real Gary Lancaster and I am writing you here to advise you that my name was used fraudulently by a scammer. I have also been in touch with the real Brent Reg Construction who have advised me that they are not involved in the scam. They submitted my complaint to a Canadian investigative agency. I have submitted my complaint and all supporting data and materials to the US FBI. Hopefully, one or both of those agencies will locate the scammer. I became aware of the scam because I started receiving marketing material addressed to Brent Reg Construction at my home address. Additionally, I received invoices for two web sites on behalf of Brent Reg Construction. I have contacted, personally, each company and advised them of the situation. In all cases the companies agreed to correct the situation and discontinue contact with me. I have posted this same notice to Crabette.
#335614 by 4X1X9 Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:41 am
Abbott001 wrote:I am also a victim of this scam. :yikes:

Welcome to ScamWarners. I just wish it had been under happier circumstances.

If you have any new information you could share with us such as any new Emails and phone numbers they are operating from it will help others not fall into this scam.

Any information you do post up please ensure you edit out any personal information about yourself such as your name, Email, phone number (etc).