If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#330879 by jjsgirl Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:54 pm
First one: I met him on Eharmony. His email address is [email protected], his number is 321.406.8393 and is a textme number and is using the photos from the Ukrainian journalist Kostiantyn Stogniy. The information for him is all over the place and he has scammed women in the US, UK and there's one in Austria that I know about. He speaks almost perfect english but waffles between british english and american english. He is supposedly widowed(wife died from breast cancer) with a 12 yr old daughter in boarding school. He says he's from Los Angeles, California and was born and raised in Winter Park, Florida. He is currently working off shore as a drilling engineer in the UK and supposedly lived for a year in London. His messages are very poetic. Sounds too good to be true. I'd say he's a very good scammer although I know nothing about it.
There are two more suspicious ones on eharmony but not for sure. One is much older than pic, the other is a soldier.

Second one: He contacted me via facebook. I don't know his email address or skype name. Only that he is using the name John Richard and his number is 302.858.0034 which is a google voice number. And this is the link where he was posted elsewhere as a scammer. The link is Removed (BW) which is in german.

There was another but his profile is gone and I have no information for him.

I've been contacted by a couple more on facebook and through another dating site that look to be suspicious but not sure. Truth is, I don't know which ones are scammers and which ones are normal timewasters.

I'm new here but wanted to get the info out about these guys. I didn't get to the money part but some will and the first one is really good. I found out by reverse searching their pictures on google. I never knew all of my bad relationships, dating and dealing with tons of timewasters on online dating sites would one day be very useful. Thank you.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed outside link.
Advertisement

#330883 by Mike Wilson Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 pm
Hello jjsgirl.
Please post the full email from [email protected] where he describes himself and family.This will help other potential victims to confirm the scam. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#330967 by jjsgirl Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi, as requested I'm including the 1st and 2nd message(hope that's ok, he gives alot of info in both. One other thing, he uses the phrase, "happy to read from you" rather than "happy to hear from you". He uses thought for taught and other grammatical errors as you can see. Hope this helps others.

Hello Angel, (my name is isn't Angel, just a pet name which he also uses others like darling, sweet pea, etc)

Thanks for leaving me your email address on the site, if you are interested in a serious relationship then i will hope that my search ends with you and will be getting off the site immediately, i also believe taking it slow is a good idea so i decided to give a reasonably comprehensive info of me as i mentioned above, I became 57 yrs old April 3rd, 2017, I am friendly,open minded, humorous when i am not excessively stressed with work,am independent, caring,sharing,a lovaholic as well as gallant, My hobbies are traveling, reading,listening to music and making someone happy, My favorite color is green, I like anything soft, i like blues,R&B and any soft musical, i like a compassionate and tender lady who will be there for me always as i will be for her too, I like nice cloths and shoes,cars though i don't worship them, I am a lone ranger and i live comfortably.

I was born in April 3rd 1960 and that same year i lost my Mum and the year before i lost my dad,they had a plane crash in 1959 as i was told and my dad died instantly while my mum suffered severe injury and was on wheelchair till she died in 1960 right in the hospital where i was born immediately after giving birth to me so i grew up with my grandma the only surviving parent of my dad who was there for and with me till she passed away over a year ago,till then she and my daughter were my only surviving friends and family as i lost my wife 5 yrs ago to cancer,my mum was an orphan so she didn't have a family almost like myself, am alone in this world today with my 12 yrs old daughter SONIA who is in currently in boarding school as i don't have any close friends but my dog Juno, my grandma always wished i would find another good woman and have more children before she died though i have always believed if i would have anymore then i would want to adopt one but was not qualified without a partner but now i also discovered she didn't want me getting lonely when my daughter is not around as well or my daughter not having anyone young to play with, she used to say that my being shy and uncomfortable around ladies wasn't an excuse and that she could get me a nice lady with a good heart if i was really ready again well guess i wasn't really ready then,her dying wish was for me to meet that better half of mine and settle down,after celebrating her one year remembrance i want to fulfill her wish as well as mine and fill this void and this lack,i am hoping to make a home and find the fulfillment in a new family again at the shortest possible time when i find that special lady.

I am a drilling engineer by profession, my job entails maximizing the recovery of crude oil from the subsurface. mostly on an oil platform like the oil rig, i am currently an independent contractor and i have been for the past 3 years so i travel for work mostly guess it made traveling one my hobbies and i am currently in UK for a construction job for 5 months and have already been here for over 3 months so will be back home within or in 2months.

With relationships i haven't really had much fun with any lady after my late wife as most of the ladies i have met are opportunist hoping to grab what they can, especially the pretty once which is part of the reason why i came on net to find my Mrs. Right,so am hoping to meet a fun loving lady and a fact is also i believe age is a number and the outer looks of a person don't define them but the inner characteristics, am searching for happiness anywhere and everywhere, please write me back and send me some pictures of you, hope you like the pictures of me and Sonia.

