If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#41212 by taurus60 Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met Steven Bobbitt on Match.com (lovelystev48)over 2 months ago.He said he moved to N.Y. 3 months prior.Before that he lived in Maryland for 5 years. He's from England.He got me off match quick and we started E-mailing . He said he was going to England to do a job lasting 4-5 weeks and would be back to meet me. I fell for it hook line and sinker. He wooed me every day. My daughter said he was a scammer but i wouldn't believe it. I still have a problem with it.He said he builds oil rigs.He said he has an 11 yr. old daughter named Nicole.(there was a picture of the 2 of them on match.) He was divorced for 8 years and his daughter lives with his Mom in England.
First it was a terrible accident on the job 2 men died and 2 inthe hospital that had no insurance and he had to pay 90,000. for the hospital. He wanted me to give a donation to the families of the deceased witch I did $200.
Then the job was done but he needed to pay the taxes for them to release his funds. $17,000.00 which he showed me an acct. at Relaince bank. The taxes were over 200.000. His Mom and friend helped him out and could I. I wired him 20,000,on 10/27/10 but he still needed more.Several days later I Western unioned him 4,ooo 11/01/10
more, with the promise in 2 days he'd be here for us to start our lives together.
Then all of a sudden he needs to pay some COT clearance.By this time my daughter saw my acct with no money in it. She started investigating and eveything points to scamming. All his E-mails come up on the scam pages.He said he got them from lovingyou.com because he has trouble expressing his feelings.
I told him this of course he denied. even crying on the phone with me. he still calls, not as often and sends e-mails. I chat on yahoo with him because I don't know why. He still says he loves me and will pay me back. The cell # is +44-703-598-3114. he gave me his license # B-130-777-730-136comes up Maryland.SS.# 415-15-9342 comes uo Tenn. He said he was born there.There is a Steven Bobbitt in maryland.His E-mail come from Va. [email protected] Yahoo stevbob2010

-

#41220 by Jillian Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 am
Welcome to ScamWarners, taurus60. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been scammed. Thank you for joining the forum and telling us your story.

Please stop ALL contact with this person. Do not answer his calls or talk to him with internet chat. Everything he told you is a lie. He is a scammer stealing money from you. There was no accident, there is no mother nor daughter. Please understand that every single detail is a story he constructed to trick you.

The phone number you posted is a redirect phone number. It looks like a UK phone number because it starts with +44 70 but it is a service that redirects calls anywhere in the world.

Do you still have the very early emails he sent to you? Those are likely scripted and used on many other women. If you still have them, please do post them here. Please do NOT tell the scammer about our website or any of our information as it will help him learn to be a better scammer. Please do not confront him, he will just tell you more lies.

There is more information on this type of scam in the romance scams forum, the topics that are stickied at the top of the forum here: viewforum.php?f=13 . Let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#41264 by taurus60 Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 pm
Hi <personal information removed - Michelle>

How are you today?I tried calling you today but it went straight to your voicemail,i hope you get that,Why am i getting addicted to my email? lol. I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read from you. Wonderful. How was your day and night?. I knew something was missing since i havent smiled all morning till now,lol.i hope you remember from my first email that i just moved to NY 3months ago from MD,so NY is home for me..lol,I will be landing at JFK when i get back,and i am planning on finally settling down when i get back to the states i will be stopping field work and look for a lucrative business i can invest in that will make me spend time at home almost all the time,i have spent half of my life working for money,now its till i let the money work for me,really won't mind a house by the beach,looking into it though..lol

What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am old. Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter? how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but cant buy knowledge. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which cant be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather

I am glad that i could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but i dont mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. I will be waiting impatiently to hear from you,have a nice day.Do you have a yahoo messenger maybe we should spend much time getting to know eachother well,please if you do this is my id on the yahoo instant messenger....stevbob2010 you can add me to your buddy list and if you don't have a yahoo messenger installed on your computer,just go to google and download it ,just type in the search bar download latest version of yahoo messenger,i hope to hear from you soon have a wonderful evening

Your Friend

Steve

I sent you some of my photo's i would appreciate it if you can send me some of yours too
#41265 by taurus60 Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:06 pm
Hi <personal information removed - Michelle>

Hello my sunshine.LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshine,Can't get the picture of you off my mind.i felt like giving you a hug so much yesterday,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty.I already added you to my buddy list on the messenger and thanks so much for the photos you are so beautiful sweetie

The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in tv,lol But the only thing i can fall in love with is you, that cant be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,. trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed,. The medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders. If everyone are vegetarians, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in Christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that,. We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because , the only constant thing in life is, CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because i know you at least care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must at least learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, . tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.

