If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#41846 by cindy Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 pm
i have been replying to this certain person named Engr. Evans Jillman..and claiming Mr. Richard Culley as his immigration agent..i had a feeling that it was a scam since he was always reminding me that i have to pay for my working permit...well, anyway this was the content of his "not so perfect" foolery..

(latest email received)

U.K VISA BORDER AGENT
Office Address:
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY
Fax: +44 (0) 2075538135
E-mail: [email protected]
Attention:
WORKING VISA AND WORKING PERMIT PROCUREMENT
I have received your mail and your host has contacted us you are coming London for work as housekeeper, and also your host has advice us to provide you with relevant information on how to get your travel papers to aid your entrance into London.
The fees below is to be paid by your host (Engr. Evans Jillman)
Various Ministerial Registration to be paid by your employer are:
(a) Commerce and Industry - 200 GBP
(b) Foreign Affairs - 280 GBP
(2) DER expatriates quota approval Charge in relevant categories - 85 GBP
(a) Immigration Travel Application Form Fee - 210 GBP
(3) Visa approval fee - 300 GBP
(a) Agency Charges - 500 GBP
Total of 1,575.00 GBP
The above fees are the only fees the newly UNITED KINGDOM immigration law allows your host to pay for you. The only payment you must pay according to what your host said. He said you will pay for your working permit and he will pay the above fees. We will work on your papers according on the instruction given by your host. Also kindly provide us below requirements both the documents and payment.
(1) The working permit fee- 400 GBP
The payment must be made through western union money transfer or money gram in our accountant name,
Receivers Name: Mrs. Josephine Mary Nashville
Receivers Address: Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY United Kingdom.
scan and send the receipt of payment as attachment and send to us.(note that the receipt must bear your name).
(2) Scanned copy of your A Valid Passport, (Take care with the magnetic strip, it must not be damaged, or corrupted)
(3) Scanned copy of your birth certificate.
(4) Scanned copy of your One Recent color passport sized unframed photograph taken on a light background 45mm x 35mm.
(5) The name of nearest international airport you wish to travel from.

Also note that the date of your traveling down to London has been fixed and scheduled, to resume duty.You are required to be very fast in sending the above required documents and payment to enable us finish with the processing of your travel papers at the right time and send to you as instructed by the UNITED KINGDOM immigrations service law here in London.

Kindly note that once your visas and working permits are approved, we will coordinate with the UK embassy in Manila to call you for a 3 minutes interview and stamping of your visa so that you can fly from Manila Philippines .
We hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Mr. Richard Culley

haha...well, anyway..this was a very funny experience..thanks God!
Advertisement

#41861 by achie_nina Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 am
hi cindy i received the same email. Were u able to verify this if this is really a scam? Thanks ... I want to know as well since I received same email. thank you
#41868 by Michael Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 am
Hi cindy, welcome to scamwarners. Thanks alot for posting this mail, this way you possibly save many victims.

achie_nina, it is definately fake. This mail shows more pieces of evidence, one of which is the email adress for the 'border agent'. xrs.net is a free webmail service, comparable to hotmail and yahoo. No real governmentrelated institution would send any official mails using such services.

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#59584 by ybob8 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 am
YUP! Definitely a scam.
I've also received email.
I almost knew from the start the this was a scam, but i decided to play along.
Here is the thread of our email.

Hello i am Dr Albert Malcom 50 years old.i live in London the united kingdom ..i got your

email address on pitch your talent.com i am looking for a private driver

/janitor/Gardner to work for me ..i will be paying 105 pounds per day with a monthly

shopping allowance of 200 pounds monthly..i would like you to write me back if you are

interested to work for me. you most have a valid passport to apply for the position ..i

look forward to read from you
Regards
Dr Albert

Hello Dr. Malcom,

I am most interested in the offer that you've send me through email.
I do have a valid passport and do well know how to drive.

Although most of my working experience is in sales and management, I am a Filipino
and therefore possesses the ability to be resilient and adapt to ever-changing environment.
I do hope these are some of the qualities you look for in an employee.

I look forward to hear from you soon.
Thank you very much and have a blessed day.

