If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#127989 by oninboy Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am
I have experience a scam transactions by a nigerian national namely Samuel Tochi by using an identity of an immigration consultant namely Mayada Jamil. Only to find out that Ms.Mayada Jamil is not into this kind of activities.At first you may believe that it is really Ms.Mayada Jamil whom you are transacting with because he uses her email address as [email protected] or [email protected],when i submitted my application with her firm at first i have paid an amount for the administrative fees for $1,000 but later on she will advise you to sent the money under the name of Mr.Samuel Tochi because she is not allowed to received any money under her name for security reasons.And she is now in Lagos,Nigeria for business travel and ask her assistant Mr.Tochi to pick up the said money for her.Here are some of his tactics in making you believe he is Ms.Mayada Jamil.

Attention: Applicant,

Mayada Jamil Consultancy: assist Applicants who are skilled workers, professionals, Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons to live, work and immigrate to Canada as Permanent Residence.

The Canadian Government has introduced a "Simplified Application Process" for Federal Economic Classes under which applicants will provide only fees plus modified personal information which will be used to secure a Job and process their Permanent Residence.

The Business Immigration Program is for (Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons) who will support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy. Business immigrants are expected to make nothing less than $500,000.00 investment or to own and manage businesses in Canada.

For Skilled workers they are selected as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.

It is our responsibility to make you eligible in any of the categories and secure a job in Canada for you with any of the reputable firms that are presently hiring foreign and qualified workers.

We have five multinational companies who have contracted us to recruit and employ qualified foreign workers on their behalf. Your qualification will determine which of the companies we will submit your CV/RESUME for perusal, if approved and certified by the company then we will facilitate and obtain a letter of appointment on your behalf and immediately commence your VISA application process.

We will secure a job for you and at the same time process your visa which will come with a Permanent Resident; this is in line with rules and regulation of The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Benefit as a Permanent Resident:

. You will remain a permanent resident until you become a Canadian citizen, as long as you spend at least two years of each five year period in Canada. You may leave and re-enter Canada as often as you wish.

. As permanent residents, you and your family members will have the right to: live, study and work in Canada for as long as you remain permanent residents access most social benefits accorded to Canadian citizens. Apply for Canadian citizenship, and if granted, apply for a Canadian passport once you have been a legal permanent resident for three of the four previous years.

. As permanent residents, you will also have the same legal obligations as Canadians, such as paying taxes and respecting all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.

. The Permanent Resident Card: All new permanent residents will be issued a card as part of the process. Cards will be mailed to your home address soon after you become a permanent resident.

To be eligible for the process of a Job offer/Canadian permanent residence in any of the categories either for skilled worker or business immigration, principal applicant will pay Administrative fees of $1000.

At the success of your application, you and your family members will receive permanent resident visas. You will become permanent residents of Canada when you move to Canada within the validity of your visa(s).

To enable us proceed with your application fully and furnish you with all Application forms of Citizenship and Immigration Canada for application of Canadian permanent residence and secure your appointment letter from your employee/date of interview, you have to furnish us with these details:

. Copy of your International Passport:
. A head & shoulders photo of you:
. Supporting documentation to verify past employment & education:
. Reference letters from previous employers, if available:
. Administrative fees of $1000:

Immigration representatives give immigration advice and help to visa applicants, usually for a fee that guarantees your application and a well paid job of close to $10,000 per/month for a start in Canada.

As a professional consultant I encourage you to take advantage of this life time opportunity and have your family future secured, irrespective of the resources it will cost you. Forever you will remain grateful to this firm and happy for the decision you have taken.

Finally, these procedures are as stipulated by the Canadian government and in no way associated with fraud; make sure you provide genuine information in your application.

Yours Truly,
For: Mayada Jamil Consultancy.
Mayada Jamil.
Consultant.

London Liaison Office:
204 Stockport Road,
Altrincham Cheshire WA16 7UA
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 703 594 0850
Fax: +44 709 288 3225
Advertisement

#127991 by oninboy Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 am
Hello guys, i have received another email from a person named Joseph Wong who asked me to help me to an transaction to transfer a huge amount of an deceased bank depositor of their bank in Hong Kong,which is he wants me to help him to open an offshore account that you will opened for him to transfer to the said account the said money and later on he will endorsed to you an offshore bank representative for you to open an account to the said bank which you will required to pay an amount to open the said account.Here is his emailed to me:

Dear friend,

Thank you for your reply and your interest to help me in this transaction. I appreciate your interest in my proposal and I sincerely hope that we can work together as a team of two men in a spirit of partnership in this endeavour. Given what I have in hand and the fact that I can not run it alone as I said before, it became necessary for me to seek your assistance to partner with me. After we managed to move funds from my bank in the manner I suggest you will help me to invest my money in your country if you can provide a viable business idea and you will agree to do it for me I protect my bank authorities and in my country. I can transfer money in small bits of your country for my bank account in Hong Kong or China or elsewhere in the form of product company to avoid interrogation. You should not have something to worry, I'll do whatever is legally obliged to ensure that the project goes smoothly, it must pass by the laws of International Banking, and you have my word. Having decided to entrust this transaction between your hands, I would like to remind you that, we need your commitment and diligent monitoring. If you work seriously, the entire transaction should be more in a few days.

