If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#57015 by Whitney Belle Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am
Hello you all and especially Taurus60:

Steven Bobbitts is still sending emails to you. I felt really bad for Taurus60 lost lots of money to his crabby emails. What can we do to help. I will post his letters here later this week, however, I did research in depth, Steven Bobbitts was impersonating a very successful businessman, his name is Larry Bobbitt from Houston, TX. He owns OEG offshore, LLC. This company is based in Aberdeen and has many operational stations, one in Australia. They did win a contract of $1million, just as somebody sent someone the scams about that contract around March 2010. And the real contract was also awarded in March 2010. How did this Steven Bobbitts impersonator would follow the real Mr. Larry Bobbitt so close. I sent a letter to Mr. Larry Bobbitt and also forwarded him letters from Steven Bobbitts and told him someone knew all his things was trying to impersonator him. Larry Bobbitt email address is [email protected]. I don't think this well known businessman is caught in the middle but the impersonator Steven Bobbitts's story was exactly like him.

Please advise you'll all!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to gather all our power together to get rid of this awful experience. Some of us even losing big time of money and I paid very big sympathy on them. It was unnecessary.

Thanks!!

WB

Advertisement

#60699 by Jazzineva Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am
Thank you so much for this site and the warning before I got caught by this guy I "met" on mingle.com! I've been suspicious of him since the beginning but kind of had fun with our correspondence regardless. I haven't had a romantic interest in over 10 years so I did come close to falling for him, though previous experiences kept me skeptical. I've nicknamed the guy Mr. T and I'm pretty darned sure he's also come back as yet another guy in addition on mingle.com by the name of Donald! Different picture but most very likely the same guy.

I've decided to string "both of them" along a very wee bit and simply jokingly emphasize the actual truth - I'm on welfare and have a chronic illness so he can't ever get any money out of me - period! I honestly don't have any - lol. Figure this will be better than getting angry with him or having him get angry with me. I'm also a bit curious to see how he'll go about trying anyway...or how he's going to get out of his ambition to meet me in Berlin when he's actually in Africa. We'll see. All he's gotten from me is my email address and for sure, he's definitely not going to get anything else!

Here's what he's written with highlights of lines I found here on your site to clue me in. Otherwise, he really sounded sincere sometimes. These guys are getting more pro and more personal at their business. Pretty awful. WATCH OUT! and Thanks again!

• Subject: Re: If only you are real
• Sent: End of June, 2011
Good Evening,

Thank you for your mail. It should be noted that age is a number so your age does not have anything to do with me I saw it before I picked interest in your profile.

However I will be leaving for Shanghai , China for a business Trip in 3 days time. Due to this business trip it would not be possible for us to have a physical meeting within the next 2 weeks. Exchanging emails would be the best way for us to know ourselves better while I'm away.

I do not live in Berlin but I'm planning to move there very soon and so I thought it would be better to put Berlin as my location for people I intend to meet in the future. My stay in Hamburg is very Temporary, I only live there because it is where the only people I know in Germany are right now. I would like to tell you some Basic but important things about me.

My job is a long story, to put it simply, I am a Private Contractor in the Petroleum engineering sector and also a Business Man. I used to work as a Contract Engineer for Micron Eagle Engineering Group based in Aberdeen, Scotland and Houston, Texas. I worked there for years before deciding to become my own Boss as an international Energy consultant for sources of Alternative Energy. Being an employee of a Major Engineering company like Micron Eagle was one of the reasons I travelled to most of the places I' ve been to.

However, I am also a very independent man and I am lucky enough to sponsor myself for leisure travelling to some of the places I've been to. If you are interested in the details of what my Job entails, it would have to be in another email. Hamburg was not were I intended to move to when I left Texas initially.
One of the main reasons why I moved to Europe was because of my job. There are many other reasons but I will tell you about it in the future when/if we meet or maybe in another email. I'm always very direct and straight forward I used to smoke but I quit a year ago.

I drink occasionally. I am a very spontaneous person. I tell you what is on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally. believe life is like a book, people who don't travel just read only a few pages. I'm telling you this right now because it is possible I relocate for unknown reasons in the future.

I'm also a very Optimistic and Open Minded person. Being Optimistic and Open minded has always attracted people to me Naturally. I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the Outer Beauty or physical appearance. I believe in the Beauty on the Inside because I learned long ago that it is much better. I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more.