You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.my number here is +44-703-598-3114 you can call me whenever you feel like talking or think about me

Steve
#41270 by jolly_roger Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 pm
Greeting taurus60 and I wish under happier circumstances.
Re: the presence in the email of supposed UK phone numbers that start with +44 70.
These numbers are everywhere in Nigerian online scams, regardless of the precise scam format. The +44 70 prefix might as well be called the country code of Nigerian scammers.
If you receive any email that mentions any +4470 phone number, do not reply to it!
These +4470 numbers are a gift to online scammers by British phone regulators. They are primarily owned by obscure British phone companies offering an anonymous call forwarding service. The economic model of these services is simple: The caller dials a rather expensive UK number and the UK service provider forwards the incoming call to a somewhat less expensive to call international number (for example a Nigerian mobile phone, which remains hidden from the caller), pocketing the difference between the call rates. For example, the caller might pay 50 cents per minute to call a +44 70 number and the call will then be forwarded to a Nigerian mobile phone that costs 25 cents per minute, leaving 25 cents per minute as a net margin for the service operator. The more successful the scammers are, the more money the phone company makes.
Who ever said crime doesn’t pay?
These UK phone numbers are very attractive to scammers: When people can be made to believe that they are dealing with a bank, lawyer or government official in London, UK when they’re actually talking to a scammer on his cell phone in an Internet cafe in Lagos, Nigeria then they are much more easily defrauded by criminals.
As far as I can tell these numbers aren’t really being used for any other purpose than to enable international online crimes to be committed. During my short time of dealing with scam emails, I have yet to come across a single legitimate user of a +44 70 number. Generally as far as I can see, all geographic landlines in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland when called from abroad, start with +441 or +442 and will be followed by 8/9 digits.
#41738 by tlsz Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 pm
I received the exact same letter from a guy named Steve. His email is: [email protected]. When I ran his IP address, it comes out of Houston, Texas. Here is the email I received today 12/4/10

How are you today?Why am i getting addicted to my email? lol.Sorry i have not been able to write back,i have been very busy settling down here, I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read from you. Wonderful. How was your day and night?. I knew something was missing since i haven't smiled all morning till now, i am planning on finally settling down when i get back to the states i will be stopping field work and look for a lucrative business i can invest in that will make me spend time at home almost all the time,i have spent half of my life working for money,now its till i let the money work for me,really won't mind a house by the beach,looking into it though..lol

What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am
old. Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter? how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but cant buy knowledge. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which cant be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather

I am glad that i could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but
i dont mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. I will be waiting impatiently to hear from you,have a nice day.

Your Friend

Steve
#41739 by tlsz Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 pm
I met Steve Cayton on Match.com. The following lists the phone number he wants me to call. Again, his IP states Houston, Texas.

Hi Name removed -Jillian

How are you doing?I just want you to know that i just arrived Heathrow airport some minutes ago and decided to use the cafe in the airport to send you an email
letting you know that i just arrived,i thought so much about you all through the flight,What have you done to me??

I will be heading to my quarters right now,i will let you know as soon as i get there,I think you are an awesome lady and i intend to get closer to you day by day and please dont be offended if you think i am pushing things to hard or probably being to forward and open if you dont like it just let me know ,its just who i am and i hope it does not bother you in anyway, right now i think i will have to stop here for now and would be hoping to read from you and if you also feel like talking to me on the phone , here is the number you can reach me on whenever you want to talk to me about anything , i shall always be here to talk to you and share feelings with you as much as you do need me to. call this number , first you have to dial the Plus sign (+) then you include the numbers as follow +447035983114 so in all here is how you will dial it +447035983114 thats the number i use for now,all you have to do is just give me a call anytime at all,i will always be with it ,The answers to your questions are below.

1)Will your daughter move to La Jolla with you? Yes she will move back to La Jolla with me when i am done here

2)Tell me what you like to do in your spare time? I really like to lay back and watch tv on the couch

3)What do you see in your future? I see a very happy man with a happy family

4)What type of woman do you desire for your life partner? A honest,sincere and supportive woman.