Jan.

Here's the second:

Hello Dear xxxxx

How are you today? Was great to get a message from but i should tell you this I am not one to be sympathized with for my past pains so please don't sympathize with me, i have been through a lot yes but still i don't see my life as tragic at all in fact i believe everything happened for a reason and my past made me who i am today, a better and stronger man, I am sure you would notice i had my child quite late as she is only 12 yrs old now, i was in a relationship for 4 years with someone i thought i would marry but she kept on postponing our marriage for so long because she had her own agenda and it was just her extorting from me and my grandma then i married my wife for 7 years before she died anyway when i finally realized this it was already so much time wasted in my life for her because my 3 best friends conspired to introduce her to me just to extort from my family and all the while my friend kept convincing me she was the best woman for me and when i finally put up a security on my account and everything else accessible to her because of funds missing and everything also made sure my grandma stopped giving her money she dumped me and left a week before our wedding so this made me paranoid and i haven't had any friend since then since i find it hard to trust people enough to bring them close enough also didn't date for a long time till i met my late wife who helped heal me and restored my hope in women again so you can imagine how hurtful it was for me to lose her and be alone with my little angel and then my grandma passing on was a major blow for both me and Sonia anyway I do believe that somethings happens to us in life and we can't blame ourselves because God has his own plans and people have their own problems so i never let things get to me no matter how hard i get tested in life, my grandma was never in support of her being in my life but i was stubborn so even when she died recently she gave all her physical funds to charity though she left me 2 properties guess she just wants me to learn something, i miss her everyday and know she has a reason for such a decision so now i am looking for something beyond a pretty face or body not meaning to say you are not but like i mentioned in my last email what matters the most is the beauty of the heart not the face neither age or any of what people worry so much about these days matters to me but true love and happiness, i would rather live 5 years happily and die than live a long sad life.

I guess we are looking for the same thing someone to love unconditionally though i will be 100% honest to you so will tell you this about my belief even though not sure the extent of your faith, i was born a christian and my grandma was a deaconess in her church before she died but with everything i went through though not broken as a person i am only finding my way back to faith again and this makes me feel there is surely a reason i met you as i have always prayed for someone to grow with, someone we can encourage each other and i like the message you sent me and i understand your delay in response but work is so hectic at the moment to reply swiftly so please bear with me for writing some what later but for me an email is like a date and i like to be proper so had to wait to make time to write this message to you, i have a lot of love to give and i just want to find that person that deserves it and if you were the one i would be so sweet to you that you may end up diabetic, see i believe women are priceless jewels to be treated with care and respect and if you were mine i will call you my golden egg. At this point in my life i am willing to do anything to experience some happiness in this one life that i have with my daughter, i also don't believe in giving up so i am committed and divorce also not an option i was thought that if something is breaking then fix it don't throw it away by my grandma so if you get involved with me then you will be stuck with me till death so i am glad you are different and for some reason kind of already figured that.

Thanks for the lovely photos, Please tell me more about your family, do you have kid? if yes what are your kids names and ages? you know i keep thinking what it would have been like if me and Sonia had other family members but we don't at least none that i know about so you are very lucky to have any family member anyway, i guess me and Sonia are a blessing to ourselves though Sonia is currently in a boarding school, because of the death of her mom and then my grandma she has psychological/depression issues so decided to take her to a special school for help, i try to make time to see her 4 or 5 times a week when i am around home depends on work load, thank God she is getting better and will be home soon, she used to light up wherever she goes hopefully she will again, decided to add some most recent pictures of me and Sonia.

Well just to mention some more about me, I was also born in Winter park , Florida and spent some part of my life growing up there and moving back home once i am back home and after finishing this job, i think you already found out that i travel a lot for work and i have been to over 25 if i have to guess as you can see in my pictures i sent in my last email and the weather here in UK is very cold with me being offshore and so on and i love it here as i spent some years growing up here in UK but mostly in London but this days my i am mostly just traveling for work though i am planning to change profession to real estate investments after this job so i can have time for my daughter and maybe you, if you are God sent to be my best half as i am wishing and praying , i must confess you seem like a beautiful soul and down to earth and this makes me very interested and glad to meet you, think we should just go to Las Vegas tonight and get married #SMILE#, let it be on the record you are very pretty and don't look your age in fact you will pass for a sweet 16 years old high school hot chick and i am surprised that you are still single i would be on a queue for 20 yrs begging you to date me...lol, how long have you been online trying to find someone? I would like to know more about you and see where it leads also, what are your plans for the future? how do you spend your everyday? anyway till i read from you again accept my kisses angel.