I'm new to internet dating, however I think you are a sincere and Genuine person. So now its your turn. Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know. Or maybe something you are proud of about you. I'm an Open book, so don't hesitate to ask whatever you want to know about me..

Bye for now. I will write more tomorrow but I also hope to read from you soon. You can write via my private email below or maybe let me have your email add. in your next mail.

Thompson
(thompson.bill62 @yahoo.co.uk)
END OF JUNE, 2011
Good day (my real name) ,

I have decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning..

My father was German and my Mum was from Switzerland. They are both deceased. My parents met in Hamburg and back then my dad was a social worker for the German Government...They got married, had only one son (me) and decided to keep it that way. We stayed in Hamburg for years then we moved to Dublin, Ireland, My Dad tried to pursue a career there as a Professional Antiques collector, This was were we lived until I lost them both.

I lost my Dad to an Auto crash in 1978 , I guessed my Mother loved him too much and so the following year she became seriously ill and later gave in to join her husband. Those were very tough times for me. About a year later I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool, she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
We got married(1981) and moved to the Medical Centre area of Houston in Texas. Shortly after we had our only child Marianne. In 2006 June, my wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and this ended up claiming her life in February 2007. Marianne lives with her husband and my granddaughter in Austin, Texas.

I've been widowed since 2007 and although I have been in a couple of relationships nothing really ever came out of it. I believe that every encounter has its purpose. I do not live in the past and I always believed in LIVING in the NOW!! TODAY is a gift that is why it is called the PRESENT! Moving to Germany has been very rewarding in a lot of ways for me.

I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves. I travel a lot and exploring the world is something I hope to do for the rest of my days.. I was born into a Christian home but as time went by, the conditions surrounding me made it imperative that I experienced other ways of life while growing up... I do not regret any of this and it has brought me to the level of understanding of the Human world that I have today.. I'm interested in many things including: history, humanity and world cultures.

I love hiking in the mountains and by the sea. Nature is a healing and uplifting influence upon my spirit, and in its beauty, I feel connected to the Universe. All so if you will permit me I will be there for all the time and give the upliftment that will make you forget all pains . I consider myself a practical individual who is complex at times but grounded in values that are universally good.

Am I perfect? Definitely not! Who is? But my sincere desire is to learn how to improve my imperfections in order to become the best that I can be as an ordinary functioning human being. I approach life with a sense of openness to new experiences and adventures with humour and wit, I'm willing to try things previously untried, while engaging all my faculties to absorb all that I can, because I happen to have an insatiable appetite for understanding the mechanisms of our reality and human behaviour as a whole.
In this regard, I have travelled extensively around the globe - Africa, Europe, Turkey, Japan, India, South East Asia, The Middle East, South America, around the US and the Caribbean Islands; Shortly before I moved to Germany I was on a 2 weeks cruise around the Caribbean (my 5th around the islands). Travel; which gives value to time spent on this planet, is continuously giving me new perspectives that are filled with exciting experiences and much spiritual and cultural enrichment.

I look forward to hearing further from you.

Bye for now,

Bill T.
7/27/2011 1:27:25 AM Westeuropäische Sommerzeit
[email protected]

Hello …,

I have been busy settling down here in Shanghai. Business culture varies from place to place, but this is my first entirely independent business trip. My journeys in the past were usually on company assignments.

However, I always take time out to enjoy where ever I find myself on the planet and also try to learn somethings about the culture and people there. Life is simple, for those who take it simple. I am quite contented with where I am today. I don't like to complicate things, there is joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look at it from but because we live in a Monetary system we spend most of our lives trying to acquire wealth and secondary needs, while our primary needs and goals are left unseen.

I worked very hard, for a very long time to make sure I acquired a lot of wealth, but in the long run, apart from the money to acquire some luxuries, for what purpose would you need more money? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. I know I have spent more than half of my lifetime on this planet already, this realisation has made me start to re-asses what my Main Goals in life are. What could be more important than a happy ending?

A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he has no happy ending if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own, Wife and Best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing we still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime :-) . A woman who I can tell anything. I think it is time for me to find this woman or die trying, because I embraced my work for so long trying to get over my late wife, that I worked so hard but now the time has come for me to move on and find Love and Happiness again.

My Daughter told me that just because something good has ended does not mean something better can not start. Why am I telling you about the kind of woman I want? I don't want to become really attached to someone who might not be looking for the same things I'm looking for in a relationship.