5)Tell me what makes you angry and sad? Liars

For now i think i have to stop here for now and i shall be hoping to talk to you later , so just make sure you take good care of your self and you shall always be in
my thoughts

Steve

I post these emails because I was scammed for a total of $9000 from a guy named Dave Gourley. I hope to thinnk that I am a little wiser in protecting my heart and my money. I will forever be paying off the debt I loaned the scammer, but it taught me a valuable lesson. May this be a warning to all who want to believe these guys are capable of loving, they are not!
#41764 by Den Mark Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:45 am
I met Ben Schmidt on Match.com (Benschmidt) [email protected]. 3 weeks ago. Same e-mails. He has not yet send me his phone nr. But I send him mine in the beginning. He saids builds oil rigs and that he has a son in UK and a house in Paris.
I hope he will be stopped.
Here is his mail from to day:

"Hello my sunshine.LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshine,.Can't get the picture of you off my mind. i felt like giving a hug,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty. The only reason this was possible is because you must have potrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldnt walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldnt walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in tv,lol But the only thing i can fall in love with is you, that cant be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there, trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved eachother. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed. The medical practisioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practisioners would die of boredom if there arent offenders. If everyone are vegetarians, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that We were all created for eachother. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because the only constant thing in life is CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because i know you atleast care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must atleast learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are two sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. tell her that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.
You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.

Yours for ever,

Ben
xoxoxo

P.S BAby give me your heart love and trust cos mine is yours now and for ever your prince charming"

<Mod edit: Quote removed, please use 'reply' instead of quoting full messages - Michael>
#41773 by tlsz Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 am
This is this morning's email. Straight out of a love letter book. He never starts an email with my name, I think he either forgot or is sending mass mailings!

Hello my sunshine.LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshine,Can't get the picture of you off my mind.i felt like giving you a hug so much yesterday,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty.

The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in tv,lol But the only thing i can fall in love with is you, that cant be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,. trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed,. The medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders. If everyone are vegetarians, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in Christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that,. We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because , the only constant thing in life is, CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day Theresa. Because i know you at least care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must at least learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, . tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.
You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.I am having troubles with the phone number i gave you ,so i have contacted the phone company and they told me they will sort it out for me this week,but you can send me your number in the meanwhile so i can call you

Yours Steve
#43080 by fabere Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:33 am
I have met Ben Smith on the internet partnership forum "parship". He has added a picture and given me two adresses: <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>

12-6
You sound like a very Interesting person to know. Let me start by telling you some Basic but important things about me. I am currently on my way to Dubai, U.A.E for a business Trip. Due to this business trip it would not be possible for us to have a physical meeting within the next 2 weeks. Exchanging emails would be the best way for us to know ourselves better. My job is a long story, to put it simply, I am a Private Contractor in the Oil Rig engineering sector and Business Man. Explaining the details of what I do would have to be in another email. I used to smoke but I quit 1 year ago. I drink occasionally. I'm always very direct and straight forward, I'm 183cm in height, and I live alone in vienna presently.Vienna was not were I intended to move to when I left United Kingdom initially. When I first came to Austria, I lived in Salzburg for about a month. During my stay in Salzburg I realized that living in that citie was not something I wanted to do anymore. The best option for me at that time was Vienna. So I made a decision to move there. The main reasons why I moved to Austria was because of my job. There are many other reasons but I will tell you about it in the future or in another email.I am a very spontaneous person. I tell you whats on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally. I believe life is like a book, people who don't travel just read only a few pages. So it is possible I relocate unknown reasons in the future. I'm also a very Optimistic and Open Minded person. Being Optimistic and Open minded has always attracted people to me Naturally. I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the Outer Beauty or physical appearance. I believe in the Beauty on the Inside because I learned long ago that it is much better. My membership from the personals website will be expiring soon, I do not think I would be needing it anymore. I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more. I'm new to internet dating, however I think you are a sincere and Genuine person. So now its your turn. Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know. Or maybe something you are proud of about you. I'm an Open book, so don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to know about me. I attached a of my pictures to this email and I hope to get some of yours soon as well. Bye for now
Ben

