If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#46604 by GomerPyle Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm
Any information I pass on edny124 will be outside this forum, from me to you directly, in the form of links to information already available on the internet. That's why I asked you to let me have a mailbox I could use. If you let me have that by pm then I'll let you have it in a day or two. I'm handling several things at the moment, and I've discovered the drawbacks of disorganised research. :oops:

If your bank are refuting your chargeback claim saying that 'service/goods not provided' is not actionable, then they're talking utter rubbish and just fobbing you off. On one of the links I originally gave you it did mention the steps to take to lodge a formal complain against your card provider, but that step could be counter-productive and you'll need to consider carefully the consequences of taking such action.

I'm ex-bank, which is not to say that I approve of all things banks do. This is one of many areas in which bank behaviour is unsatisfactory, to say the least.

In some respects what I pass on will cloud the simple fact that you haven't received what the company say you ordered. Then you can hook them on the issue of providing evidence that you ordered anything. Perhaps it will provide circumstantial evidence of how they operate, but the last thing you want is for them to push you in to a situation where you have to deal with the company/people behind this. That won't get you anywhere I'm afraid.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
Advertisement

#47591 by scammed01 Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 am
Shelby wrote:Yes, dispute this charge with your card issuing bank and also file a separate report with their fraud department. Those two divisions do not necessarily work together, so it's important to do both. Most Visa/MC issuers require disputes to be submitted in writing - check the back of your statement for your issuers requirements. And all disputes must be completed within 90 days of posting to your account so do not delay. I have worked in the US credit card industry for over 30 years so if you have any questions about the process post your questions here - I am happy to help. Good luck.

Hi Shelby,

I really need your help to dispute this charge with my bank, originally they credited this amount back, but Unfortunately they filed the claim against this scam company as services cancelled, which is not exactly the case I mentioned that they should have tried to charge them back on the basis that I didn't receive services I paid for, But my bank is now telling me that they'll not be able to amend the claim, and I'm afraid I'll lose my money :((( please-please advise if you could. Thank you in advance.
#51518 by chicago traveler Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:08 pm
wow, this type of business practices should be illegal. got the fax, my girl birthday is approaching, a vacation sounded like a great idea, called to get more info. the $199 per person sounded too good to be true, when i called the toll free #, i was asked to lock in with a credit card, when i asked more questions like, where would i be going, can i see the destination online and what was the website, i was told..."thats the problem with you people"...!!!!
you gotta be kidding me, racist scammers? thats a new low. i thought money was green?
please steer clear of this scam, but they must be MAKING MONEY SOME KIND OF WAY.
#52618 by zpress Thu May 05, 2011 12:02 pm
The scammers will not stop. Everyone at that is receiving faxes from H.R. Dept to ALL EMPLOYEES with the phone #'s of:
866-461-0663, 866-226-8902, 866-644-5795 since they are wasting our time and money trying to scam us, just fax back to their phone number listed above to annoy them. They will NOT remove your fax number so play their game and bother them (at least for a few minutes). If everyone keeps doing this several times a day, maybe they will just have a bad day and we can smile!
ZPRESS
update: 9/8/11 Another # they are now using is 1-800-544-4207 - just got this one today!
Last edited by zpress on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#53596 by zpress Tue May 17, 2011 12:44 pm
ADD 866-967-8902 To the list of scammers from H.R Dept. Now they switching to look like it is linked with
Expedia and The Travel Channel and sends a fax that says, "Deals & Offers. Same scammer using a different look on the fax. So, fax back to his phone # until they get annoyed over and over. :=)
#53829 by piqqieexd Fri May 20, 2011 12:39 am
i really wish i had came across this forum before i decided to book something at this scam company. the booking agent will lie to you to get you to purchase the package. it is not just 199 per person. 199 is just the all inclusive package. you would need to pay an additional 250 for los cabos or 400 for cancun.

anyways so i told the son of a bitch agent (excuse my language) that i needed to travel to cancun next week for my birthday. he told me all i have to pay is 250 and airfare and that was that. he then told me he would put me through the visa department to verify my info, after finding out i'm not 23, he told me to lie and tell the visa rep that i am. i asked if he was sure that's okay he said yes it's not a problem. i didn't think anything was wrong with this because i thought it was just something they do in the company for recording purposes. now i feel stupid.

afterwards i was given a number to call customer service which was some other company apparently hired by the first company to do all the booking. that was when i found out it was all a scam. i was actually not allowed to travel to anywhere next week because i needed to book 45 days ahead. did the first guy tell me? no. then i found out i had to pay 400 additional to go to cancun. then i found out i had to be 23 and that the resort will charge me extra if i wasn't. was that true? no. i called the resort's reservation dept myself and they told me the check in age was 18 anywhere in mexico. so basically they were using some bullshit excuse to charge me extra. afterwards i decided to speak to the supervisor hoping to get a refund. she had the nerve to threaten me that i committed a fraud by lying and telling them i was 23. really? I'M the one committing a fraud?

anywho, i will now contact my bank to dispute this transaction.
#62744 by wannesharpe Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 pm
I wish I read this before I purchase. I knew that the "From" was not from my H.R. Dept. so I took a bite anyway. I was promised that for $400 I would receive 6 days and 5 nights all inclusive at the Maui Four Seasons hotel and would be provided with airfare assistance. Well, when I called to make my reservation for the Four Seasons, I was told there would be an additional $400 booking fee, in addition to the $200 for taxes, and NO they didn't help with airfare. I am feeling a class aciton lawsuit. Will continue to update as I try to make my reservations.