However, I want to let you know that I am so glad to read from you after a long time of espectation, I quit sure you are getting much better now. I also felt compelled to tell you a lot more about me in my next mail. I hope to read from you soon.

Lots Of Regards,

Bill T.
7/28/2011
[email protected]
Hello (my real name),

I have been equally busy over here with my business plans here in Shanghai. Ever since I stopped working for my former employers and decided to be my own boss, I have been involved with a little of everything surrounding the alternative energy sector. Something that interests me is good for the environment and of course with anyone paying attention to the price of gas these days, very lucrative as well.

Initially I was mainly involved with the conversions of gas stations into handling gas with more than %10 ethanol. The projected involved bringing equipment to Germany that would be used to make the proper adaptations to the current technology, so gas stations can sell gas with more than 10 % ethanol. I usually had to travel to UK to purchase mechanical parts.
Right now, I'm here to invest in a newly discovered Technological invention of Vehicle fuel Pump adaptors which make use of special kinds of Biofuels (E70 - E90) . Biofuels usually consist of less than 15 % Ethanol, but with the new invention I'm here for, it would be possible for normal Vehicles to make use of Biofuels with upto 90 % Ethanol without the need to modify the vehicles engine. I hope you understand my mission here now.

After reading your email this night, I can tell you must have been through a lot of significant experiences in your life. I just want you to know that, I'm not the kind of person who is desperate to find a partner, being just friends is ok for me. To be honest I like to be friends with potential partners before thinking about getting serious. All my life I have been a successful career man... I am sometimes competitive. I set my professional and personal goals. I work hard to achieve them. I believe in a balanced life. I work hard and play harder now a days. I am blessed to be able to travel. I love to pamper and be pampered by my woman.

I am very affectionate and romantic. I am a natural pleaser and would do everything reasonable to please my woman. My two top LOVE languages are PHYSICAL TOUCH and verbal affirmation. I touch to convey my feelings and I verbally affirm my intimate feelings. There is more to physical chemistry. There should be emotional, spiritual chemistry. In fact, by talking on the phone we can discover if we have the verbal communication chemistry. My love-life is very important but I am very cautious because I do not want to get hurt.

That's another reason why I also like to be friends for sometime before moving to the level of being intimate partners.. I am very receptive, sensitive and reflective. When it comes to finding a partner, I am looking for a woman who has lots of integrity, someone who is expressive of her feelings and believes in OPEN COMMUNICATIONS. I believe honesty is the best policy. My dad used to tell me that if you tell the truth, you do not have to remember anything. The truth will always set you free in the long run. I seek a seriously inclined woman of substance who is sincere about making this online process work for a mutually exciting experience.

Someone who is unattached and emotionally available to share and expand life with as: partners, companions, friends or lovers - someone with whom I can communicate with words, touch and even our silence - looking forward together in the same direction, while creating our own bubble in which to cuddle and escape from life's daily annoyances; mutually growing in a comfortable way without sacrificing either of our individuality, with respect for each other's culture and beliefs; still exploring our amazing world with the excitement of discovery - and each other's minds and emotions to whatever degree. I have gone out on a couple of dates ever since I lost my wife, but nothing that was really serious came out of it. I communicated via email and phone calls with a few women and when you get to know them in person, they turned out to be the opposite.

They were 2 who were very emotionally unstable but said they were ready for a monogamous relationship, but yet they are still dating 3 men. I guess the connection just wasn’ t there. I would only want my relationship based on honesty and sincerity. I am tired of women who want to play games. I do not believe in one night stands. Sex is very beautiful when you are with somebody you really care about and have a very strong emotional connections. I am a very happy person and living life to the fullest. I do not need a woman, I want to be with the right woman who will be crazy about me and who I will be crazy about her. Somebody that I look forward to being with everyday to share my joys, my sorrow and my pains.

I believe in teamwork/ cooperation and that together humans make short term and long term goals. I take care of myself by living healthy: moderate eating, regular exercise and staying positive happy and grateful everyday! I have been reading a great book “ The truth about love”. It is very informative on the three stages of love: Chemistry, Compatibility and COMMITMENT! So even though I want to be friends at first, I am not just looking for friends, I'm also looking for the LOVE of MY LIFE who I want to grow old with graciously.

Looking forward to talking to you soon and my pix I shall send it soon.