12-8
Good Evening,
How are you today? I've decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning. My name is Ben schmidt. I was born on the 14th day of December in 1960. I am a Petrochemical Engineer by profession. I earned my degree from the University Of Aberdeen, in Scotland in 1983. My father was German and my Mum was Italian. I am the only child my parents had. They are both deceased. My parents met in Vienna and back then my dad was a social worker for the Austrian Government. We stayed in Vienna for about 6 years then moved to Dublin in 1967. My Dad tried to pursue a career there as a Professional Antiques collector, but things weren't going to well, so once again we relocated to greener Pasture's and this time we headed for Aberdeen, Scotland. One fateful day in 1977 my Father was involved in an Auto Crash which claimed his life.A few months before I graduated, while on a class tour to Liverpool Cathedral. I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool, she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. About a year later we got married. In 1987 we had our only son Nathan. In 1997 we moved to London,United Kingdom due to work related reasons. Late into 2003, I lost my mum to cancer of the Colon. This was a very miserable time in my life because I suddenly became an orphan and I felt alone in this world. I thought the worst had happened to me. But the worst blow came in 2005 March, when my perfectly healthy wife went to sleep one night and never woke up. I've been a widower since then and although I have been involved some relationships over the last few years, nothing really ever came out of it. I have been through a lot of difficult times in my life's Journey. Both Physically and emotionally but like they say, what does not kill you, only makes you stronger.Although I said I do not pay much attention to the Outer beauty, I do appreciate beauty and of course, I would prefer a nicer looking woman over one who is not so attractive at a glance. But I also know that the prettiest people do the Ugliest things. Intellect is a Trait that attracts me to women. I have observed that pretty and attractive women rarely poses this quality. But you seem to be a woman of intellect and yet you are good looking. Thanks for your pictures. Moving to Vienna has been very rewarding for me in different ways. I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves. I like to travel a lot and exploring Europe is something I hope to do for the rest of my days. Well I hope you understand everything I've said so far.Bye for now,
Ben

12-10
Good morning Eva
Sorry i did not reply your email at once i had to visit the the Ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan Al Nahyan. I also took the opportunity to do some pleasure sight seeing, I also took sometime out to learn about the history of UAE by visiting the Heritage Village (A Culture Museum), and the AL HUSHEN PALACE - now home of the Centre for Documentation and Research. I sometimes consider myself ambitious because I have a lot of dreams I wish to achieve before I die. So let me tell you what having a good time means to me, I like to go Skiing in the Winter. Two places I usually go to are Rossland, in British Columbia and Winter Park, Colorado.when I am in Europe i visiting some Ski resorts in Austria, like Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. I like to read all kinds of books ranging from Non Fiction to Biographies, I also like super thrillers and Espionage stories. I have a whole lot of other things I do to catch some fun but it greatly depends on who I'm with and where we are. Sometimes I go to see a movie at the Cinema or maybe just listen to some good music. I'm thinking about going on a short vacation after I'm done with everything I'm doing down here.In my short journey in life, I've noticed public opinions about relationships usually do more harm than good. For this reason I like to keep my relationships private because when both partners sit down and talk about there differences they usually find better Solutions together. I have been very single for almost 2 years now but didn't really take note until i moved to vienna. Nathan and I are very close.He is practically my only true friend. I have always tried to be there for him just like his mother would if she was still alive.I could keep going on and on but i have to get to work now i would drop you another note later .
Ben

12-11
Good evning ,How are you doing today? As for me, Dubai has been very great so far. I must confess after reading your email I was impressed once again. I have a feeling I would be even more impressed when I get to meet you in person. I think it is time for me to explain what I do for a living. It is important for me to do this now because most of my expectations aspirations is to archive my goals in life and in other for me to do that, I have to successfully execute the contract I am currently working on. I used to work as a Contract Engineer for Micron Eagle Engineering Group based in Aberdeen, Scotland for the past 20 years. For the last 2 years I worked at the Pearl River Delta in Aberdeen on a Jack Up rig Platform. I used to wake up by 6 a.m every morning to catch my chopper down there. I would have to work from very early, till very late in the night. I had two colleagues/friends I used to work with, Andrew and Patrick. Andrew, Patrick and I used to stay at Patrick's home in Aberdeen while we were working there, he got married for the second time in 2009. He found his woman on the internet and to be sincere they seem to share true love, he changed my point of view towards online relationships.Presently I am an independent contractor of international repute(Self Employed), I specialize in the oil engineering sector. What I do basically is supervise the constructing of oil rig platforms ranging from Northern Europe to the middle east, to far east Asia, I also handle rig renovations and maintenance. I sometimes dabble into Supplying Construction materials to other Drilling Construction companies overseas. The present project I am working on here in Dubai is a contract to reconstruct and renovate two Semi Submersible Oil rig platforms. I intend to quit field operations after this contract and continue future jobs as a Supervisor from my home office, while I let my Colleagues handle the field operations.My trip down here is supposed to come to an end in approximately 2 weeks time. International trips that are work related are a rear occurrence for me they only happen once or twice a year and are usually very sparsely spaced. I can go on writing forever but I have to go to bed . Bye for now and I hope to read from you soon.
Ben