Your New Friend,

Jan.
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#330968 by AlanJones Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 pm
The grammatical errors you described are common mistakes made by West Africans, I've removed your details of them so that if the scammer finds this thread he isn't educated about the mistakes he made.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#331500 by jjsgirl Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:32 pm
Hello, I'm including an email that was sent to a friend of mine(we were both contacted by the same scammer using [email protected] on eharmony, she refused to stop communicating with him even though she knows the truth, I posted about it on scambaiters). I hope it is alright. I thought it might help. It's very detailed, the scammer provided 3 photos, 2 videos(neither she nor I clicked on them to back up his story).

"My heartbeat xxxxxx

I am sorry i have not been able to contact you since past day, There has been a major accident here on the platform and it is by the grace of God that no lives were lost but 2 of my engineers were deeply injured from the explosion and they are currently receiving treatment in the city Hospital. I feel really terrible for the men involved. The explosion resulted from a leakage in the Drilling gas pipes which is connected to the Main Drilling engine and also the Auxiliary engines used for drilling here on the platform. The engineers working the night shift a day before the accident forgot to seal the gas pipes after signing off from work and by the time we woke up the following day there was already an overflow of explosive gases in the chambers but neither of the working crew knew about it. As soon as the machineries were turned on to begin work for the day, it immediately sparked and caught fire resulting in the explosion. Luckily there was a tanker vessel close by which immediately came through to our Aid and help put out the fire but that was not before the machineries got burnt completely. I am not seriously injured little scratches from trying to rescue the men involved in the accident.

I have been on the platform the whole today. the Contracting Agency is sent their officials to the site so as to ascertain the extent of the damage caused from the explosion. I am writing you now because i realize you may be very worried since we have not been in contact for the past day, I urge you not to get yourself worried over me because i am alright aside from the fact that both my Main engines and the Auxiliary engines were burnt to the ground completely and my workers who were involved in the fire. You know since i am the chief contractor here, everybody and everything is my responsibility. I know you will be very worried when you get this but please i am urging you not to Panic or share this situation with anybody else. You have to promise me that you wont tell anybody. I do not want to cause more panic than there is already and this is one of the reasons why i have not been able to talk to you. There is not enough time right now to explain in details but later when i Get a chance, i will call you so we can talk about everything. I have attached 2 videos recorded by one of my crew when the fire was being put out and the engine room department that Got burnt. Its really terrible down here honey but i have faith in God and i know he will take control of the situation. My main worry is Sonia as i got a call that she fainted in school this morning during breakfast so i am totally shaken because she is alone there, i hired a private nurse to take care of her because of her situation consider she need special attention but the nurse is not there as she went to see her family about a week ago and now this happens so i am just pressed but i will do my best to fix everything and I already started making arrangement with a civil engineering company for re installation/repairs of the platform and i will be meeting with the manager and some other suppliers tomorrow. I can't even think straight right now. I will call you soon when i get a chance. Please pray on my behalf and ask God to strengthen my heart, body and soul today. And also pray for the men involved. I miss you baby.

Your Man,

Jan."

Again, I hope this ok. I'm assuming they(this scammer, group of scammers) use the same/similar story to rope their victims in.
#331501 by jjsgirl Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm
One of the photos came from the documentary "BBC saving Syria's children, staged events fake video footage. Another came from the Daily Mail website....Injuries Syrians Assads political rivals say targeted phosphorous bombs(the article is "Is Assad now using Napalm on his own people?")

I'm sure the other random photos/videos came from searching google/youtube.....

I hope this is ok too. I'm providing this so anyone who may not be sure can easily google these photos and see for themselves that the scammers story is totally made up using google images and youtube videos....Thank you.
#331931 by jjsgirl Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:51 pm
Here is another email sent to my friend. If it's ok, I'm going to include all so other women can see what this scammer is saying and possibly avoid being a victim. I'm including where the scammer asks for money. There's one where he talks about a fire/oil rig explosion and asking for $325k but I can't find it. I thought my friend sent all the emails, maybe not. I'm including what I have.

Hello My Queen,

I decided to drop you an email as i know how busy you are busy and probably couldn't make time to write but its getting harder for me to spend hours not hearing from you guess i got addicted, what a sweet addiction, i tried to text you but not sure if you got it since i am sure you are on the road again, i keeping dreaming about us together, what the first day we meet maybe at the airport will be like, thinking will break the Guinness book world record for the longest kiss in an airport lol or our first night together, have you ever thought about it? all i can think about are those moments with you and it makes me excited but miss you even more, saw some pictures that were fascinating to me so i decided to attach it so you can also share and feel these moments with me as i wish them for us.

One day you will ask me, you and my life which is more important and i will say my life and you will go ahead and walk away angry not knowing that you are my life, I have fallen for you, contact me soon honey, I miss you.