Bill.
7/28/2011
[email protected]
Dear ….,

Every time I read an email from you, I get more interested in meeting you physically. I can almost hear the cheerfulness of your personality in the words you write me and I think you must smile a lot. That is great and I love that, because I try to be that way as well. Like I told you previously, I am a very positive person and try to remain that way, no matter the circumstances..

I understand all you have written I just wish I was sitting in front of you sharing thoughts together... We seem to have a lot in common, I sometimes consider myself ambitious because I have a lot of dreams I wish to achieve before I die.... I moved to Germany for work related reasons and other personal reasons I will share with you when we meet personally.

I like to go Skiing in the Winter. Two places I usually go to are Rossland, in British Columbia and Winter Park, Colorado. Now that I'm in Europe I intend to visit some Ski resorts in Austria, like Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. I like to read all kinds of books ranging from Non Fiction to Biographies, I also like super thrillers and Espionage stories. I have a whole lot of other things I do to catch some fun but it greatly depends on who I'm with and where we are. Sometimes I go to see a movie at the Cinema or maybe just listen to some good music ranging from rock to some track from Bob Marley music I also like jazz music. I' m planning on going for a short vacation after I'm done with everything I'm doing down here.

I also enjoy taking cruises, shopping, hanging out at the park or museum. You can also catch me taking long walks at the beach but its usually always lonely when you don't have someone to share that time with, someone to hold hands with & dig our feet into the sand, to Listen to the waves crash on the shore. To feel the sun upon our faces. Someone willing to travel to new exotic places and appreciate the things we've got, Even if it's not a lot. To feel the wind flow through our hair. To feel heaven as if we were there because that special someone is next to me and there's no other place I would rather be. In my short journey in life, I've noticed public opinions about relationships usually do more harm than good.

For this reason I like to keep my relationships private because when both partners sit down and talk about there differences they usually find better Solutions together. I have been very single for couple of years now but didn't really take note until my Daughter got married and I moved to Europe. Marianne and I are very close. She is practically my only true friend. I have always tried to be there for her just like her mother would if she was still alive. I have reached a level of understanding in which the qualities that attract me to a woman usually have nothing to do with her appearance. I'm not the kind of man who wants a woman for just sex or her body. True love and Compassion can not be based on physical attraction(or lust) alone.

This is one of the important reasons why I do not date often. I do not have a problem with age, younger or older than me... I feel as long as we have a connection and the person is mature enough to understand that Mental Happiness is far more important than physical happiness, major physical differences do not matter so much. Making the world a better place is an Enormous task that can not be accomplished by any individual or group alone.

It can only be accomplished by the cooperation of all human beings. I am glad you are getting better each day.

Bye for now,

Bill T.
#60702 by Katharina Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:03 pm
Welcome Jazzineva!
I'm glad you can't be scammed. When "stringing along" those scumbags, I do hope you are doing it anonymously, that is, with fake details and an email address that can't be traced to your location?
I sent you a PM. :wink:
#68475 by Nikey Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:25 pm
This scam is still happening. Met Michael Fisher on Match.com and he claimed to be a global engineer for Match Tech working in Aberdeen Scotland. He said it was his last big project and wanted to build his dream home and work out of his home now. All of the email messages are exactly as other people have mentioned.
#68726 by tymes Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:03 pm
Hi Suss,
Is it possible to compare pictures? Which website did you find him? He was matched with me on eharmony claiming he is in Newark, NJ with the same text. Same phone numbers
210-280-8487
011-234-802-587-1167
011-234-805-408-1869
011-234-705-895-8988
011-44-702-406-3990

It didn't make sense that he is an accomplished engineer requesting money through western union for contribution for a dead man in Aberdeen, Scotland. I googled the event and nothing turned up. Not realizing that I lived in Edinburgh, Scotland for years, I researched through friends who confirmed there is no engineer in Aberdeen named John Tarzon with a pretensive African American wobbled accent.

Apparently, there are reports of him already with interpol UK. I made contacts with the authorities in Edinburgh, Scotland. The worst part, he is juxtaposing people's pictures from dating sites from one to the other.

Hello sweets,

I just had a refreshing moment reading your email. It so good to hear from you and I am also honoured that you could share all you did with me. I must say that I feel I can share anything with you already.

I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive about me. If at my age I do not know what to say and when to say things, then what would I be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own, his Wife and his best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime...lol... A woman whom you can tell anything. What could make you happier in life if not finding a love that knows no bound.