Read more and come back to me:

Firstly, I would like to know your job description, in fact, I would like to know precisely the type of business or work you do and how you are old. Be it known to you that this project is highly capital intensive, that is why I must be very careful who I choose to do with me, I need your total dedication and confidence to see this through. I need someone who is sensitive and capable of carrying out a task. I know that we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary confidence that we have to execute this project.

I am now in contact with a foreign bank online, it is my intention that you open an account in your name in the foreign bank, in due course I will guide you on this subject. The money would be transferred to your account that you open the bank for both of us, this is the best way I think we could be protected from my bank, because I know that if we do not in the way more not suspected of anything, they raised eyebrow that could lead to further investigation. So please forward my plans religious because I have the master plan for a hitch free transfer of these funds outside of my bank in your favor. I want us to take advantage of this money in peace when we conclude. I made this plan for a long time now because he discovered that the client is dead. I received a signal after several months of covert investigations.

Also you have to know that I can not transfer this money in my name that my bank will be aware that it is me, this is where I need you. As a result, you must open an account in the corresponding bank. I'm going to get a certificate of deposit at my bank, and will be issued in your name that you will be the true owner of funds. After that, the money will be banked online for both of us. You can then instruct the bank to transfer funds to a bank guarantee provided by you in your country or any other refuge.

I will also perfect documents with the help of my lawyer to give the right transaction needed. Before you begin, I need you to send me your full names, phone number, marital status, occupation, a copy of any form your identity (driver's license or work ID international passport) and your current address. I want to be sure that I am transaction with a right person. As soon as I get these on your part, I will start working on paper. I hope you will understand why I need all the money in question is large and I want to make sure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details of starting the project, I will also send you, me and my family photos upon receipt of your identity document. I will send the name and address of the bank so you can start communicating with them once that I know he has come to do so. Make sure you keep this confidential and not discuss with anyone, because of the confidential nature of this transaction and my work.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Regards,
Joseph WONG
#127994 by Bryon Williams Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 am
Hello oninboy and welcome to scamwarner,

The second email from Joseph WONG is also a scam. It is best to block the address and not reply. Do the same with Samuel Tochi and all the email addresses he is using.

Unfortunately because you were a victim and lost money these scammers will return with new scam offers. When you receive these types of emails in the future just delete them and block the sender. You may even receive an email from a scammer offering to help you get your money back. This will be another scam. They will promise you that you can get your money back with a fee sent by Western Union, Money Gram or Bank Transfer. All lies once again.

The Tochi scam used free email address providers. In which any name can be made. The phone numbers used are re-direct numbers. These numbers can be answered anywhere in the world.

Will you please post the email addresses used by Joseph Wong. This will help others avoid this scam when they search the internet.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#129909 by cemacrob Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 pm
Many thanks to all those who posted here - my grandmother received the same emails from someone calling themselves Rob Mahar <[email protected]> who made contact through match.com. Thanks to the posters on this topic she won't lose any money, although her heart will take some time to recover. I've put details on the romance scams forum.

Moderator edit to add link to topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55971&p=129908#p129908 ~Bubbles
#130211 by janneena Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:32 pm
I believe our Pearl Aberdeen scammer is at it again .Using the email name [email protected]
and using match.com to snare his next victims.
Luckily for me I've only exchanged a few emails before my 6 th sense kicked in .Shortly after he sent me the photo of his 18 year old daugther and told me her name.How many 18 year olds don't have a face book account ?.
From the information I gained from the emails I noticed how some things just didn't add up.
A 42 year old Italian widower who has spent the past 10 years working on an oil rig as a civil engineer ,whilst bringing up his daughter alone and having no family in this country.( Always avoiding the question when I asked how as a single parent he managed it ?) Dedicated to his career and has now decided it's now time to date and start a new family.How many men do you know that can go 10 years without dating anyone ???

I'll let you read his emails below and hopefully if you know anyone who has joined a dating web .Show these to them.Our scammer has quiet a way with words. Enjoy :

Hello there my eight wonder,lol.
Where do i start from? Really it is disturbing to come on this dating site to see how much people appreciate love, but yet We have to go the extra mile to get this great status.
Forgive my manners, i am mike tiziano, an independent contractor of international repute. I deal basically with civil and oil platforms engineering ranging from Africa to middle east and far east asia and i also supply building materials to construction companies and also to my customers overseas.But really i am hanging the hat next year soon, i think after getting all the wealth in pursuit, i have come to realise that we are nothing without a partner, someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A woman who can hold her own when it comes to matters of the heart,lol.
I have seen faces of women on this site, many of whom have been taken for granted, many of whom are not being reciprocated, but i have come with a good news and a bad news...
the good news is i came here to pick my woman to make happy, my eight wonder, my best friend, my copilot, but the bad news is that i have only one woman to do this for.lol.

I saw something in your face, something that made my heart pause to read you, something that tickles in the heart, could it be love at first sight? maybe we could find that
out,lol.

I'm talking about faith here when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest
dreams.

Now tell me more about you....what do you do for a living again? what do you do for fun? whats your best colour? whats your best meal?e.t.c

kindly reply to my personal yahoo mail box or add me to your yahoo messenger if you have one as i am not here often so we can get to know each other better

2nd email he's getting brave;

[color=#4040BF]hello angel ,
I really appreciate this consistent communication and i will say it is a sign of will, and i tell you where there is a will there is success ahead. I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey and this is a journey that takes two to walk. I mean two souls who understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for true people,it is a place called joy and happiness.Really i just see in your face that i can live with this woman, not the beauty part alone, but the depth of your soul.

