If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#335343 by Lovestinks Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:59 pm
I'm posting because I hope to help someone else and also because there is absolutely no one in my life I can talk to about this. I'll try to provide the more important information as its a long story & I'll try to be brief. About a yr ago my husband began an "emotional"affair with a "woman" he met on a dating site. She immediately suggested they talk through hangouts. In about a month he sent 1500. through WU. I found out, he swore it was over. Not. He continued to talk to her & now it became not only love but she has gold bars that she can't get out of country and are with customs. Many months later and approximately $25,000.00 has been sent by him through WU (who cut him off) & Walmart to Walmart. He was very good at hiding things from me but I felt something was wrong and hacked his new email accounts and all his financial info & confronted him. I made him show me photos of her, and within 20 seconds of doing a search found the real person who's photo had been stolen and used by scammers repeatedly. A "lawyer" of course was now involved in this transaction which is worth 72 million dollars that the three of them would split. I showed my husband numerous websites about scams but he continued to believe them with the promise of true love, sex, and money. He showed me the documents from the barrister and how could I not believe. Well, they're printed on construction paper with misspelling but I'm wrong. He got the money to send them by taking out loans, using our little bit of savings ( we both work hard to be lower class & never had extra), refinancing his car, maxing out multiple credit cards, etc all without my knowledge. Now here's where the twist comes in: he was actually sent a debit card from UBA, United Bank of Africa , and he was able to withdraw $80. Which of course he used against me in proving how wrong I was & that when his girlfriend would arrive in U.S. we would divorce but he would take care of me financially. But then he could not withdraw any more cash. And his lover & lawyer needed more money to release funds, which he could not get. Then they began to turn on him telling him he was stupid and blowing the deal. The physical card looks real enough with his name imprinted and a chip, but on back it has thick black magic maker blacking out lower half of card. At this point I contacted the Federal Trade Commission and provided all info that I could. He began to realize the scam, especially after the lover no longer responded to him and my constant telling him that there was no woman, you've been talking to a man. So he stopped corresponding with any off them in February and I've tried to put our life back together with no money to pay basic bills like car insurance and electricity and food. Until yesterday, when I accidentally came across emails to lawyer and that my husband sent him $200 this week but then cancelled transaction. He's desperate and all of this has caused depression and life is hell. I'm disabled and desperately need his health insurance or I would have walked away months ago. Also, in my state I would accrue half his debt. I can't sleep or eat. Everyone knows something is wrong but I'm too embarrassed so I thought if I write about it maybe I would feel better. I called the FTC and updated my claim. I cry all the time. My husband is missable to live with and cannot accept what he has done to us. We married way too young & now it's 20 yrs. So here's some more advice on scams: Ghana is the Earth's trash can, nothing good ever comes out of it. If you are considering cheating on your partner, do so discreetly or get a divorce first. Or go to marriage counseling. Or at least cheat with a real person and make it a fair fight, not with someone who is perfect because they don't exist. No one is going to recover your money, you gave it willingly. And know that a percentage of it usually ends up with arms dealers do you're helping to kill innocents. If someone is Caucasian, Asian, Spanish, they are not from Ghana. Ever. Here's the info I have on these scum who I hope die missable deaths:
Dr. Ben Nicholas, but he's a lawyer.Ha. [email protected]
Muniru Iddris, Maria Iddris [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
David Marsh, UBA operations mgr
Frederick Eisentraut mgr director
UBA bank east legion 2 branch Accra
Suing Te Ngo 2401 prestige valley morrow, GA 30360
Marla G Simmons 515 E Clark St Paul, Idaho 83347
The photo used is of Briana Lee and I don't want to post it since she is a victim but you can look her up. She knows that her photo has been stolen & used and has both written and record video about the scams.
Advertisement