I was born to a loving couple, a loving home, by an Italian man from New Jersey and an Irish woman. My father was an international business man who long time ago in Rome met this Irish orphan whose only family were close friends. I was born 18th of December 1968. I lost my dad when I was 10 yo, due to a Car crash. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me. Thoughts of my late father brings so much tears on my face. I lived in Milan for 15 years and relocated to Scotland with my Mom. I lived in Scotland most of my life. Living with my mom has been the greatest experience I ever had. She made me understand so many things about life and women. I learnt from her, that no Man is ever worth a woman's tears, the only man who does, will never make her cry. This is a thought I hold dearly to my heart and I learn to live with for the rest of my life.

I met my late wife and best friend in Paris late 2002. she was a fashion model. Very good at heart. Actually I could say I met her in a funny way. We got married in late 2003. I knew I was married to a Woman who meant so much to me. Things were very perfect for us and we had Isabella in 2005. She died of a Coronary heart Disease in 2008. It was a painful loss and for a year, I felt a part of my life was gone. The only joy that puts this pain away is my Daughter and I didn't want to build my Daughter around such emotional trauma which could not be evict-able due to the shock of such loss. I decided to take Isabella to my Mom in Scotland who used to visit us in here about 3- 5 times year. I had to build a new world around Isabella and make everything comfortable for her. I visit her very often. My next visit would be 4th of June 2011 and I also have to resume my uncompleted job by 6th of June 2011.

I'm an independent global contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations and also over water bridges. I have worked at many countries across the globe. I'm presently working on a in scotland and that would be my last on the field. I intend quitting field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think I really have gotten to this height cos I embraced work for so long trying to get over my late wife, that I worked this hard, but I think I now realize I can move on.

I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know, someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can't make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package , I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

This is my story...To be continued

John

--------
Hello my goddess,

How are you Doing? I am so so sorry for not writting you a note yesterday, I got home on the late side and was tired so off to bed I went, I did not even get to shower,(my bad).

Can you imagine how yesterday went. I was with the nine rascals at the quarters. Oh! I need to tell you who the nine rascals are. They are my professional buddies. we work together, we have more of a friendship relationship than Employee employer relationship. When one of us has an occasion to grace, you would be thrilled. we could act much and make a crowd laugh out their stress. There is Nelson, Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, and mike. Nelson met Debby online while we were in france, then we moved out after our project. Then Chan was always getting on Nelson's nerves, but really, they have always been like that. Bishop would call them, cat and dog. They would make fun of each other and I tell you the whole party would laugh. But today, Even Debby is Chan's best friend. After their marriage, we went to Saudi to bid for a project on one of their oil platforms. I personally logged most of my funds in the bidding's and so did many of us. It got to a point that we were knocked out by their local politics. It left us almost stranded, please don't laugh at us,lol. But somehow you wouldn't believe it , Debby did most of the work of getting our naughty asses out of there. We were disappointed that we lost big, but as humans, we didn't know God has a bigger plan for us. Just the week we got back to Europe, we got this biggest project of our career in Dubai. We were bidding for a $4 mill gain project and we got a gift of over $10 mill. Beautiful and rewarding.

Most of my colleagues still have this envy in them, but as it is , I did not make myself but God did. When we went back to the canada to finalize nelson's wedding. we met her family. My dear, they had us for days and the old man did not want the rascals to go. They impacted so much into thier lives. Even the man calls on us like a father time to time till now. What I know is that, we were able to get people's love , not because of wealth but because of our simplicity. That is one thing that can never be compromised in life. So yesterday, I gave them an exclusive on how I met this woman who has become a screen saver on my mind, and they were thrilled, saying they can't wait to meet her. They had a bet on who would be closer to her, can you believe that. They all said, Hey...pls put up her pic in the main room,lol.

I cant wait to finish this project in less than weeks so I can come show you how much I can steal your heart, Let us see if you can resist this Happy man! LOL. The day was fun cos we left early. And I start visualising how soon I can see my woman.

How did your day go? do you think you have listened to your heart? Listen to it and you will find out how much we stand to gain! I am just a man who wants my best friend with me. Someone I can look at and smile for no reason. Someone I cant wait to get home to be with. Someone to hold in my arms and whisper to her ears. someone to run my fingers through her ears. Someone who is never afraid of telling her deepest thoughts to me. Someone who sees me more as her twin.