As i could remember, as a kid i was a very cute one,lol. One whom many bullies would target, but only to realise there is a tough side to me. I could make a sober person dance. i could affect one with my smile. I grew up having more older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell you, i am a type that doesn't judge. no matter how dirty you may be, just come clean to me, and i will give you support.

There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that is the bitter truth. When my wife passed, he told me that the fact that something good ends doesn't mean something better can't start. Can you prove that right? I have come to realize that let a man write a better book, let him preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co-pilot.

3rd email he's on fire now;
Hi cupcakes,

I just called you that after looking at those photos really got me on the edge,i must say you as cool as ice and twice as nice and i dont think i would have picked a better woman to share my emails with in my hole damn life ,like i would say roses are red,voilets are blue i dont think i would meet another as nice as you.

You see For the better part of my life so far I have been solely dedicated to my work with little distractions regardless of personal consequences this has taken enormous discipline and sacrifice. My plan has always been when I decide to find a woman and have a larger family, to be there for every moment of their lives. I don't want to miss a single moment and I need to put myself in a position to be financially sustainable to do so.

I like clasical music,rock,pop and Rnb,love going to the karoekes and singing it helps me unwind,i have been in UK for quite a number of years,moved here because of work purpose and my job takes me all round the world as i have been to asia ,africa and other parts of europe,travelling is one of my hobbies and i think my daughter took after me in that,she loves it in london so i have decided to make it my home permanently who knows.last weekend i was with withs and we had lunch thats all i had lots of sleep i sure needed it after a very hectic schedule the previous week before,i have a passion for football and i support the liverpool football club for many years now.I am from Milan italy is beautiful there i have a very small family not so big just my step brother whom my father had for another woman when he was still alive but we barely talk as we are not so close and i am the only one here in UK with my daughter, i guess that is about it for now if you have more questions about me kindly ask as i will be wiling to share.

Attached is a photo of myself and daughter hope u like it,i guess i have to stop now till i read from you again have a lovely night

Kisses xxx

Did you notice the comment that his daughter was in London .I was in London at exactly the same time and I had mentioned in my previous email to him that I going>Strange he never mentioned he was going to be there at the same time !

And last but not least his final email .You will read that again he was in London at the weekend but he's working on a rig in the North Sea at the same time ?. I don't think geography of the British Isles is his forte and time travel ! Trust me looking at his photos he's no DR Who.

Hello my wonderful one,

How are you today? Why am i getting addicted to my email? lol. I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read or write you. Wonderful. How was your night?. I knew something was missing since i haven't smiled all morning till now,lol. I was almost late this morning, i woke up late, i think i am becoming restful again, Maybe i could sense something good ahead of us.
What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am old.

Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with.

All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to get? How much do we need for shelter? how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but cant buy knowledge..

It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which cant be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather.

As regards my work, i am a civil engineer working at Sonatrach Petroleum Corporation company in UK , as an offsore worker which sometimes makes me work in oil rigs taking helicopters over seas,really great views but sometimes scary lol.most times when i travel i get to spend a month or more but too long,and as for my meeting someone new i am not in a hurry as i think anywere i find love distance is never a problem if the love is true and having more kids is not a priority for me.

If i had a ticket the one place i would like to visit is brazil never been there but know it is nice,walking on the beach ,just lying there looking at the sunset would be awesome and above all being there with someone you love will be fantastic.You have not really told me what you do,i know you ork but i am not sure on the type of job and the thing is if we have to know each other very well you have to trust me with every details hope you know what i mean.OMG!!! This email looks like an essay hope i havent writtn too much lol

I am glad that i could get your attention babe You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but i dont mind,lol.
Micheal

Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did .He really knows how to flatter a girls heart .It's a shame he decided to use his wordsmith skills to scam .He would have made a lovely poet .

Unfortunately as with all scammers they think nothing of peoples feelings and will use anything to get what they want.But I always like to think what goes around comes around and hopefully the same thing will happen to them.

Take care and remember the name Micheal Tiziano
[email protected] Steer well clear.

:lol:
#130521 by janneena Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm
My he's a fast learner just got himself a face book account under the name of Micheal Tiziano and has now moved from Gillingham Dorset ( as the address given on match.com) and is now in Bristol.
He must had read my last article on him when I mentioned lack of facebook account .
I'll keep you posted on his movements .Looks like the match.com account has now been deleated under that name he's probably still there lurking like the shark that he is.

:laugh-s:
#148356 by navyorchid Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm
I just wanted to thank you for the posts on this site...had someone contact me through match.com and my suspicion got the best of me after I googled the name and nothing appeared so I posted in one of the emails I had received into a plagiarism searcher and discovered the same "paragraphs" in multiple dating sites for both males and females in addition to this site.

Fortunately I always listen to that little voice and that old saying that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is....here is the couple of "Sam Berndtson's" emails. As you can see, most of the email is identical to those published here! Without the plagiarism checker, I might not have found out how common this is! Again Thanks!