12-13
Good evening
How was your night it was very nice reading from you ,it brings joy to my heart. I know from the way I rambled on in my email to you about my work and the way I have been so busy with my job lately, you might think it is where I invest almost all of my energy. Well the truth is I like my job but I have a lot of other interests. Life is simple, for those who take it simple. I don't like to complicate things, there is joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look it from but because we live in a Monetary system we spend most of our lives trying to acquire wealth and secondary needs, while our primary needs and goals are left unseen. I worked very hard, for a very long time to make sure I acquired a lot of wealth, but in the long run, apart from the money to acquire some luxuries, for what purpose would you need more money? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. I know I have spent more than half of my lifetime on this planet already, this realization has made me start to re-asses what my Main Goals are. What could be more important than a happy ending?I also enjoy taking cruises, shopping, hanging out at the park or museum. You can also catch me taking long walks at the beach but its usually always lonely when you don't have someone to share that time with, someone to hold hands with; dig our feet into the sand, to Listen to the waves crash on the shore. To feel the sun upon our faces. Someone willing to travel to new exotic places and appreciate the things we've got, Even if it's not a lot. To feel the wind flow through our hair. To feel heaven as if we were there because that special someone is next to me and there's no other place I would rather be. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he has no happy ending if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own, Wife and Best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing we still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime :-). A woman who I can tell anything. I think it is time for me to find this woman or die trying, because I embraced my work for so long trying to get over my late wife, that I worked so hard but now I the time has come for me to move on and find Love and Happiness again. My spn told me that just because something good has ended does not mean something better can not start.I sincerely and honestly think you are a very interesting person. I just felt compelled to tell you a lot more about me. I hope to read from you soon.Lots Of Regards,
Ben
P.S: We can chat on Windows Live messenger or Yahoo messenger in the evenings, I'm usually logged on with my phone and on my laptop when I'm not at work, I think chatting is a better way of getting to know someone over the computer. My ID on windows live Messenger is the same as my email address

Ben

12-20
Hello my angel. I dont know what i have done that i deserve a second chance. I lost one and yet i found another angel. How did i become so lucky. I trusted my instincts and got only you from that market and you turned gold. My instincts still direct me, move ahead with her in my journey. I really thank my God., I mean i ask for something good and he gives me the best.

Hiding from the whole past, rains and snow, for i may be reminded of some memories, trying to forget yet i wont let go.Walking through a crowded street, i could still hear my own heartbeat..So many people around this world my dear, tell me, where do i find someone like you? lol Pleas take me to your heart, take me to your soul, show me that wonders can be true. They say, nothing lasts forever, we are only here today, Love is now or never, pleas bring me far away! give me your hand and hold me, show me what love is, maybe i haven't got a clue, be my guardian star. take my hands before i am too old,lol. i could go be with some friends to have fun, but they don't really comprehend. I don't need too much talking , without saying anything, all i need is some one who makes me want to sing. And you do a great job on that. I have written a song i would sing for you when i get to you. In less than few days i would handover and come see you. Would you mind picking this old man from the airport? lol.

Have you ever danced in a rain? give it a trial and see how free your soul really is. We should really take this to another level. let me hear the voice of an angel. Be warned i have been told i have an unsorted accent, but sexy,lol. When could we probably have a chance to have a live chat on Google talk you can get that easy? now i can hardly get you out of my mind.here is my number you can give me a call 441916451729

Yours Forever,
Ben
P.s
Yes i like to cook
I am fine with chocolates too
i am also fine with voting for a greener world I love nature too i feel at peace with nature help

12-20
Hello my angel. I dont know what i have done that i deserve a second chance. I lost one and yet i found another angel. How did i become so lucky. I trusted my instincts and got only you from that market and you turned gold. My instincts still direct me, move ahead with her in my journey. I really thank my God., I mean i ask for something good and he gives me the best.

Hiding from the whole past, rains and snow, for i may be reminded of some memories, trying to forget yet i wont let go.Walking through a crowded street, i could still hear my own heartbeat..So many people around this world my dear, tell me, where do i find someone like you? lol Pleas take me to your heart, take me to your soul, show me that wonders can be true. They say, nothing lasts forever, we are only here today, Love is now or never, pleas bring me far away! give me your hand and hold me, show me what love is, maybe i haven't got a clue, be my guardian star. take my hands before i am too old,lol. i could go be with some friends to have fun, but they don't really comprehend. I don't need too much talking , without saying anything, all i need is some one who makes me want to sing. And you do a great job on that. I have written a song i would sing for you when i get to you. In less than few days i would handover and come see you. Would you mind picking this old man from the airport? lol.