What do you think?

By the way, I hope you too took your profile off the dating site,lol.

I can be your hero,
John

---------

Honey it's been a sad afternoon here. I got to work pretty late and found out that I have four locals down with serious injuries and one gone. This is the most painful thing I have come accross. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The four have been taken to a general hospital now, I just pray for the best for them, I pity the family of the deceased. They spoilt my mood this afternoon, because they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking thier lives and now I feel responsible for what has hapened to them. Maybe I should have been on the rig early enough.

can't write much this now honey, would try later. Just know that you mean alot to me ok. I really appreciate you dear. The joy I feel in recent days is my best.

I'm really not happy right now, but I hope things get better.

Hope to talk to you soon.

John

I just sent him a bank account number, though I opened a new account and the bank tells me that it is safe, he can't reach my money in my other accounts.

I feel so stupid... And so sad. How did I fall for this, I am smart....normally.

His phone number: +447024063990
Email: [email protected]
Name: John Tarzon

What do I do more. He does not know I know yet.[/quote]
#68775 by Bubbles Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 am
Welcome to ScamWarners tymes . It is very good that you discovered you are dealing with a scammer. The thing to do is just stop communicating with him.
tymes wrote:I just sent him a bank account number, though I opened a new account and the bank tells me that it is safe, he can't reach my money in my other accounts.

I feel so stupid... And so sad. How did I fall for this, I am smart....normally.

His phone number: +447024063990
Email: [email protected]
Name: John Tarzon

What do I do more. He does not know I know yet.

It is great that you contacted your bank. Sending banking information to anyone gives them access to your funds. The only funds they have access to is the account you give them information about.

You are not stupid, many people fall for the fantasy the scammers create. The important thing is you realized what you were dealing with and you have started getting away from the trap.

The phone number is a redirect number so it looks like he is in the UK. He is not.

Don't confront him. Don't tell him you know what he is doing. Just drop all contact with him and leave him wondering. If you tell him anything, it will help him become a better scammer and we don't want that!

Feel free to ask questions as you break free of this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#86919 by KarenTurnbull Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 am
I believe i have this man on live chat now.
Joe Walker is his name this time. A son living with his mother in Chelsea,London. A house in Paris where he lived with his deceased wife.
He is managing an oil rig in Dubai, the pearl. An accident has just happened killing 1 man and injuring 3 others. The mayor has ordered him to pay the dead mans family in 2 days or face jail for 3 months. He is asking me by any means possible to get some money!!!!!
He has said so many things that are the same as he has said to others. I have told him i have nothing, he has been quiet for over half an hour!!!!!!!
He is now offline. Dont know if he will be back! Hes [email protected]@yahoo.com.....on live chat he is joe%20walker.
Obviously i have more detail, its more or less the same as [email protected]!!!!!!!
He doesnt know im onto him YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#87001 by Bubbles Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 am
We don't recommend messing around with scammers. Once you identify the person as a scammer just stop communicating with them. Nothing good comes from staying involved with them.

It is also important that you change your user name. To do that contact one of the Administrators of the site Dotti or Jillian. We want our members to stay safe on the internet.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#97181 by grainofsalt Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm
gosh darnit am I embarrassed! i was also scammed... same emails however this time it was from match.com and the username was "jstefan22" he has now deleted his account.

i had been suspicious the whole time and sent questions that were sometimes answered and sometimes not. he reported living in fairfax, VA and said he was a widower also.

his email is: [email protected]
john stefan
global contractor- houses in paris and UK. mom in her 80s in the UK.

we exchanged pictures although i didn't send much else beyond email address.

feeling dumb but oh well... glad i went with my gut and searched contents of the emails.

i hope there is a way to stop him. i will say that google picked up that it was suspicious also and offered to block his email--so go with your gut and google!
#97319 by jolly_roger Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:54 am
And as a matter of interest, the above mentioned phone number +447024063990 has been previously used in fake employment scams.
#102828 by EddyJay Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 pm
Hi,

I'm writing this for anyone that can help me with more information.

I have a friend who has been scammed for the equivalent amount of $150,000 USD or £100,000 GBP.

To be honest I don't expect her or anyone else to get their money back. However, I would like to work with relevant international organisations to see if we can get some of these scumbags caught.

In my friends case (Almost exactly the same story as the first lady that posted on this thread) there are a few holes these guys failed to plug that could hopefully help them get traced in the future. I'd like to try (With the police in my local area, to try and link connections between some of the cases posted here.