"How are you? I got your email and I am glad you did write me. My flight was great; can you believe I was actually thinking about you while on the plane? Lol. I thought of using this medium in telling you about me. My name is Samuel Berndtson. My dad is of Swedish origin while my mom is an Ireland woman though lived most of her life with my dad in Stockholm, Sweden which is where I was born and raised. I am the only child of both my parents; my dad was an international business man who travels a lot while my mom was a house wife. My mom never talked much about her family but did make quite a lot of friends around the neighbourhood while we were still in Stockholm and everyone liked her cos she is down to earth woman. My mom was actually an orphan whose only family were close friends, when she first met my dad there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me, lol. During my father's global movement, I was left to live alone with my mom. I did most of my schooling in Sweden; I even went to Stockholm University but later left to study Civil Engineering, with specialization in mining and Geotechnical Engineering in university of calgary Alberta; where I got the first degree and later moved on to join my folks in the UK where my dad later relocated to with my mom; Tottenham to be precise. I did like it there though cos of their British accent which I thought sounded sexy, lol. We lost my dad to stroke in 2002. My mom said that only thing making her smile right now is that she has me and I do remind her so much of my him.

About my job, I am a Civil Engineer; I do mostly contract jobs which can last for a particular period. I have worked with about 4 different companies including Chevron; So far my job has been going on pretty good. I have a group of colleagues I work with as well, will tell you more about them later. Let me explain to you what it is that I really do for a living. I design things like roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, or water supply and sewage systems. It’s not an easy job though because I must consider many factors in the designs, from the costs to making sure the structure will stay intact during bad weather. Many civil engineers manage people and projects. A civil engineer may oversee a construction site or be a city engineer. Others may work in design, construction, research, and teaching. There are many specialties within civil engineering, such as structural, construction, environment and even transportation. Civil engineers usually work in areas where there is lots of manufacturing and businesses. I often work at construction sites. Sometimes we work in places that are far away from cities. Some times I tend to travel out to execute a job. Hope I am not boring you too much with my job thing, sorry about that.

More about me; I'm real easy going, extremely patient, I enjoy music (especially Country, slow rock, gospel), sports, movies and life. I enjoy a good meal with good conversation, my favourite colour happens to be blue. I love Red wine and my favourite food is Chinese; not really a big fan of sushi cos I like my food cooked, lol. A romantic evening for me would be a quiet meal at a nice restaurant and an easy walk hand in hand. I am passionate, loving, respectful, open minded, honest, man that appreciate a lady of character and integrity. I don't consider myself to be high maintenance but appreciates quality.

I moved to Richmond, Virginia after I lost my wife to cancer 6 years back which is basically the reason why I moved up here cos I just couldn’t live in the house cos it brings back memories. Sorry it wasn’t included on my profile; my apologies. The present project I am working on happens to my last on the field but will be working from home while my men do the field operations. I think I really have gotten to the height cos I embraced work for so long trying to get over my late wife but realized it was time for me to move on. I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labour. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything, someone who understands the value of a good smile, someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can’t make love anymore.

I will say it is a sign of will, and I tell you where there is a will there is success ahead. I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey and this is a journey that takes two to walk. I mean two souls who understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for true people. It is a place called joy and happiness.

My son Jason who is 27 moved to the UK with his girlfriend of 7years so he can be close to my mom. He has been in the UK for about 7 months now but I do make sure I talk to him everyday to make sure he is doing fine. Both my mom and my son along with his girlfriend are planning on visiting me when I get back to the states. As I could remember, as a kid I was a very cute one,lol. One whom many bullies would target, but only to realise there is a tough side to me. I could make a sober person dance. I could affect one with my smile. I grew up having older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell you, I am a type that doesn't judge. No matter how dirty you may be, just come clean to me, and I will give your support.

There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that is the bitter truth. When I lost my wife, he told me that the fact that something good ends doesn't mean something better can’t start. Can you prove that right? I have come to realise that , let a man write a better book, let him preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co pilot.

My usual saying and I am known for it, is that, Life is simple, for those who take it simple. I don't like to complicate things; there is joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look it from.

My mother is old now but can still sing, can you believe that? lol. I attached a picture of her as well. Now she can’t wait to have a proper family, and I can’t wait to have a happy home too. After my last project here in Dubai, UAE, I am quitting field works. Any other job would only require my attention from my home office wherever I go. I want to spend the rest of my life having fun. I would still say I have no home because I have no partner to come back home to. Would you stand by me to build a home? Would you smile at me when I look tense? I don't need a super model, I rather need a very good friend who knows when I am tensed just by looking into my eyes and a super woman. The whole world may be mad at me, but if you are smiling at me, I would care less.

I say, who says we can’t pick rags and turn to riches? Who says we can’t design our own paradise together."
#148975 by mchyzik Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm
Oh my gosh,, I have the same guy sending me emails right now.. and they are IDENTICAL to your's! Met him on match. What is he after???? He has sent me pictures, some with his 'mom'... so not right! What can we do to get him prosecuted?
#148981 by digtracey1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm
Hi Ladies-

I have received the EXACT same emails from Sam the Scam within the last week or two. I "met" him on Match.com also. I researched some of his claims and came up with nothing on his background, etc. Then I found this site! Thanks for sharing. I am no longer on Match as I found it to be very disappointing with the quality of people I "met" on there. This was the final death knell for me. If you are still on Match, you should report him and send a scam alert to them. I believe there is a link or contact email on there to do so.

Here's the text he sent today. I would attach a picture, but for some reason I am not able to.