Have you ever danced in a rain? give it a trial and see how free your soul really is. We should really take this to another level. let me hear the voice of an angel. Be warned i have been told i have an unsorted accent, but sexy,lol. When could we probably have a chance to have a live chat on Google talk you can get that easy? now i can hardly get you out of my mind.here is my number you can give me a call 441916451729

Yours Forever,
Ben
P.s
Yes i like to cook
I am fine with chocolates too
i am also fine with voting for a greener world I love nature too i feel at peace with nature help

12-21
How are you doing my dear, how are you today? I just got back from Abu Dhabi where we went for a meeting here in Dubai and first to say hi to my beloved and most wonderful Angel How was your day ? and how is the situation over there. If ever you think of me out of the blue, just remember it's all the kisses I've blown in the air finally catching up with you! In my thoughts of you there is an underlying love that is present in every word, every glimpse I hope you feel it as I do, for it is what I am and ever I will be.LOL! But Hey! seriously, i must admit without second thoughts, Being in love is what makes working all week bearable. It makes cruising with your windows rolled down feel like you're riding in a convertible. It makes you dance to the rhythm of the copy machine and makes Friday night really feel like THE WEEKEND."LOL!

Tomorrow i will back at work, i got the final footings going on. i am late right now cos i will be meeting with someone i work with tonight concering this so we can finalize but i still don't want to go because i wanted to write a long note, but then, i know i will carry you on my mind all day. Pls know that i cherish you so much. Happiness is not found at the end of the road, it is experienced along the way. So take not for granted each moment of your life and you will find a reason to be happy each day.

You are my shinning star. I know you will never fade. You will be my light to help me read my map of happiness!pls have a good day, and pls dear don't over work yourself for me my eight wonder.

P.S
Say hello to my girls for me ,cant wait to meet you all ..
Ben

12-22
Good morning my love,.How are you today? i just got to work, even though late, but then, i have Eight locals down with serious injuries and four gone. This is the most painful thing i have come across. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The eight have been taken to general hospital now, i just pray for the best for them, i pity the family of the deceased. They spoil my mood this morning cos they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking their lives and now i feel responsible for what has happened to them. Maybe i should have been on the rig early enough.

can't write much this morning honey, would try later. Just know that you mean a lot to me OK? and i really appreciate you dear. The joy i feel in recent days is my best.

Ben

23.12. Good morning my love, and i must say thanks for your care. It was good enough a day, because the rest would be fine, even though thier mistake did cost me well over 50g but i am more than joyous that they are going to be ok. I am seeing the dead one's family today. They just want to spoil my mood. I would be online most of the day today, i will leave my messenger on, so pls see if you could catch me there, i would be more than glad to have a live chat with you honey. tell me, how was your own day? call me honey, your voice lifts up my spirit. i love you so much most wonderful,. you are a kind woman, thanks for the suggestion, i have taken care of everything already ,lol. pls make sure we can chat today, and call me when you are ready.
Thinking of you as usual.
Ben

21-23 Eva my love i love you you so much i and i am happy you know i need you right now i am frustrated with the situation over here can you meet me on msn messenger or can you download google talk messenger i would be online waiting for you there so we can talk things out i love you and i love our girls too .
ben
#43083 by GomerPyle Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:14 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners fabere.

It appears that you have one of the more educated scammers in contact with you and he loves showing off his online geographical research with an endless stream of cities and countries, but he really takes it to a ridiculous extreme.

For the last 2 years I worked at the Pearl River Delta in Aberdeen on a Jack Up rig Platform.

Someone who has lived in Aberdeeen, as he claims, would know that the Pearl River Delta isn't there, it's actually in China. :laugh-s:

Clearly he's never visited Scotland in his life or he wouldn't make such a silly mistake and he's never been near an oil rig. His technical references to oil rigs are just copied from the internet.

He's established himself in your mind as a busy and wealthy global traveller. The next step will be for him to claim to have had an accident of some sort which requires you to send him money by Western Union. Send him your your best wishes and deep affection but not any money. A sophisticated traveller, as he claims to be, would have no problem in getting access to help and support in the event of an accident.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#43497 by windye Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:20 am
can u post his pix cus i got one to post if its ok ...
#43741 by bewitched7792 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 am
I just want to let you know about another scammer I have come across recently using exactly the same information in his emails as Ben Schmidt info & Steve. He gave his name as George Marshall from El Sobrante San Francisco apparently in Dubai working on oil rig (his company) - his email address is [email protected]. He hasn't asked me for money however I was suspicious of some of the content of his emails & questioned his authenticity - he took offence but got over it after a few days and started chatting again. My suspicions were further aroused when I got a email about an accident with workers being killed. We had exchanged ph numbers but I had only sent text msges never called, the number does show as being in Arab Emirates. I have checked his IP address on emails and while the main ones show California if you search further there is an IP address coming out of Lagos Nigeria. He is apparently widowed with one son - Nathan (same as Ben) - he is at uni, his mother lives in a house in New York that he brought her & he has a sister that lives a couple of hours from him with two children & supposedly pregnant with her third.
His emails are word for word as posted by taurus60.
the ph no. provided was 971567901639
he was supposedly brought up in Birmingham UK, with english father & american mother, he phoned me twice but I questioned accent as not english or american - lots of background noise which I gather from researching scammers is normal. He was hard to understand & hard to hear.
since I questioned him again regarding whether he was real or not he has only contacted me intermittently & previously we chatted regularly via yahoo
having read other scams I thought it worth sharing my information
#43790 by fabere Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 am
[quote="fabere"]I have met Ben Smith on the internet partnership forum "parship". He has added a picture which supposedly is fake, and given me two adresses: <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>. When he called he sounded like having an accent and being no native English speaker at all.

