If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#324635 by lutherfam Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm
I am an event planner and received a text message on my cell phone from a local number 714-294-3088 that read:

714-294-3088 - "How are you today, This is James Collins, I will like to know if you offer event planning service for wedding anniversary"

This appeared to be spam because of the xxxxxxxx, so I replied with

"Hello and thank you for your inquiry. Please email all inquiries to ****@gmail.com

714-294-3088 - The Spammer then replied with "email sent"
I checked my email and sure enough there was an email that read:

Hello,
Thanks for your prompt response.
Due to the nature of my job, a Seaman/Sailor, always on a ship taking cargo from one destination to the other, it's kinda hard to plan a successful 10th year wedding anniversary party with the intent to make it a surprise party to wife, family and some friends all on my own, I guess I need help. I'd like to hire the services of an event planner in regards to my upcoming 10th year wedding anniversary which is coming up on Aug 20 2017, but I don’t wanna host this event at my residence, I'm already having lots of stress planning this event on my own that's why i want you to please coordinate this event for me, as I do believe that you will do me a lovely party and thrill my guest to the best of your ability.
Listed below are the services needed for the event:
*Getting us a venue is very important
*Making proper arrangements for flowers and decor *Photography services *Catering Services; food and drinks for the guest I presume my guests would like to try a new cuisine. but it shouldn't be more than my budget.
*I'd prefer a DJ and would like R&B and Jazz music.
*Event color : White and Lemon
*3tier Cake
*Budget : 15k
I would like to inform you that all payments to vendors will have to go through you as my party coordinator/event planner and you can get all the necessary arrangement done for my event as i am officially out of town because my work makes me travel a lot and that's because I work 24/7 on a ship, so I'm always on the high sea but I will be in town 5 days prior to my wedding anniversary. My party time is 3pm to 7pm, Expected guest is 50. I'll like to know how much you charge for this kind of event. Deposit or full payment, will be made asap with my credit card once availability for venue is confirmed by you. I believe you can bring a level of service that surpasses anything we’ve seen before.
Please acknowledge the receipt of this mail and revert to me as soon as you can.
Thanks
James Collins
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotations and removed info educating scammers.
Advertisement

#324636 by Bryon Williams Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:14 pm
The scammer want you to take stolen credit cards. Then forward the money back to him through fake suppliers.

If completed you will lose all the money sent.

(714) 294-3088
7142943088 is a VoIP number with an area code in CA

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/