If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#5074 by canihelpyou Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:17 pm
I was almost scammed from a male I met on blackplanet.com. He uses two names Tony Smith and Tony McDonald.
The link for his page is www.blackplanet.com/freelandfreelife and he does use MSN messenger.
He claims to be a contracted Computer Tech needing $300.00 to pay for a document for the materials he’s used in Benin-Contou Africa so that he can board his plane and leave Africa.
I suggested he go to the US Embassy for help and he stated it will not help him with the fees because he has a return plane ticket to the states. I looked on the Embassy website and it shows that it would help in this case but he constantly states they won’t help him.
He claim his parents are dead and he is the only child. He cannot reach his boss nor his uncle because his boss is a Marine Tech and is always at sea and his uncle is in Germany.
His English is pretty good and the only reason I was able to make sense that he was a scammer was that when I told him I couldn’t give him the $40 of the $300 he felt ill and that any amount would do to hold the paperwork. After I tried to change the subject he would keep going back to the money and then he finally disconnected.

I received an email today 9/27/08 stating:
“i did not say i wont talk to you anymore,infact i will appreciate if you can still send the $40 to him,here is the information to send the money to through western union Name:ISA ADEWALE
Address :20 church streest ikeja lagos,Nigeria
Thanks i hope we can talk soon ,i will try to be online today ,i have been having problem connecting to internet,i cut off while we were talking yesterday thats why i couldnt get back on to talk to you yesterday,pls try to send the money today,Stay belss you see you soon.â€
Advertisement

#5078 by Crispy Duck Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:21 am
Thank you , canihelp you, for posting your experiences - & welcome to scamwarners. :D

Well done on spotting him as a 'love-rat' scammer & for doing the investigating - sadly, some people don't look beyond what they are told by the scammer & fall for the story.

It would also be useful if you could post his email address here as well, please. That way, anyone searching for the email address will be led here & you could well save somebody else from being scammed.