12-6
You sound like a very Interesting person to know. Let me start by telling you some Basic but important things about me. I am currently on my way to Dubai, U.A.E for a business Trip. Due to this business trip it would not be possible for us to have a physical meeting within the next 2 weeks. Exchanging emails would be the best way for us to know ourselves better. My job is a long story, to put it simply, I am a Private Contractor in the Oil Rig engineering sector and Business Man. Explaining the details of what I do would have to be in another email. I used to smoke but I quit 1 year ago. I drink occasionally. I'm always very direct and straight forward, I'm 183cm in height, and I live alone in vienna presently.Vienna was not were I intended to move to when I left United Kingdom initially. When I first came to Austria, I lived in Salzburg for about a month. During my stay in Salzburg I realized that living in that citie was not something I wanted to do anymore. The best option for me at that time was Vienna. So I made a decision to move there. The main reasons why I moved to Austria was because of my job. There are many other reasons but I will tell you about it in the future or in another email.I am a very spontaneous person. I tell you whats on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally. I believe life is like a book, people who don't travel just read only a few pages. So it is possible I relocate unknown reasons in the future. I'm also a very Optimistic and Open Minded person. Being Optimistic and Open minded has always attracted people to me Naturally. I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the Outer Beauty or physical appearance. I believe in the Beauty on the Inside because I learned long ago that it is much better. My membership from the personals website will be expiring soon, I do not think I would be needing it anymore. I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more. I'm new to internet dating, however I think you are a sincere and Genuine person. So now its your turn. Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know. Or maybe something you are proud of about you. I'm an Open book, so don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to know about me. I attached a of my pictures to this email and I hope to get some of yours soon as well. Bye for now
Ben

12-8
Good Evening,
How are you today? I've decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning. My name is Ben schmidt. I was born on the 14th day of December in 1960. I am a Petrochemical Engineer by profession. I earned my degree from the University Of Aberdeen, in Scotland in 1983. My father was German and my Mum was Italian. I am the only child my parents had. They are both deceased. My parents met in Vienna and back then my dad was a social worker for the Austrian Government. We stayed in Vienna for about 6 years then moved to Dublin in 1967. My Dad tried to pursue a career there as a Professional Antiques collector, but things weren't going to well, so once again we relocated to greener Pasture's and this time we headed for Aberdeen, Scotland. One fateful day in 1977 my Father was involved in an Auto Crash which claimed his life.A few months before I graduated, while on a class tour to Liverpool Cathedral. I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool, she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. About a year later we got married. In 1987 we had our only son Nathan. In 1997 we moved to London,United Kingdom due to work related reasons. Late into 2003, I lost my mum to cancer of the Colon. This was a very miserable time in my life because I suddenly became an orphan and I felt alone in this world. I thought the worst had happened to me. But the worst blow came in 2005 March, when my perfectly healthy wife went to sleep one night and never woke up. I've been a widower since then and although I have been involved some relationships over the last few years, nothing really ever came out of it. I have been through a lot of difficult times in my life's Journey. Both Physically and emotionally but like they say, what does not kill you, only makes you stronger.Although I said I do not pay much attention to the Outer beauty, I do appreciate beauty and of course, I would prefer a nicer looking woman over one who is not so attractive at a glance. But I also know that the prettiest people do the Ugliest things. Intellect is a Trait that attracts me to women. I have observed that pretty and attractive women rarely poses this quality. But you seem to be a woman of intellect and yet you are good looking. Thanks for your pictures. Moving to Vienna has been very rewarding for me in different ways. I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves. I like to travel a lot and exploring Europe is something I hope to do for the rest of my days. Well I hope you understand everything I've said so far.Bye for now,
Ben

