If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#312853 by dismual Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 am
It has been deleted per the recommendations in previous posts. He asked me to download an app in which to talk further so photos could be sent. It's been deleted as well. I shared 2 photos and want to know if the person in the photos is the same person that others are taking about. Same scenario. Poor English skills, in my opinion, 3 different facebook pages, etc. I've already broken ties.
Advertisement

#316328 by Wildflower8 Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:07 pm
Dan Miller contacted me on Tinder and then asked to talk on the KiK app since "he didn't get good internet service". He said he was in the army and had been in Afghanistan but was moved to the West Coast of Africa and would be home in 2 months. (He said this Jan. 2017). Also said he was from Seaside, CA. Divorced because wife did drugs. Both parents killed in an accident when he was 14. Lived with aunt. His birthday is Jan. 18 and is supposedly turning 41. No kids. I too thought he was a catfish. His English didn't seem right and he said he couldn't take pics there.
#316331 by dismual Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:19 pm
That's him. He has 2 FB profiles. Just delete him.
#316332 by Wildflower8 Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:21 pm
What do you think his motive is? Boredom? Do we know who the real person is in the pics he is sending?
#316335 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:29 pm
Please post the emails, including the email address, and the addresses of his Facebook pages. That will help others find that it's a scam.

His motive is purely money. He may be willing to talk with someone for years so that she will send him money.

Don't worry about who's in the pictures.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#316337 by Wildflower8 Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:43 pm
I have only spoken with Dan Miller on Tinder and the KiK app, so I can't post emails or links.
#316339 by Mike Wilson Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:03 pm
Hello Wildflower8,
The information that you posted is a typical fake soldier romance scam operating from West Africa. The goal of this scam is to steal money from you by asking to pay for leave or other fake expenses.
Just ignore all future communications from him without telling him that you know it is a scam..

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#316341 by Wildflower8 Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm
One more thing, Dan Miller says he is in Africa (over 7,000 mi. away) but Tinder uses GPS and is listing him currently 600 mi. away, so he is in the USA. Be careful ladies.
#316342 by Bryon Williams Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:31 pm
Hello,

The scammer is in W. Africa as he stated.

These scammers will change their IP in order to scam.

Tinder would see the red flags if he used his own IP showing Africa.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#342198 by Tcblin2010 Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:50 pm
George miller is at it again, this time pretending to be a Air Force General, however he’s pictured wearing an Army uniform! He chose the MOS as 14m Air Defense system which is Army but he claims he’s in the Air Force! He claims the division has been switched to the Air Force! My brother is retired Air Force with top clearances and said this is false! I’m not sure what he wants he! I have reported his Facebook profile as fake!