How was your night? There is no better way of starting my day. Thanks for the lovely mail, I always have a smile on my face when ever I see a mail from you. Can you imagine how yesterday went for me? I was with the nine rascals at the quarters. Oh! I need to tell you who the nine rascals are. They are my professional buddies. We work together; we have more of a friendship relationship than Employee employer relationship. When one of us has an occasion to grace, you would be thrilled. We could act much and make a crowd laugh out their stress. There is Nelson, Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, and mike. Nelson met Debby online while we were in Africa, then we moved out after our project. Then Chan was always getting on Nelson's nerves, but really, they have always been like that. Bishop would call them, cat and dog. They would make fun of each other and I tell you the whole party would laugh. But today, Even Debby is Chan's best friend. After their [/color][/color]marriage, we went to Saudi to bid for a project on one of their oil platforms. I personally logged most of my funds in the bidding's and so did many of us. It got to a point that we were knocked out by their local politics. It left us almost stranded, please don't laugh at us,lol. But somehow you wouldn't believe it , Debby did most of the work of getting our naughty asses out of there. We were disappointed that we lost big, but as humans, we don't know God has a bigger plan for us. Just the week we got back to Europe, we got this biggest project of our career in Dubai. We were bidding for a 7.5 million gain project and we got a gift of over 12 m,lol. Most of my colleagues still have this envy in them, but as it is , I did not make myself but God did. When we went back to the states to finalize nelson's wedding. We met her family. My dear, they had us for days and the old man did not want the rascals to go. They impacted so much into their lives. Even the man calls on us like a father time to time till now. What I know is that, we were able to get people's love , not because of wealth but because of our simplicity. That is one thing that can never be compromised in life. So yesterday, I gave them an exclusive on how i met this woman who has become a screen saver on my mind, and they were thrilled, saying they can’t wait to meet her. They promised they had a bet on who would be closer to her. can you believe that. They all said, Hey .....pls put up her pic in the main room,lol. I can’t wait to finish this project ASAP so I can come show you how much I can steal your heart, Let us see if you can resist this Happy man! LOL. The day was fun cos we left early. And I start visualising how soon I can see my woman. So tell me, do you think you have listened to your heart? Listen to it and you will find out how much you can gain! I am just a man who wants my best friend with me. Someone I can look at and smile for no reason. Someone I can’t wait to get home to be with. Someone to hold in my arms and whisper to her ears. someone to run my fingers through her hair. Someone who is never afraid of telling her deepest thoughts to me. Someone who sees me more as her twin. What do you think? By the way, I hope you too took your profile off the market,lol. I attached a pic for you, the lady in blue is Debby while the guy behind her happens to be Nelson. I hope you like it. Loving thoughts, Sam

me with friends.jpg
56K View [/i]
#149013 by Dotti Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 pm
Welcome mchyzik and digtracey1,

I'm glad you both recognized this scammer for what he is and didn't get too attached or lose money.

In response to the questions:
What is he after????

The answer to this is simple. All of these scammers use the same tactic--a whirlwind romance, and the illusion of a serious relationship with a real future. Once you are hooked, of course, a crisis will arise--one that can only be solved with your money. His life, the life of his child, or your future relationship will be dependent on you sending money, or a phone, or a laptop somewhere. If you comply with the first request, it would be followed by a series of future requests--one after another, until you finally give up or simply have nothing left to give.

What can we do to get him prosecuted?

Nothing, I'm afraid. The person who is actually writing you is a young, African man who is not even in the same country. He is most likely sitting in Africa or Malaysia. He has absolutely no connection to the man in the photos; he doesn't even know that man. He just stole the photos from the internet and invented a name. His whole history is fiction, either invented by him or copied from something else online.
Even if you knew who he was--you can't just call the police and have him arrested. Because he is in another country, your local law enforcement can't do anything. It would require an international investigation, a process that is extremely costly, full of red tape, and requires a great deal of manpower--and that's only if the government of his country of residence agrees to pursue it--they don't have to. And, if they could gather sufficient evidence to charge him, extradition is another complicated and challenging process.
Because of these challenges, action typically won't be taken until hundreds of thousands of dollars have been lost.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#149233 by jolly_roger Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 am
One of the best ways to counteract scams and the conniving tricksters is to post all the relevant details. The ratbags email address, maybe a phone number it uses, a residential location, publish a photo sent by the scammer marked 'used by scammer' or words to that effect, post up an email header, how did the scammer make contact etcetera, etcetera. All the information that members supply is of great help when peopl are conducting an internet search. Unfortunate to say but prosecution of scammers happens all to rarely but does happen on the odd occasion.
#150825 by ingridzco3 Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 pm
OMG! This is too funny, in sad kind of creepy way, but I totally had the exact same experience and reaction that the previous post. I knew this was coming, asking for $, but they hung in there for quite awhile. I guess he/they get enough in responses to hang in there for a couple of months. He was certainly barking up the wrong tree with me, I m broke! And it felt great to tell him that. I also forwarded whatever info to match.com.But i am glad to know that there us a plagarism checker, thanks!
#150837 by ingridzco3 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm
This is the email I received, it would be fascinating reading under different circumstances. [email protected] is the the current identity. He also sent a 'copy' of the stop payment order which came straight from the UAE government. The name listed on the letter is Samuel V Berndtson. I can't quite figure out how to copy it yet.....