Hello thanks for the respond to my email and interested in working with me....i will be paying you a salary of 105 pounds per day with a monthly shopping allowance of 200 pounds at the end of every month
A travel agency here in uk will help you in processing all the necessary documents that you will need to work here..all you have to do now is to contact them through email on [email protected] and make inquires from them so you will know the necessary documents needed from you in order for them to process your visa and working documents to come here.i hope you understand me..keep me posted with updates
Regards
Dr Albert

[b]I EMAILED THE "AGENCY" AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT:

Our Office has received your email
Evisa ukborderagency wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding
the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the U.K. We promise to Offer
you the best. your employer is a good friend of our agency,he could
tell you more about us.You will be needing a UK NON-SETTLEMENT(NON
IMMIGRANT)Visa and working permit to be able to work in the United
Kingdom,we assure you of getting one under 14 working days once you
comply with our instruction.

To proceed, Do print out and filled the attached form with will all
the necessary information on it and attach it back and send to us in
order to hasten
your job opportunity here in the UK.

Also,the only Document we would be needing from you is Your Scanned
International Passport,Scanned Passport Photograph.Other pertinent Document
such as Bank Statement of Account,Invitation Letter,Reference Letter and
Tax Clearance would be provided by your Employer here.
All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which
it would be forwarded to the British High Commission in your country
excluding your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s)will
also be sent to you.
We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary details.

OUTLINED BELOW ARE THE COST FOR THESE SERVICES:

1. PROCUREMENT OF WORKING PERMIT £600
2. PROCUREMENT OF NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER £400
3. PROCUREMENT OF UK NON-SETTLEMENT VISA £600

TOTAL CHARGES £1600.00

We do not have an idea about the particular cost of the Ticket Fee because
it changes with season but we would get back to you later to tell you the
Cost. In anticipation of your response.

Yours Faithfully,
evisaukborderagency
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
UNITED KINGDOM.

Tel: : +447754454693
Fax: 020 7738 2617

Email:[email protected]

Regards
HILARRY GREEB

I FORWARDED THIS TO "Doctor ALBERT MALCOM" and this is what he replied:

ok good...well you will have to send them all the necessary document and details needed from you as the employee..i will be sending the necessary documents needed from me as your employer to them now...keep me posted with updates okay
Regards
Dr Albert

THEN I EMAILED HIM THIS:

thank you. i'm concerned about the cost of their service which amounted to £1600.00
because there is no way i can afford that as I am officially broke. would you be the one to pay for the expenses?

HE REPLIED

well with regards to the cost of processing your visa ..i am willing to assist you with 1300 pounds..you will have to raise the other 300pounds to balance the cost of processing your visa and working documents to come here..i hope you understand me...that is the best i can do for you
Regards
Dr Albert

THEN I ASKED:

Hello Dr. Malcom,

Sir, 300pounds costs a fortune here in the Philippines and I don't have anyone to lend money from. Could you be please so kind and lend me the 300pounds?
If you would hire me, I could pay you within 3 days because you said you will pay me 105 foe a day's service.
I hope you would lend me so that I can start a new life and be free from pain and suffering that being poor has caused me and my entire family.
May God bless you even more. Thank you very much..

HE FINALLY SAID

I am sorry my dear..i will not be able to do that..because i paid for a man who said he was coming here to work for me..i paid everything for him and when he got his visa and plane ticket he ran away..so i will like anyone i will be employing to also pay part of the expenses that way i will be sure that what happened to me before will not repeat..so i will advise you try your best and look for loan to raise up the 300 pounds on your part and i will help you pay the rest 1300 pounds to balance the cost of processing your visa and working documents to come here..i hope you understand me..that is the best i can do for you
Regards
Dr Albert

NOW HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT OCCUPIED MY MIND:
1. Why is he getting a driver/gardener/janitor outside UK, surely hiring from there would be cheaper.
2. Minimum wage at UK is only 7pounds, his 13pounds offer is surely doubtful.
3.The email address that he gave is .hotmail.co.uk (a free email) The real address of ukborder agency is [email protected] (you can also visit their real website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk)
4. Notice that when I asked him where in London he is located, he did not answer.

REMEMBER THIS RULE:

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!!!
#298634 by dominic villegas Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:17 am
i just want to ask if this is real??

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468, Sheffield,
South Yorkshire S3 8WA,
United Kingdom.
Tel: +447087623960

Our Ref: UKBA/VPSD/12.VOL 17

20th June 2016

Welcome to the UK Visas and Immigration, international enquiry service for customers applying for a visa to visit, work, study or settle in the UK from outside the UK.

We are writing to you in regards to your job placement at Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London and your right to work here in United Kingdom by applying for a Residence Work Permit, which would be prepared here at the UK Immigration Office.

