If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#44988 by ajjamroz Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 pm
2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW!

Here is an account of the communications between myself and the scammer who has been identified by others as a scammer.

Here is another Craigslist post from the same scammer. It is 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW! I recieved the exact same email response worded exactly the same as the above tractor scam from the same person Joseph Graham The emails are as follows.

The quad is in Madison, WI.

I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading to ensure the protection of both parties. They will hold your payment in escrow and only release it to me once you have received, inspected, and signed the transaction approval provided by eBay for the quad. You will be allowed 3 inspection days at your address.

I will start the shipping process the same day I have received notification of the escrow payment.
The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days.

Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the payment process.

Thanks

> Subject: Re: 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW!
> To: [email protected]
> From: my email address
> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:36:29 -0600
>
> I can pick up. Where are you located?
>
>
>
> From: Joseph Graham <[email protected]>
>
> To: My email address
>
> Date: 01/21/2011 10:17 AM
>
> Subject: Re: 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for being interested in buying my quad. It is in excellent condition
> with no damages and no engine problems, it runs great and I have a clear
> title. The price is not negotiable, USD 2940 firm. The price does include
> shipping and insurance to your address. I will ship it via a reputable
> shipping company and it will take almost a week depending on your location.
>
> Let me know if you are interested.
>
> Thanks -----------------------------------------
Advertisement

#44990 by ajjamroz Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 pm
Here is the next email I got from Joseph Graham <[email protected]> when I asked to meet and pick item up locally.

Sorry, I can't close a face to face deal as I'm not in the country. That's the reason I've chosen to use eBay in order to close the deal.

Let me explain you the process..

It will be shipped from Madison and I'll pay the shipping to your location.

You will need to send the funds to eBay Int. to provide the transaction protection for both parties. I will start the shipping process the same day I have received notification of the escrow payment. They will hold your payment in escrow and only release it to me once you have received, inspected, and signed the transaction approval provided by eBay for the quad. You will be allowed 3 inspection days at your address. If the quad is not as I described, and you decline the transaction, eBay will refund you 100% of the escrow payment and I would be responsible for the return shipping.

Tell me your decision and I will contact eBay International regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the payment process.

Thanks
#70985 by baseball Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 pm
The same guy who has called his self Joseph is now using the name Jason Hampton. He was agreeing to selling the ATV for $1800, without the trailer and the snow plow. I knew it had to be to good to be true. He said that he would pay for shipping even though he had just moved to Bonners Ferry, ID. He was saying the same thing as before and saying that he would have to send it through ebay and that he would send the quad when he receives the confirmation and it would be here in three to five days.
#75912 by jenmarie1030 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:14 pm
In search of a Christmas gift we found this in AR. I asked if it was listed and the same email response was given. When asked to come see it with my husband we never received a response. We figured it was too good to be true for being that cheap!! See below email "Dylan".

Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:25 AM
To: Deleted personal information. ~Bubbles
Subject: Re: 2008 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE 750 4WD SPECIAL W TRAILER

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my quad. The price is 2840 dollars. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
#76085 by Bubbles Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 am
Welcome to ScamWarners jenmarie1030 and thank you for posting this information up for others to find. It will help others. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#81180 by Frank_v7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am
jenmarie1030 wrote:In search of a Christmas gift we found this in AR. I asked if it was listed and the same email response was given. When asked to come see it with my husband we never received a response. We figured it was too good to be true for being that cheap!! See below email "Dylan".

Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:25 AM
To: Deleted personal information. ~Bubbles
Subject: Re: 2008 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE 750 4WD SPECIAL W TRAILER

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my quad. The price is 2840 dollars. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.

Thanks
LOL! Dylan Brown is alive and well claiming to be in Taylor, AZ. Identical email address: (Dylan Brown - [email protected]). This is for a 2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 with trailer advertised on the Show Low, AZ Craigslist. (http://showlow.craigslist.org/spo/2723399754.html) I inquired if it was still for sale and got this reply:

"Hi,

Thanks"

Look familiar? I was suspicious immediately because of the price, but shipping and insurance from Taylor, AZ to where I live less than 50 miles away??? SCAM. I may try to arrange a meeting with Mr. Brown ... I work for the Navajo County Sheriff as an unpaid Auxiliary. :mrgreen:

FRH
#81185 by Frank_v7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm
I just sent him this email:

On 01/13/2012 07:14 AM, Dylan Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for being interested in buying my quad. The price is 2840 dollars. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.
>
> Let me know if you are interested.
>
> Thanks
>
Shipping from Taylor Arizona? I can drive there in 45 minutes. My brother can hook the trailer up to his truck and we can haul it away ourselves. How about $2600 since you won't have to ship and insure?

