If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#351225 by CeeCee7221963 Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 am
I am not sure if I am reading your post correctly. Forgive me if I am.

On December 29th of 2017 I received a friend request on Facebook from a General James Mark. I checked him out and I couldn't believe what I found. I discovered information that said that James Mark is a persona used by a group of Nigerian men who scam unsuspecting women, divorced, single, widowed, by creating fake relationships and than asking for money. I learned that they steal the photos of U S Military men and use these photos as part of their persona for their romance. My intention is to give him just enough rope to hang himself. Then I will print the text transcript with the photos I have and send it all to the Federal Trade Commission.Is there any more you can post that I can read?
If you find this post, I would like to know what you think. Thank you.
Advertisement

#351319 by AlanJones Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:24 pm
CeeCee7221963 wrote:used by a group of Nigerian men

They could also be English men, American men, Chinese men, Indian men or even women from those or any other country. It's best not to assume that everything you read is correct .

CeeCee7221963 wrote:My intention is to give him just enough rope to hang himself. Then I will print the text transcript with the photos I have and send it all to the Federal Trade Commission.

and the FTC will just ignore it as there is nothing that they can do, so you are wasting your time.

The best thing for you to do is post all of the details that you have on him here for other victims to find and then cut off all contact with him. You are dealing with a criminal who is using totally fake information and knows enough about you to cause problems for you and your friends/family.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#351325 by CeeCee7221963 Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:58 pm
Thank you for responding. I will take your advice. Another person from this site also contacted me and gave me the exact same advice.

I have one question though. You said that this person knows enough about me that he can make trouble for me and my family. I haven't told him anything about myself. He knows what he has seen on my Facebook profile and that isn't much. I am usually over the top careful about what I do online. This was the first time I ever accepted a friend request on Facebook from someone that I did not know. I read his profile and for a moment my guard came down. But, as soon as I started researching the information he gave me, the guard went right back up. You do have me worried though. How can he hurt me if he doesn't know anything about me? If you prefer, we can communicate via my email address. If you are comfortable with that. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you. -------CeeCee
#351326 by AlanJones Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:19 pm
Sorry, that should have said "possibly knows enough about you".

The majority of people have enough information viewable on their social media profiles that with not much effort, it is possible to find out who they are, where they are from (exact addresses in some cases), where they work and also who all of their friends and family are and similar details for them.

Scammers have been known to take revenge on people by accusing them of being scammers, reporting them to the authorities for various things. If you just disappear, they won't bother as they are used to victims realising they're being scammed and disappearing, but if they decide that you have been wasting their time then they could do.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#351327 by CeeCee7221963 Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:09 pm
I do understand. Thank you. I'm actually in the middle of taking your advice and the advice of the other individual from ScamWarners.com who contacted me, and I'm gathering the info I have on James Mark so that I can make a post here so others can find the info. I also read an article that the other ScamWarner sent me about making ones Facebook profile private. So, hopefully I will put a stop to the communication from James Mark.

Thank you again for your input. It's very appreciated. Please feel free to continue to offer your input in the future. It would be welcomed.

----CeeCee