If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#314285 by Zeea Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 am
Hi everyone, first time posting and wanted to share my experience.

I saw something on Gumtree for sale and contacted the seller. He called me back and seemed very genuine and we talked for about 20 mins. He lived too far away to collect the item so he asked if I could send him the money via a bank transfer and he would send the item recorded delivery.

He seemed very genuine so I agreed and paid the money on a Friday. He promised the item would arrive by Tuesday and we continued to text until Monday afternoon. Tuesday came and nothing arrived and of course contact then stopped and I never heard from him again.

I contacted my bank who attempted to do a bank transfer recovery (which you can do) but he had withdrawn all of the money from the account so there insufficient funds to recover anything. It was only a few hundred pounds so not the end of the word but a bit annoying. I contacted the police too so they have his details, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Anyway, I wanted to post his name and details here so that anyone in the future looking for his info can see that he is a scamming b&^$%£d.

His details are:
Name: Lee Gellar (possibly fake)
email: [email protected]
phone: (UK Number) 07802450255

Bank account details (real)
Bank name: Nationwide
Sort code: 07-04-36 (070436)
Account number: 15946996

Noted - AJ

Hope this information is useful and stops someone sending him anymore money.

Lesson learnt, NEVER do a bank transfer without getting proof of name, address and bank details. Even THEN, still be very cautious. Next time I'll be using PayPal Business and Services option and if they refuse I'll walk away.

Zee
Advertisement