We do hope you are aware that your employment status here in United Kingdom and at Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London is based on the Tier 2 class of employment, which is based on the Business & Commercial work permit, which will enable you to work here in London for a period of 60 months (i.e. 5 years).

A work permit is a document that when used together with other relevant papers such as a passport or visa, allows a person from overseas to enter the UK to work. If a work permit is granted when the applicant is out of the UK, it takes the form of a permit document, on secure paper. If the applicant is already in the UK it takes the form of a letter of permission.

If coming in from overseas, the individual presents the work permit to an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. If the Immigration Officer is satisfied that the work permit holder meets the Leave to Enter requirements of the Immigration Rules, they will grant leave to enter the UK in order to work. A stamp or endorsement will be placed in the person’s passport or travel document which will determine the person’s conditions of stay in the UK.

The reason for the review of this policy as communicated by the DER is to ensure that expatriates without Letter of Contract do not have to travel down to United Kingdom for any other reason other than the primary aim of commencement of work as required.

Applications can only be treated under a Tier 2 category when the post and worker meet the occupational skills criteria of the work permit arrangements. In some cases, higher levels of qualifications and/or experience than the minimum skills criteria may be required.

Please note - Work Permits (UK) never waive the criteria relevant to the level of the post.

Work experience gained by an overseas national who entered the UK illegally, or who entered the UK under a provision of the Immigration Rules that prevented them from working cannot be taken into consideration.

The DER Certifications will cost you the following:

1. DER Application Form/Approval - £689.00GBP
2. Flight Ticket and Visa Application fee - (will be paid by Amba Hotel Marble Arch)
Work/Resident Permits Registration fees:
(a) Expatriate Work Permit - £130.20GBP
(b) Foreign Affairs Certification - £110.10GBP
(c) Workers Registration Scheme (WRS) - £100.50GBP
(d) National Insurance Number (N.I.N) - £154.10GBP
3. DER Expatriates Quota Approval Charge in relevant categories
£620.63GBP (will be paid by the Amba Hotel Marble Arch)

Total £494.90GBP (To be paid by you)

Please note that the cost of Visa (IF APPLICABLE) and Prepaid Flight Tickets has been undertaken by your employer also.

This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary Work Permit/Visa and registration of documents as we need to reach out to our contact in your embassy for immediate procurement of your visa and other supporting documents in record time.

So, attached to this email, are the Residence Work Permit Form, Visa Application Form which you are to fill and send back to us as an email attachment.

The method(s) of payment which would be required for you to use while making the payment for the necessary fees which would be used for the preparation of your Residence Work Permit, would also be found in the attachments, including all other information you would require.

You will be required to scan and send immediately:

1. International passport details, (Scan and send as attachment)
Note: Ensure that your passport is okay and valid for the procurement of your travel documents.
2. An address reachable by courier services for documents delivery.
3. Application Forms that are attached to this email.
4. Scan copy of payment receipt confirmation.

Note that processing of requisite documents takes 3-5 working days, and as soon it has been completed.

Other immigration formalities as well as travel tickets will be provided by Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London, and delivered alongside with your relevant documents and other supporting documents (Contract Engagement Documents after endorsement)

NOTE: If there is any part of this information that you do not understand perfectly, please do contact us immediately via email or contact your employer, Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London and we will get back to you Immediately with all the necessary information required.

As soon as we receive your filled forms, we will immediately effect the processing of your documents. Do get back to us in due time. You should also be informed that you are required to fill and send these forms within (3) three days. We hope that you do understand the content of this email and act as instructed.

Lastly, all completed forms should be scanned and sent back as an email attachment with a passport sized photograph and international passport and your payment receipt (see more information in the attachments).

Regards,

Mrs. Sarah Rapson.
Director General.
I need your answer as soon as possible..plssss thank you and have a nice day..
#298640 by Mike Wilson Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:22 am
Hello dominic,
This is all a scam and an attempt to steal money from you. Please stop all communications with this criminal.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#298693 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:43 pm
No legitimate company or part of government uses a number beginning +44708. Scammers use such numbers to appear to be in the UK when they aren't. Drop all contact with the scammer and don't tell him why.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#298699 by dominic villegas Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 pm
i just wanna ask again why or how they can get a form from uk embasy like form work permit,visa form etc. because they send me this form together with payment form
#298704 by HillBilly Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:16 pm
Either the form is available online ( the USA makes forms available online), or they have a scanner and copied it. there are not big secrets to hide there. Google is your friend, look to see the answer.