If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#4860 by oakley181 Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am
I signed up on digitalcharity.com. A guy came on offering me money saying his secretary would send it, then when it arrived, it arrived in a different name on the return address, He said his secretary lost it and has his client send it, well i went to the bank and cashed it, didn't put it into my account and held onto the money. After 6 days of having it came back non sufficient funds. Luckily i still had all the money and just handed it back over the bank. For the last 3 days he was telling me that i needed to go and western union the money to someone who was dying, well i told him no and that the money was gone because i didn't trust him. He tried everything to get me to transfer the money. I tried talking to him on yahoo and once he found out who it was he immediately stopped responding.
Advertisement

#4863 by Crispy Duck Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:51 pm
Welcome, Oakley181 & thank you for sharing your experience. :D

It would be useful if you could post one of the emails or chat logs of your conversation with this person - and the email addresses etc. that he uses.

That way, we may save someone else from becoming a victim to this criminal.

#4864 by oakley181 Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 pm
here is his e-mail address: braveheart4550@yahoo. he goes by Brain Andersson. Here is his first email he sent to me.

----- Original Message ----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 12:13:13 PM
Subject: How about helping you with $800?

Hello,

I am Anderson from Va.i came across your request In need of money at Digital charity and wish to Offer a helping hand to you as it is often said that Givers never lack.I will donate the sum of $800 and will want to hear something good you have done with the money.I will Order my Secretary to send the payment to you In Certified check drawn On my Companys acct.Kindly send me The details needed for the payment Like Name,Address and Phone Nbr.

He just sent me another one today he is mad because i didn't wire the money, here is the message of what he wrote Ashole.so greedy

#4867 by Chris Martins Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Welcome oakley181.

Checks + Western Union always seems to add up to scam. I'm glad you were cautious enough to avoid being scammed, and lucky enough to not get in trouble for attempting to pass a bad check. :D

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke
#4869 by oakley181 Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:43 pm
Here is another one that i am getting right now. These are all the messages that he has sent me and i have sent him

[email protected]-His address

Greenland North American Ginseng Inc !!!
Greenland North American Ginseng Inc is a Canadian agricultural company. We produce and distribute agricultural products such as Cotton, citrus family, rubber e.t.c worldwide. We have reached big sales volume of these products in Canadian and now are trying to penetrate the USA market. Quite soon we will open Representative offices or authorized sales centers in the US and therefore we are currently looking for people who will assist us in establishing a new distribution network. Despite the fact that the US market is new for us we already have regular clients in there .

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US

The international money transfer tax for legal entities (companies) in USA is 25%, where as for the individual it is only 7%. There is no sense for us to work this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private individual is 7%. That's why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for our products (in money orders, checks, or bank wire transfers) and to resend the money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer. This way we will save money due to high taxation.

JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Receive payment from customers all over state/city's in America
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage pay as you would be instructed to.
HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN 10% from each operation! For instance, you receive 3500/4500/5500 USD via checks or money orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep $700 (10%) from each transaction .
At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 12%!

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home/office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to $3000-4000 monthly depending on time. You do not need any capital to start. You do not have to quit your present job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers.

Anyway our employees never leave us due to our excellent working condition.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
1. 17-70 years
2. Legally capable
3. Responsible
4. Ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
5. PC knowledge
6. E-mail and Internet experience (minimal)

If you are interested in our offer, please respond with the following details in order for us to reach you:

FULL NAME
CITY
STATE
ZIP CODE
CONTACT ADDRESS
PHONE NUMBER (MOBILE)
OCCUPATION
EMAIL

Thanks for your anticipated action. And we hope to hear back from you. Get back to our MARKETING MANAGER either on this e-mail addreses.

Dr Peter Walter via e-mail:
[email protected]

Contact address
Greenland North American Ginseng Inc.
#1100-1200 West 73rd Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6P 6G5, Canada

Regards,

Shepard hallmark

I just sent him this message i know this is a scam and unless you can prove it legal i am not giving you any more information. i almost just got scammed out of 1800 dollars, i am not falling for anyones tricks, thanks for your time, it would be good money if you weren't scam artists

here is his reply
Please and please you can keep your information to yourself, millions of people are out there serching for Job and am not right here forcing you to do what that will pays you much and more .

Remember i don't ask you to pay me anym money and all you have to do for me is to work for me and get your weekly wages paid , IF YOU ARE GRANTED THE JOB OFFER .

Best regard

#4979 by the-corrupter Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:39 pm
I have had lots of similar emails to that myself but because they are asking for my personal details and do not know my name i have never responded to these.

Its always a dead give away with the bad spelling mistakes (not that i am saying that people who can't spell are trying to rip someone off) but if they do not know you're real name nor anything about you then it's quite possibly a scam.

And if that was me i would be very concerned as to why they want you're details and what they intend on doing with them but in my own opinion i would get a credit check done on yourself or even go and seek advice about possible identity theft as it is quite possible (although not always the case) they may get credit cards etc in you're name.

#5003 by reno419 Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:48 pm
Oakley,

Probably the best thing you could do is to drop all communications with this guy. Simply drop off the face of the planet. When he realizes you won't respond back, he'll most likely disappear. He wants your money and if he thinks he's not going to get any from you, he'll stop wasting his time with you. Do not try to string him along as he has too much of your personal real life information. If you want to try and get back at him, check out www.419eater.com to learn how to bait scum like this safely.