12-10
Good morning Eva
Sorry i did not reply your email at once i had to visit the the Ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan Al Nahyan. I also took the opportunity to do some pleasure sight seeing, I also took sometime out to learn about the history of UAE by visiting the Heritage Village (A Culture Museum), and the AL HUSHEN PALACE - now home of the Centre for Documentation and Research. I sometimes consider myself ambitious because I have a lot of dreams I wish to achieve before I die. So let me tell you what having a good time means to me, I like to go Skiing in the Winter. Two places I usually go to are Rossland, in British Columbia and Winter Park, Colorado.when I am in Europe i visiting some Ski resorts in Austria, like Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. I like to read all kinds of books ranging from Non Fiction to Biographies, I also like super thrillers and Espionage stories. I have a whole lot of other things I do to catch some fun but it greatly depends on who I'm with and where we are. Sometimes I go to see a movie at the Cinema or maybe just listen to some good music. I'm thinking about going on a short vacation after I'm done with everything I'm doing down here.In my short journey in life, I've noticed public opinions about relationships usually do more harm than good. For this reason I like to keep my relationships private because when both partners sit down and talk about there differences they usually find better Solutions together. I have been very single for almost 2 years now but didn't really take note until i moved to vienna. Nathan and I are very close.He is practically my only true friend. I have always tried to be there for him just like his mother would if she was still alive.I could keep going on and on but i have to get to work now i would drop you another note later .
Ben

12-11
Good evning ,How are you doing today? As for me, Dubai has been very great so far. I must confess after reading your email I was impressed once again. I have a feeling I would be even more impressed when I get to meet you in person. I think it is time for me to explain what I do for a living. It is important for me to do this now because most of my expectations aspirations is to archive my goals in life and in other for me to do that, I have to successfully execute the contract I am currently working on. I used to work as a Contract Engineer for Micron Eagle Engineering Group based in Aberdeen, Scotland for the past 20 years. For the last 2 years I worked at the Pearl River Delta in Aberdeen on a Jack Up rig Platform. I used to wake up by 6 a.m every morning to catch my chopper down there. I would have to work from very early, till very late in the night. I had two colleagues/friends I used to work with, Andrew and Patrick. Andrew, Patrick and I used to stay at Patrick's home in Aberdeen while we were working there, he got married for the second time in 2009. He found his woman on the internet and to be sincere they seem to share true love, he changed my point of view towards online relationships.Presently I am an independent contractor of international repute(Self Employed), I specialize in the oil engineering sector. What I do basically is supervise the constructing of oil rig platforms ranging from Northern Europe to the middle east, to far east Asia, I also handle rig renovations and maintenance. I sometimes dabble into Supplying Construction materials to other Drilling Construction companies overseas. The present project I am working on here in Dubai is a contract to reconstruct and renovate two Semi Submersible Oil rig platforms. I intend to quit field operations after this contract and continue future jobs as a Supervisor from my home office, while I let my Colleagues handle the field operations.My trip down here is supposed to come to an end in approximately 2 weeks time. International trips that are work related are a rear occurrence for me they only happen once or twice a year and are usually very sparsely spaced. I can go on writing forever but I have to go to bed . Bye for now and I hope to read from you soon.
Ben

P.S: We can chat on Windows Live messenger or Yahoo messenger in the evenings, I'm usually logged on with my phone and on my laptop when I'm not at work, I think chatting is a better way of getting to know someone over the computer. My ID on windows live Messenger is the same as my email address

Ben

Be warned i have been told i have an unsorted accent, but sexy,lol. When could we probably have a chance to have a live chat on Google talk you can get that easy? now i can hardly get you out of my mind.here is my number you can give me a call 441916451729

12-21
How are you doing my dear, how are you today? I just got back from Abu Dhabi where we went for a meeting here in Dubai. Tomorrow i will back at work, i got the final footings going on. i am late right now cos i will be meeting with someone i work with tonight concering this so we can finalize

12-22 i just got to work, even though late, but then, i have Eight locals down with serious injuries and four gone. This is the most painful thing i have come across. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The eight have been taken to general hospital now, i just pray for the best for them, i pity the family of the deceased. They spoil my mood this morning cos they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking their lives and now i feel responsible for what has happened to them. Maybe i should have been on the rig early enough.
#43814 by Dotti Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 am
As you can see, he is using the same scripts repeatedly, occasionally changing his p.s. on the end to make the letters seem more personal.

He is actually an African from Africa, and he attempted to explain away the accent with that note.

The pictures are of a real person--but he's not the person in the pictures, he just took them from the internet and is using them for his own purposes.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.