--
FRH

This will probably be the end of it :laugh-s:

UPDATE:
Surprise! It's not in Taylor Arizona as listed:

"The quad is in Minot, ND. The price is not negotiable.

I want to finish this deal through eBay. eBay will keep the paid amount until you'll receive, inspect and agree with the quad. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions.

It will be shipped from Minot and I'll pay the delivery costs. The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days. I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation.

Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the process.

Thanks"

I guess I'm not interested. Game over. :wink:

FRH
#81374 by Bubbles Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am
Hello Frank_v7,

The scammer would not actually be in your area. Most scammers are out of the country they are scamming in for obvious reasons.

You did a good job of ferreting out that it was a scam. Scammers always disappear when their story falls apart.

We NEVER encourage individuals to meet up with known criminals. I understand you may have some training, but anyone can get into trouble regardless of the preplanning one might do.

Our goal is to keep people safe from scammers, I trust you understand.

#82695 by Frank_v7 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 am
I appreciate the warning, and it applies to most of the folks out there, but as an Auxiliary Navajo County Sheriff I'd be bring a deputy as "backup". :mrgreen:

FRH
#125505 by gboitnott Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm
2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE 750 W TRAILER, SNOW PLOW

Got same game from dude which says hes in ND and cannot call to discuss due to Throat infection. Nice atV with trailer, snow plow, cover , etc. and wants to do payments through Amazon for both of our protections.

Even went as far to send infor that looked somewhat legitmate with Amazon's name on it - not suer how these guys get this far with people.
#128404 by Talon Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm
Different name, different ATV, same scam!

RE: 2011 Can-Am Outlander 800R X MR
Inbox
x
Dexter Garner [email protected]
2:16 AM (14 hours ago)
to me
This message may not have been sent by: [email protected] Learn more Report phishing

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in buying my quad. The price is $3,400. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.

Sent from my iPad

Talon
10:40 AM (5 hours ago)
to Dexter
Hi, thanks,

I am interested, I thought the ad is in my zip code area? How much is shipping and insurance?

Dexter Garner
2:58 PM (1 hour ago)
to me
The quad is in Minot, ND.

I want to finish this deal through eBay.

It will be shipped from Minot and I'll pay the delivery costs. The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days, then you'll have 3 days for inspection. I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation. eBay will keep the paid amount until you'll receive, inspect and agree with the quad. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions.

Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the process.

Thanks
Talon

3:59 PM (18 minutes ago)
to Dexter
Great!

I can save you the delivery costs, my brother lives in Minot. What is your address so I can have him come by?

Thanks

RESULT - No Reply!
#128544 by Bubbles Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 am
Welcome to ScamWarners atm1218. It is great that you did some checking and were warned about the scam. Thank you for sharing your experience.

#169275 by sssmdg Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvd/3875741391.html

This appears to be the same scam as below, different user, different quad of course.

Hi, thank you for your interest in my 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4 with snow plow.
I am selling it at 1900 $, because I've just finished the divorce and I am very glad that I took it, because it was my ex husbands most precious thing. He cheated on me although we have 2 kids together, anyway i don't wish to bore you with my life's story...
I don't ask to much for it because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, just want to erase a bad memory.
The ATV is in Doniphan, Missouri because i live here. It has only 81 hours on it, 362 miles, camo paint, one owner. As you can see from the pictures my Brute Force is in perfect condition. The ATV is paid off, clean title, i have the title in hand and it is on my name. The divorce finished 6 months ago.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay. I prefer the payment to be done using....eBay....services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the ATV and only if you agree to buy it). I will pay for shipping and handling (my ex buyer did not received his loan but he already paid for shipping to your state ) so there won't be any additional shipping costs for you.

If you are interested in buying it please email me your FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS so i can get the ball rolling.
Please email me as soon as you can so we may proceed.

Thank you, Jennifer

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Is it still available?

I emailed her stating we are only 8 hours apart, I would drive down to inspect and purchase the unit upon approval, no need to ship no need to worry. I asked for more detailed pics of the unit as well as her address and phone number so we can arrange a date and time for me to travel.

I thought I would post this for everyones benefit as I have gained allot of knowledge from this board. If indeed this is a real deal I will retract my post, how can it possilby be. Why would someone in Missouri post an add in Wiscsonsin on Craigslist.

Thank you everyone for all the advise.