Morning Beautiful,
How are you doing? Your mail did put a smile on my face even though I am going through a rough time. It seems these Arabs are putting foreign contractor through “HELL” I really don’t know how words could probably explain what I’m going right mow cos it is giving me a headache. This wasn’t suppose to come out but if I’m going to be in a relationship with you, the list I could do is be honest and try not to hide anything from you no matter what may be. I’m suppose to have my face filled with smile but instead it is filled with sadness, we had an agreement with these Arabs that our payment for the project should be remitted before the project is completed but it seems they are taking a different turn as it is now which is really upsetting me at this point. Can you believe my payment was actually released by the National Bank of Abu Dhabi as agree but a stop order was issued on the payment so basically now my payment is pending. The Arab Government is requesting a 3% tax on the amount before it will be set for immediate released into my account. This was a total shock to me and it came when I list expected. The 3% tax amounted to US 360, 000 and I do not have up to that amount cos I did put most of my funds in this project and I’m glad everything is going on well except for the tax amount which is really bothering me now and it will affect me a whole lot if the payment is being called back, with the help of my colleagues a total of US 265, 000 has been raised but leaving a balance US 95, 000 to complete the amount and I have a limited time in sorting this out or my funds will be called back and I definitely do not want that to happen which was why I also tried applying for a loan at their local banks here in the UAE but was refused because I am a non-residence and with what just happened to the American Ambassador; I am scared and don’t want anything bad to happen to me while here until I get back home. I don’t know how you will take this and do not mean to upset you in anyway but I will honest and tell you now that I’m not trying to take advantage of our relationship and have no intentions what so ever to so such now or in the future and that I assure you. I know this might not be the right time to ask for a favour but I have no other option that to drop my pride and go ahead to ask anyway, with the hope that it doesn’t get you upset. Please sweets; if there is anyway you can be of assistance to me please let me know for I could really use a helping hand at this point and you can be rest assured that I will pay you back in full which I’m willing to put a writing for your perusal. I do hope you understand my situation. Thank you for giving me a reason to believe in love again, weather or not you are able for the tax doesn’t matter cos it sure does not make me love you any less. I hope this does not spoil your day; I need to get to work for we are supposed to round up pretty soon.
Stay safe ok? So I will meet you in good health.
Loving thoughts,
Sam

"Going through a rough time now, can I ask you for a favour?" Sent 2 days before the above email.

Sent Sunday 2/10/13

From Sam Vignal
"Morning xxxx,
How are you doing? Hope you had a good night rest? Thanks for touching base with me, I look forward to your mail.
Sam"

Sent to me on 2/10/13

Morning Sunshine,

How was your night? The rascals said “HI” talking about the name, it was just a random name I decided to call them due to the way they always play around with each other, lol. They all live in the states but not with me, we actually come together while working on a project but do not live together. Talking about simplicity and wealth, they are some wealthy people out there, both men and women who don’t act the same, some can be rich and still play around with their old friends while some will have the behaviour towards their old friends simply because he or she is not as rich as he or she is too, I have seen people change because of wealth which I will say is not a good thing because they let the riches/wealth control them rather than them controlling the wealth, enough about that for now.

You must wonder why I called you sunshine; I just can't get the picture of you off my mind. I felt like giving a hug, lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one I have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personality. The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been yourself. That is good, because if I ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn’t walk more than miles to see more beauty, If I love you for wealth, I wouldn’t walk more miles to see more, If I love you for smiles, I would see more in tv,lol But the only thing I can fall in love with is you, that cant be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! That is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like I said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. The answers are never there, trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed,. The medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren’t offenders. If everyone are vegetarians, Oh my! Guess how many people would not earn a living. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. Who would do the laundry? Who would drive the car? who would guard who? Who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. You are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that. We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we can’t live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we can’t change. Because, the only constant thing in life is, CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because I know you at least care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if I am still alive,lol. That is something. So I want your help today. There is this woman, whom I just met, and I could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but I would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, I am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must at least learn to stand on his feet! Tell her if she is willing, I would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything.

Once I have her hand, I can promise her forever. Tell her I know this is not going to be a kid walk, tell her I know there are times we would argue in future. But tell her I would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. Because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. Tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.

You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.

Loving thoughts,

Sam

And this one seems to one a favorite of his, i got it 2/8/13 along with a pic of a lovely group of people having fun:
Morning xxxxx,

How was your night? Thanks for sharing with me how your day went. There is no better way of starting my day. Thanks for the lovely mail, I always have a smile on my face when ever I see a mail from you. Can you imagine how yesterday went for me? I was with the nine rascals at the quarters. Oh! I need to tell you who the nine rascals are. They are my professional buddies. We work together; we have more of a friendship relationship than Employee employer relationship. When one of us has an occasion to grace, you would be thrilled. We could act much and make a crowd laugh out their stress. There is Nelson, Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, and mike. Nelson met Debby online while we were in Africa, then we moved out after our project. Then Chan was always getting on Nelson's nerves, but really, they have always been like that. Bishop would call them, cat and dog.

They would make fun of each other and I tell you the whole party would laugh. But today, Even Debby is Chan's best friend. After their marriage, we went to Saudi to bid for a project on one of their oil platforms. I personally logged most of my funds in the bidding's and so did many of us. It got to a point that we were knocked out by their local politics. It left us almost stranded, please don't laugh at us,lol. But somehow you wouldn't believe it , Debby did most of the work of getting our naughty asses out of there. We were disappointed that we lost big, but as humans, we don't know God has a bigger plan for us. Just the week we got back to Europe, we got this biggest project of our career in Dubai. We were bidding for a 7.5 million gain project and we got a gift of over 12 m,lol.