I don't want to give too much away as to my friend or myself, as I would be surprised if the scammers do not read these message boards themselves. Some of you have given details here that are detailed enough for them to know that you have clocked them and in my friends situation I don't want this to happen yet.

If anyone has had any luck with reporting this and having a positive outcome, I'd love to hear more and any advise anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

This is being run by a team of people who have connections all around the world. Some of the accounts have been set up by them, some by innocent people who have been duped into doing so in the same way some of you guys have handed over cash to them.

You can contact me here: removed - dotti. posting email addresses like this will only draw spammers and scammers - user can be contacted via private message. and in time I will get back to you.

I appreciate many of you have learned that moving to private communications has lead to this problem but putting up too much info in this site is also viewable by whoever has scammed you. As I said, I feel nobody will get their money back as it will be long gone by now, but we can aim to catch them if we all work with the right international organisations and make sure they work together as well.

The information I'm most interested in just the fact based, things you KNOW. Like if any of you have had live webcam chats. You never know who is at the end of the email or IM, but in a web chat you can at least ID somebody, even if they are not the same person who is emailing you, which I believe to be the case.

The web chats are few and far between in these cases and I think they only have a few people that do them on a schedule, so they knock out a few calls to people at the same time. I also have resin to believe they are not located in the same place as the emails are sent out from.

Rest assured, I will not ask you for personal information, I am just trying to build a bigger picture, follow pattens and inconstancies and match account information. I know they have used bank accounts in the UK, Australia, the UAE and countries across Europe. Not to mention Weston Union & Money Gram.

Many thanks,

Ed.
#102830 by Bryon Williams Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 am
Hello EddyJay,

Yes, scammers run in packs like dogs. People receiving funds are victims not knowing of the fraud or willing mules.

Readers and posters should not contact you directly at [email protected]. As with any internet posting you are not identified.

If you wish to learn more about scammers feel free to read the forum or contact a Moderator. I am sure they will be glad to assist you.

Surely you will post your friends emails and headers deleting personal information.

Thanks
Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#104812 by JuliaMcD Sun May 27, 2012 10:35 am
Seems to be at it again on Match.com.

Username: bgill87

So far our communication has remained on Match so I don't have his email address. Here is the text of his latest email:

"Hello Julia,

I got your email and i am glad you did write, i guess you should truly know who i am, i don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own Wife and best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime,lol. A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me. I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND
I am Brian Gill, most friends call me Brain though. I was born to a loving couple, a home, by an American man from New Jersey and a British woman. My father was an international business man who met this British orphan whose only family were close friends. She says there was something about my father that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement, while i was twelve i left to study in lethridge Alberta in Canada where i got the first degree and then i later moved on to join my mother back in the UK. My father died and she was left alone, apparently my mother now is old and she can hardly talk or hear, though she send me mails which may take her three days to write due to her recent loss of memory..

MY JOB
I am a Veterinary doctor and love what i do because i have been doing this for 9 years and i think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my late father, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on. I basically vet on farm animals and poultry.

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package as i believe, i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

Your turn!
Brian."

I am blocking him now and I thank you all here for alerting me to men such as this! So far I've been able to avoid their traps so THANKS!
#106399 by t67178b Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:40 pm
I was scammed by iluvjoewalker, jwalker01 on singleparentsmeet.com
I am Joe Walker, an independent contractor of international repute. I deal basically with oil platforms ranging from Africa to middle east and far east asia and i also supply building materials to construction companies and also to my customers overseas.But really i am hanging the hat next year, i think after getting all the wealth in pursuit, i have come to realise that we are nothing without a partner, someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A woman who can hold her own when it comes to matters of the heart,lol.
I have seen faces of women on this site, many of whom have been taken for granted, many of whom are not being reciprocated, but i have come with a good news and a bad news... the good news is i came here to pick my woman to make happy, my eight wonder, my best friend, my copilot, but the bad news is that i have only one woman to do this for.lol.
I saw something in your face, something that made my heart pause to read you, something that tickles in the heart, could it be love at first sight? maybe we could find that out,lol. I love your smile.. i will love to see more of your pictures.
I'm talking about faith here when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams.
Now tell me more about you....what do you do for a living?what do you do for fun?whats your best colour?whats your best meal?e.t.c
Joe