Yours today and tomorrow.

Jan.

Hello Honey,

I am glad you are okay and wrote to me, i have tried to text you but never get a response from you there like i don't get on my calls either and i understand you are busy but i would like to believe you may want to take 5 minutes and talk to the man in your life by calling me back especially in a situation where i have told you that Sonia was not in the best shape and stoop to ask you to help the immediate situation yet you have not asked about that and its worrying...when we started talking i told you my morals and family is important to me that's why i take the time to always try to keep communication with you but it feels some what like you don't want to talk to me the past days and i would like to believe our relationship has grown beyond something like but if i am wrong and you not committed to us then tell me because i feel like a stranger especially when i need you the most, such a situation doesn't happen to me everyday so if i ever need help its now and i am just asking for $5100 for her private nurse to go to her so at least i know she has someone with her there, Sonia's is your daughter as much as mine and i know you also care about those close to you like myself so do contact me about this baby, if its not very troubling i won't get you involved at all, i am not that kind of person, since i was born the only person that i have ever taken help from is my grandma and i miss her dearly in this trying time for me, i feel so alone in this world and yet i am not because i have you and have been everything i can for you because i want you to be happy always and i believe you wish me same honey.

I am glad you feel the same way about me and as much as i try to express my feelings through whatever means i can, i still am not able to express how much of a priority meeting you is for me at this moment, i wish i was with you to drive with you it would be fun to go on a road trip, i imagine so many memories we will make not to mention the togetherness, when i think about it, i get excited like there are butterflies in my stomach, do you feel it too? i am counting every minute till we are together. You owe me pictures from the property your uncle bought and i have been waiting for them so please send the first chance you get maybe it will give me some what a better idea on what you do, hope you driving safe out there, hope the flood doesn't affect your driving, i will get off now but you will be in my thoughts, kisses with love.

Jan

P.S: Call me immediately if you can't please do so asap its really urgent to help Sonia.

Here is a text message via google voice....

Honey i know what i need for my equipments was discussed but i am trying to deal with it bug i still need Sonia's nurse to go to her so need to send her 5100 only immediately like right this minute if possible so at least i know Sonia has someone with her baby, please get back to me its really urgent for me, kisses.

Hey Heartbeat,

Baby i need you to know you can share everything with me and it won't be a burden because we are partners that's why i share with you and I am sorry to hear about the debt burden, how much exactly is it and if its paid can you stop your truck driving job? i need you to stop it once i am back because we need to make a plan with all the money i am making from this job together for our future and for Sonia and i need to make a decision where i want to move to and also find a new school for Sonia and will need your help a lot although already figured real estate investment will give me enough time to spend with you and Sonia but whatever i want to do its me and you from now on and for the rest of my life honey

I look forward to your email as you said you can't talk for now but i miss your voice so much baby and i have had dreams about you recently and such a shame about your friend nobody needs such bad news no matter what, you are so caring to want to drop your job and go to the funeral and then taking help just to help Sonia i don't know what to say, wonder why your ex would ever say you are self centered maybe just wanted to hurt you but i don't agree with him and you seem to be the sweetest, kindest, caring person i have met in a very long time and i can't wait to meet you.

Sonia's health is fluctuating as they said she was fine and seems she fainted again so i worry they are not diagnosing her properly because if its food poisoning she should be fine already and would never have happened if her nurse was there so you see why i worry and need her there so if she needs an advanced medical care then she can take her from the schools medical department to an actual hospital so its such a big problem for me honey and if you can send the money even today i will be so glad and like i said its a swift loan and i am willing to pay you 100% interest when i am paying back and by the way i have a meeting with a supplier that has said he may be able to give me the equipment i need without any upfront payment tomorrow, so i may be home within 3 weeks after all and be able to pay you back around then, here is the private nurse account details honey:

Bank Name: Woodforrest National Bank
Bank Address: 250 Highlands Square, Hendersonville, NC 28793, United States
Routing: 053112592
Account Number: 1399312170
Beneficiary Name: Barbara Jean Klein
Beneficiary Address: 900 bingham cir, Clemmons, NC 27012, United States

Noted - AJ

Please send me a copy of proof of payment once you send honey and i want to thank you in advance for this and also for being by me through this trial when i have no one else, God bless you and i will spend the rest of my life making it up to you.

Your man,

Jan.

I hope this helps....
#332512 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 pm
Scammers have used tax offices, realtor sites, other govt agencies and etc that are public to copy real people information.

Best advice do not send money to anyone you never met in person.

Do not pick up Western Union or Moneygram payments for someone you never met in person.

Do not give your bank details to a stranger on the internet.

Do not accept random request for adds on facebook.

No online dating site is safe. This includes free and paid.

Once you know it is a scammer stop all contact. If not you may face more troubles.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/