Most of my colleagues still have this envy in them, but as it is , I did not make myself but God did. When we went back to the states to finalize nelson's wedding. We met her family. My dear, they had us for days and the old man did not want the rascals to go. They impacted so much into their lives. Even the man calls on us like a father time to time till now. What I know is that, we were able to get people's love , not because of wealth but because of our simplicity. That is one thing that can never be compromised in life. So yesterday, I gave them an exclusive on how i met this woman who has become a screen saver on my mind, and they were thrilled, saying they can’t wait to meet her. They promised they had a bet on who would be closer to her. can you believe that. They all said, Hey .....pls put up her pic in the main room,lol.

I can’t wait to finish this project ASAP so I can come show you how much I can steal your heart, Let us see if you can resist this Happy man! LOL. The day was fun cos we left early. And I start visualising how soon I can see my woman.

So tell me, do you think you have listened to your heart? Listen to it and you will find out how much you can gain! I am just a man who wants my best friend with me. Someone I can look at and smile for no reason. Someone I can’t wait to get home to be with. Someone to hold in my arms and whisper to her ears. someone to run my fingers through her hair. Someone who is never afraid of telling her deepest thoughts to me. Someone who sees me more as her twin.

What do you think?

By the way, I hope you too took your profile off the market,lol. I attached a pic for you, the lady in blue is Debby while the guy behind her happens to be Nelson. I hope you like it.

Loving thoughts,

Sam"

Received 2/6/13:
"Morning xxxxx,

How was your night? Thanks for sharing more about you with me, I am glad we are on the same page about this and I want you to know that I am not all about the outside beauty of a woman but the inner beauty, what is all about and what she can bring to the table. Honestly, you are doing something special to me in your own way and I like that, lol. I mean after all these years; I never would have thought I might not have the possibilities again of having my dream woman, my partner, my best friend and co pilot. I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams. It doesn’t scare me anyways because truly, Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end. The inevitable truth is, if it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one.

Haven to wake up every morning by 6 for work; working from then till late at night, yet being able to be distracted by this woman. I have over 300 labourers here, both skilled and locals, yet all could notice a new glow on my face. LOL. Nelson; a colleague of got married almost two years now. He found his woman on the net and to be sincere, he inspired us. I would love to find my woman first, then building a home would start from there. I am being true to my feelings, as my old friend would say, Never question if you are in love or not, because if you were you wouldn't need to ask. So the best of men, would accept what they feel without questions, because truly, Love and death cant be escaped, no one can tell, when, how, or where. It is never too early or too late.LOL.

What is more important to you the love you share, the memories you have or the lover? Give love a chance to swallow you up. Don't just think it will happen in a instant, it will surprise you before you know it, but it will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have.

If you are as open minded and simple as me, I can promise you that the sky would be the limit.

Loving thoughts,

Sam"

And this one from 2/4/13
"Morning Ingrid,

How was your night? Thanks for the beautiful pic; I am glad you like the one I sent you as well. Reading from you makes me feel like we have known each other a long time, I really havern’t had time to do some sight seeing and take a couple of pics but as soon as I am done with this project I will find time to do some sight seeing and take a couple of pics for you as well. I guess I am getting addicted to my email because the first thing I did when I got to work was to check my laptop for an email from you and there it was so I thought of taking my time to write you back. My name should be changed to smiley face because that is what I have been doing since I opened up my email. I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read from you. I knew something was missing since I haven’t smiled all morning till now,lol. I was almost late for work this morning, I woke up late, I think I am becoming restful again, maybe I could sense something good ahead of us. Honestly, I just need a woman to hold me before I am old. Absolutely I have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen.

We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. How much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter? How much do we need for daily fun? Excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As I always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. It can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books, but cant buy knowledge. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods, she can make me smile in all weather.

I am glad that I could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and I intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but I don’t mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. It would be lovely to hear the voice behind this emails so I am also ready to take this to another level,let me hear the voice of an angel. Be warned I have been told I have an unsorted accent, but sexy,lol. Please provide me with a number to reach you on.

I have attached some of my pictures along.

Loving thoughts,

Sam"

But wait, there's more! 2/4/13

Hello xxxx,

How are you? Thank you for I really appreciate this consistent communication and for taking your time in telling me about your self. I will say it is a sign of will, and I tell you where there is a will there is success ahead. I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey and this is a journey that takes two to walk. I mean two souls who understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for true people. It is a place called joy and happiness.

My son Jason who is 27 moved to the UK with his girlfriend of 7years so he can be close to my mom. He has been in the UK for about 7 months now but I do make sure I talk to him everyday to make sure he is doing fine. Both my mom and my son along with his girlfriend are planning on visiting me when I get back to the states. As I could remember, as a kid I was a very cute one,lol. One whom many bullies would target, but only to realise there is a tough side to me. I could make a sober person dance. I could affect one with my smile. I grew up having older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell you, I am a type that doesn't judge. No matter how dirty you may be, just come clean to me, and I will give your support.

There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that is the bitter truth. When I lost my wife, he told me that the fact that something good ends doesn't mean something better can’t start. Can you prove that right? I have come to realise that , let a man write a better book, let him preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co pilot.

My usual saying and I am known for it, is that, Life is simple, for those who take it simple. I don't like to complicate things; there is joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look it from.

My mother is old now but can still sing, can you believe that? lol. I attached a picture of her as well. Now she can’t wait to have a proper family, and I can’t wait to have a happy home too. After my last project here in Dubai, UAE, I am quitting field works. Any other job would only require my attention from my home office wherever I go. I want to spend the rest of my life having fun. I would still say I have no home because I have no partner to come back home to. Would you stand by me to build a home? Would you smile at me when I look tense? I don't need a super model, I rather need a very good friend who knows when I am tensed just by looking into my eyes and a super woman. The whole world may be mad at me, but if you are smiling at me, I would care less.

I say, who says we can’t pick rags and turn to riches? Who says we can’t design our own paradise together.

It is workable just walk by my side; please send me a picture of your beautiful self.

Loving thoughts, "

And then there is the classic:
"Morning xxxx,

How are you? I got your email and I am glad you did write me. My flight was great; can you believe I was actually thinking about you while on the plane? Lol. I thought of using this medium in telling you about me. My name is Samuel Berndtson. My dad is of Swedish origin while my mom is an Ireland woman though lived most of her life with my dad in Stockholm, Sweden which is where I was born and raised. I am the only child of both my parents; my dad was an international business man who travels a lot while my mom was a house wife. My mom never talked much about her family but did make quite a lot of friends around the neighbourhood while we were still in Stockholm and everyone liked her cos she is down to earth woman. My mom was actually an orphan whose only family were close friends, when she first met my dad there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me, lol. During my father's global movement, I was left to live alone with my mom. I did most of my schooling in Sweden; I even went to Stockholm University but later left to study Civil Engineering, with specialization in mining and Geotechnical Engineering in university of calgary Alberta; where I got the first degree and later moved on to join my folks in the UK where my dad later relocated to with my mom; Tottenham to be precise. I did like it there though cos of their British accent which I thought sounded sexy, lol. We lost my dad to stroke in 2002. My mom said that only thing making her smile right now is that she has me and I do remind her so much of my him.

About my job, I am a Civil Engineer; I do mostly contract jobs which can last for a particular period. I have worked with about 4 different companies including Chevron; So far my job has been going on pretty good. I have a group of colleagues I work with as well, will tell you more about them later. Let me explain to you what it is that I really do for a living. I design things like roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, or water supply and sewage systems. It’s not an easy job though because I must consider many factors in the designs, from the costs to making sure the structure will stay intact during bad weather. Many civil engineers manage people and projects. A civil engineer may oversee a construction site or be a city engineer. Others may work in design, construction, research, and teaching. There are many specialties within civil engineering, such as structural, construction, environment and even transportation. Civil engineers usually work in areas where there is lots of manufacturing and businesses. I often work at construction sites. Sometimes we work in places that are far away from cities. Some times I tend to travel out to execute a job. Hope I am not boring you too much with my job thing, sorry about that.

More about me; I'm real easy going, extremely patient, I enjoy music (especially Country, slow rock, gospel), sports, movies and life. I enjoy a good meal with good conversation, my favourite colour happens to be blue. I love Red wine and my favourite food is Chinese; not really a big fan of sushi cos I like my food cooked, lol. A romantic evening for me would be a quiet meal at a nice restaurant and an easy walk hand in hand. I am passionate, loving, respectful, open minded, honest, man that appreciate a lady of character and integrity. I don't consider myself to be high maintenance but appreciates quality.

I moved to Richmond, Virginia after I lost my wife to cancer 6 years back which is basically the reason why I moved up here cos I just couldn’t live in the house cos it brings back memories. Sorry it wasn’t included on my profile; my apologies. The present project I am working on happens to my last on the field but will be working from home while my men do the field operations. I think I really have gotten to the height cos I embraced work for so long trying to get over my late wife but realized it was time for me to move on. I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labour. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything, someone who understands the value of a good smile, someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can’t make love anymore.

I will be looking forward to reading from you, so we can chat and get more acquainted.

Your turn!

Sam"

This was 1/26/13 and I think was the first non-Match.com email
Hi there beautiful,
How is your day going? Please accept my apologies for I should have written you earlier but I was actually getting prepared for a business trip to the UAE. My flight leaves for 3pm in the afternoon tomorrow; if you are not too busy tomorrow may be we could meet for coffee before my trip. I am very happy you did write me back and I definitely would not want this to be the end of our correspondence. I will be gone for about 3 weeks though it would be a great idea to use this medium in getting to know more about each other so that meeting in person when I get back won't be that difficult. I just wanted to know if this ok with you. I will be looking forward to your reply.
Sam"

Moderator edited to delete personal information, add quote boxes and spacing. ~Bubbles
#151037 by ingridzco3 Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 pm
Well done, ladies. Sam Vigal must be getting desparate, which means we are catching on earlier. Received this morning:

"Thanks for your care and I do understand you don't want to help out even though it doesn't make me like you any less. Enjoy your sunday dear.
Sam"
#154675 by LJames Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 am
CheezBall strikes again. Yup Ladies...Me too! Thank God it didn't go too far- just a few days. Very cute guy (in the picture- poor fella who was hijacked) but his over the top emails made me both suspicious and nauseous. I found this forum when I entered his emails into google and sure enough, they are identical!
He is currently on match under this username.
johnsteff71
Here's the link.
http://www.match.com/profile/showProfil ... o=2&lid=18

He redirects you to his yahoo email (so be suspicious of anyone who does that). That email is [email protected]

I've emailed match and hopefully they will kick him off (under this alias).
Hmmm...would like to post his photos also but can't seem to. Too bad.